Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 16 - Bombers v Swans Sat July 2nd 1:45pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

BEF1A421-99BD-4201-AB63-37772AE053F5.png
16TH V 6TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 16
ESSENDON V SYDNEY
SATURDAY JULY 2ND 1:45PM EST (MCG)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

BOMBERS

B: Zerk-Thatcher, Laverde, Ridley
HB: Guelfi, Kelly, Redman
C: Durham, Merrett, Langford
HF: Martin, Snelling, Perkins
F: Wright, Stringer, Jones
FOLL: Draper, Shiel, Parish

I/C: Hind, D’Ambrosio, Caldwell, Heppell
EMG: Hobbs, Phillips, Reid, Ham

IN: Parish, Zerk-Thatcher
OUT: Hobbs, Bryan (both omitted)

SWANS
B: Fox, T.McCartin, Rampe
HB: McInerney, P.McCartin, Lloyd
C: Gulden, Mills, Florent
HF: Hayward, Reid, Stephens
F: Heeney, Franklin, Papley
FOLL: Hickey, Parker, Rowbottom

I/C: Blakey, Campbell, McDonald, Warner
EMG: Clarke, Gould, Ronke, Ladhams

IN: McInerney
OUT: Clarke (omitted), Taylor (sub)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

MILESTONE: LUKE PARKER 250 GAMES

Sydney Swans co-captain Luke Parker will run out in his 250th AFL game when the Swans take on Essendon at the MCG on Saturday.

Parker, who joined the Swans through the 2010 AFL Draft at pick 40, is a 2012 premiership player who has played in a total of 19 finals with Sydney.

The 29-year-old midfielder is enjoying another strong season in the red and white, following a stellar 2021 season in which he won the Bob Skilton Medal for a third time.

Last edited:

Bombers to inject some life into their season by running the Swans to a close margin, too close to call at this stage.

These sides have a history of games being decided by just a kick or so, regardless of ladder position.

The Bombers always run us close. Swans by 3 points with Callum Mills chalking up about a thousand possessions

The Bombers always run us close. Swans by 3 points with Callum Mills chalking up about a thousand possessions

Bombers to inject some life into their season by running the Swans to a close margin, too close to call at this stage.

These sides have a history of games being decided by just a kick or so, regardless of ladder position.

Just one example but indicative of where Essendon is at so yeah, nah, not this season guys & if push came to shove, I'd probably take 105-47 right now🤣

Last edited:

We just let the eagles who are completely and utterly shithouse kick 100 on us.

You think we will be within 3 points of the Swans?

LOL

We are absolute dog s**t, if we get within 30 points than that will be a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just let the eagles who are completely and utterly shithouse kick 100 on us.

You think we will be within 3 points of the Swans?

LOL

We are absolute dog s**t, if we get within 30 points than that will be a win.
I mean I agree, it makes no sense that you would get anywhere near us. But it didn’t make sense when you ran us close on a bunch of other recent occasions either, including the same fixture last year.

I mean I agree, it makes no sense that you would get anywhere near us. But it didn’t make sense when you ran us close on a bunch of other recent occasions either, including the same fixture last year.

lol. The Swans have not always better better than us, we just seemingly always seem to play you at the SCG where you get the absolute dick ride of the year against us.

When you play in Melbourne, it generally is a different story.

I mean, do you honestly you think if a Swans player climbed a goal post at the MCG during a final siren goal attempt than the ump wouldn't call it? if he didn't, would dead set get bottled on the way out of the field.

lol. The Swans have not always better better than us, we just seemingly always seem to play you at the SCG where you get the absolute dick ride of the year against us.

When you play in Melbourne, it generally is a different story.

I mean, do you honestly you think if a Swans player climbed a goal post at the MCG during a final siren goal attempt than the ump wouldn't call it? if he didn't, would dead set get bottled on the way out of the field.
What’s funny is that Essendon fans still seem to think that the post-climbing incident (dumb as it was) had any effect whatsoever on the result of that game. But whatever. Kind of getting off topic now.

The irony here is that I hope you’re right and we demolish you. I was merely saying that logic rarely seems able to explain the final margin in the games we play against each other. Best of luck on the weekend.

What’s funny is that Essendon fans still seem to think that the post-climbing incident (dumb as it was) had any effect whatsoever on the result of that game. But whatever. Kind of getting off topic now.

The irony here is that I hope you’re right and we demolish you. I was merely saying that logic rarely seems able to explain the final margin in the games we play against each other. Best of luck on the weekend.

Good luck, yes you will bury us.

Well i mean your wrong. But lets close it out regardless cause I cant help myself, and it also justifies my point of the swans getting kissed on the dick at the SCG.

The rule does not state that the shaking of a goal post needs to have an effect on the shot at goal. It merely states that you cannot intentionally shake,climb etc a goal post BEFORE the other player has disposed of it.

1656549937952.png

1656550191622.png

Letter of the law says you got away with it. Plain and simple cause the umpire at the time likely didn't even *in know it was a free kick.

Good luck, yes you will bury us.

Well i mean your wrong. But lets close it out regardless cause I cant help myself, and it also justifies my point of the swans getting kissed on the dick at the SCG.

The rule does not state that the shaking of a goal post needs to have an effect on the shot at goal. It merely states that you cannot intentionally shake,climb etc a goal post BEFORE the other player has disposed of it.

View attachment 1436156

View attachment 1436157

Letter of the law says you got away with it. Plain and simple cause the umpire at the time likely didn't even *in know it was a free kick.
Lol nice copying and pasting of rule that I was never debating 😂 I’m not wrong at all - you’re just completely misunderstanding my point. I never disputed that a free should have been paid.

What I was saying, I thought quite clearly, was that Rampe climbing the post had no impact on the result. He climbed the post and we won. If he hadn’t climbed it, we still would have won. He gave us no material advantage whatsoever. That’s all I was getting at.

Should a free have been paid, i.e. should his brain fade have cost us the game? Yes absolutely, would be silly to argue otherwise.

Lol nice copying and pasting of rule that I was never debating 😂 I’m not wrong at all - you’re just completely misunderstanding my point. I never disputed that a free should have been paid.

What I was saying, I thought quite clearly, was that Rampe climbing the post had no impact on the result. He climbed the post and we won. If he hadn’t climbed it, we still would have won. He gave us no material advantage whatsoever. That’s all I was getting at.

Should a free have been paid, i.e. should his brain fade have cost us the game? Yes absolutely, would be silly to argue otherwise.

ok fair enough than.

Swans by ~20 points. Was beautiful match how they won against Demons, while Bombers lost against Eagles recently. I see Swans winning.

Back