Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 16 - Suns v Pies Sat July 2nd 7:25pm EST (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the excitement around the Suns which is what you would expect with so many high picks but their should be more heat on them for not playing finals yet again.

I don't see why Dew should get an extension after five years in the job
I’ll put another question to you - did you expect the Suns to even have a chance to play finals at the start of the year?

And the record of clubs that give coaches who look like they’re doing OK but maybe could be doing better the arse for a coach with an elite reputation isn’t great. For every Lyon replacing Harvey you get a Malthouse replacing Ratten. And if the Suns get it wrong they could fold…..

* you vfl

The AFL want Collingwood in the finals for revenue purposes.

Next year they'll be powerless against the juggernaut that is the Suns.

Queenslander!!

The AFL want Collingwood in the finals for revenue purposes.

Next year they'll be powerless against the juggernaut that is the Suns.

Queenslander!!
I dont think we will go 22-0 next year but I’m struggling to see who will beat us

No just wanted to mention how much help the bluesers get
Help? That's cute. You understand teams that are first to the ball often get rewarded with free kicks. Blues lead the comp in disposals and are up there for contested possessions (3rd). It's also why Dogs are always up there for free kick differential. The stat is meaningless.

The Suns had a three goal lead with 10 minutes left in a low scoring game. They should've held on but went too defensive when they had all the play. They win, they're in the finals mix but tonight proved they're still a year away. Still on the right track though.

I get the excitement around the Suns which is what you would expect with so many high picks but their should be more heat on them for not playing finals yet again.

I don't see why Dew should get an extension after five years in the job
They have a fair few injuries and still doing relatively well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll put another question to you - did you expect the Suns to even have a chance to play finals at the start of the year?

And the record of clubs that give coaches who look like they’re doing OK but maybe could be doing better the arse for a coach with an elite reputation isn’t great. For every Lyon replacing Harvey you get a Malthouse replacing Ratten. And if the Suns get it wrong they could fold…..

Yes, I did and have in some previous years. I just think they have underachieved. At some point you have to be judged by results.

You are right that there are huge risks getting a replacement coach. I guess he will get a 6th amd 7th year but I'd be making the 7th year dependent on playing finals.

They pay the Collins one that was knocked out, but Daicos just before the siren gets the ball, runs 4-5 syeps, gets tackled, drops the ball and misses his foot and no call. Just purely bizzare.
I thought it was disappointing when Henry was blatantly pushed in the back (with 2 hands) 20m out from goal.
But that's the game. Some get called and some don't. No point in crying over it. Happens each week and will continue to happen each week.

It's sad that people get worked up over umpiring decisions not being called in their favour each week.
And what about the losers who say they don't go to the football anymore because of the umpires?? Staggering.

Do you go to the football?

Back