Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 16 - Lions v Dogs Thurs June 30th 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

46A74EB0-0E49-47A8-B3DD-36634AF21FAF.png

3RD V 8TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 16
BRISBANE V WESTERN BULLDOGS
THURSDAY JUNE 30TH 7:20PM EST (GABBA)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

LIONS

B: J.Payne, H.Andrews, M.Adams
HB: B.Starcevich, D.Rich, D.Zorko
C: J.Berry, Z.Bailey, H.McCluggage
HF: C.Rayner, E.Hipwood, L.McCarthy
F: D.McStay, J.Daniher, C.Cameron
FOLL: O.McInerney, J.Lyons, L.Neale

I/C: C.Ah Chee, K.Coleman, J.Tunstill, N.Answerth
EMG: J.Prior, D.Fort, R.Lester, R.Mathieson

IN: D.Zorko, Z.Bailey
OUT: M.Robinson, T.Berry, D.Robertson (all omitted)

BULLDOGS
B: H.Crozier, R.Gardner, T.O’Brien
HB: B.Williams, A.Keath, B.Dale
C: L.Hunter, J.Macrae, A.Scott
HF: J.Johannisen, J.Ugle-Hagan, T.Liberatore
F: M.Bontempelli, A.Naughton, C.Weightman
FOLL: J.Sweet, J.Dunkley, A.Treloar

I/C: R.West, D.Bedendo, R.McComb, J.Schache
EMG: S.Darcy, B.Khamis, L.McNeil, R.Garcia

IN: L.Hunter, D.Bedendo
OUT: E.Richards, C.Daniel (both injured), L.McNeil (sub)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs can only drop 2 or 3 games if they're to make finals, but this is likely to be one - even without Brisbane hurting from that bad loss last week it would've been tough, god knows how they'll come out on Thursday now.

Poor goal kicking could be the equaliser, or the dogs midfield coming to play and really linking well with the forward line, but I'm not that optimistic.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
We've just got to be on from the first bounce, we allow Brisbane to do to us what we let Hawthorn and Geelong do, the game will be close to over at quarter time.

If the midfield is switched on there's no reason we can't dominate in that area as it's obviously the area of strength over Brissy.

Jeremiah001

Cancelled
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pessimism abounds on the Lions board. Not many there give us a chance. Lots of screeching for heads to roll.

The best chance of beating the Lions is speed. We cant go with teams running on top of the ground at the moment.

Formline says Doggies but with the Doggies probable outs i reckon the Lions can hit back on their home deck.

Important game for both clubs.

Battle of the two best attacking teams in the eight and two of the three worst defensive teams in the eight.

Imagine it'll be a high scoring game. Dogs will be looking to exploit the lack of defensive running from Brisbane's mids, whereas the Lions will look for their forwards to exert dominance over the Dogs' leaky back six that really lacks any strong 1:1 defenders.

If Brisbane comes close to matching the Dogs in the middle, they should win. But after seeing how much their midfielders refuse to defend against opposing mids, I don't think they will.

Dogs for mine.

John Smith92

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Feel like Neale and Rich are the keys to this one. If one or both have a big game then the quality inside 50s they generate will slaughter our backline, if we lockdown on Neale and avoid handing the ball over in our forward half we'll probably overwhelm them.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
You just know this will come down to the final minutes.
Doggies match up well against Brisbane. Even without the likes of Richards, English and Smith, that midfield is going to dictate a game for large stretches no matter the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Fagan has given the Lions a “mulligan” after last week and he has changed things up in the pre-match for tonight’s game. His biggest innovation has been in the selection of pre-match music.

May 28, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Rams, Lakers, Rabbitohs
If the Bulldogs are to make the 8 this year or at least stay in the hunt with the tough draw they have, they’ve gotta win this. With all that being said, still picking the Bulldogs, this is big for them. Bulldogs by 14 for me

If the Bulldogs are to make the 8 this year or at least stay in the hunt with the tough draw they have, they’ve gotta win this. With all that being said, still picking the Bulldogs, this is big for them. Bulldogs by 14 for me
You're right, if we lose this game we may as well start planning for next year

Tough draw to the end of the year

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Can the Lions becas bad as last week? No, they can't. I predict punishment on the Dogs. No prisoners.

Back