Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Saints v Freo Sat July 9th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am, either the AFL have assigned an incompetent umpire to a game or he was barracking for Dockers to win. Which is worse?
No, you're really not.

But, to answer the question, I'm going with option C.

Freo kicked 11 goals to 3 in the second half, partly because Freo went up a gear, and partly because Saints couldn't go with them.

I don't think Saints lost because of a 50/50 decision in the 2nd quarter. Actually, now that I type that it sounds pathetic that we're even discussing it.

I'm out.

No, you're really not.

But, to answer the question, I'm going with option C.

Freo kicked 11 goals to 3 in the second half, partly because Freo went up a gear, and partly because Saints couldn't go with them.

I don't think Saints lost because of a 50/50 decision in the 2nd quarter. Actually, now that I type that it sounds pathetic that we're even discussing it.

I'm out.
Again, it was the first quarter where the umps kept you in the game. The incident in the second has nothing to do with what I'm talking about but is very telling that a lot of Docker supporters believe we are salty about that one incident.

You know the umpiring was bad when it makes the news.

Amazing how we regularly get some of the worst umpiring in our games with so many controversial calls going against us, it can't just be a coincidence.

It makes no difference for us, we have had bigger home crowds than last night booing the hell out of the umpires and some of their bad decisions against us but it still doesn't stop them from screwing us. For some reason they seem to be deaf to the noise of affirmation at our home games.
Technicality, but the article wasn't about the umpiring, it was about the Saints fans "erupting". I'm sure they are the first team to have a goal kicked against from a dodgy umpiring call.

1657414440130-png.1443270

Lol... imagine insisting you lost a game because the umps kept your opponents in it during a qtr where the FK count was 9-2 in your favour!

This win is getting more enjoyable by the minute. Saints fans are the gift that keeps on giving.
Imagine winning because the umps got you over the line, not because they like your team better but because they hate the opposition more.
Imagine being so irrelevant to the game that majority of AFL supporters didn't care that it was your team playing but only cared that the Saints were and the umpires were unfairly adjudicating a game of football.

This whole thread has been about Saints v umps, how does it feel that no one cares about the Dockers. You guys bitch and complain about 21 thousand at the game but how many were Dockers supporters. Very little, you have an irrelevant club.

I enjoy a bit of banter with oppo supporters but Dockers and Collingwood supporters are the worst to deal with.
Dockers supporters are spiteful because their club is so small fry that 99% of other supporters don't know they exist and Collingwood supporters have about as much brain cell as a gold fish combined.

Tell you what, for all the mouthing off, carrying on, headbobbling and sense of unreserved entitlement you FLOGMANTLE fans have (without efer having achieved anything at all), you’d better bloody actually do something this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the
Technicality, but the article wasn't about the umpiring, it was about the Saints fans "erupting". I'm sure they are the first team to have a goal kicked against from a dodgy umpiring call.
And several writers for various AFL publications who agreed.
Usually they get in hot water for going against the umpiring so for them to express their outrage and knowing the consequences, it gives more weight to the blantant missed free kick that Dockers fans continually say Clark got his boot to.

It was an article about Saints fans erupting over the poor umpiring and it wasn't just one bad call that went against us either but several bad calls.

It also wasn't just Saints fans up in arms over the poor umpiring last night, neutral fans were too which the article points out with quotes from a few.

Most AFL games don't have a news article about the umpiring so the fact that this game did tells you something about how poor the umpiring was.

It was an article about Saints fans erupting over the poor umpiring and it wasn't just one bad call that went against us either but several bad calls.

It also wasn't just Saints fans up in arms over the poor umpiring last night, neutral fans were too which the article points out with quotes from a few.

Most AFL games don't have a news article about the umpiring so the fact that this game did tells you something about how poor the umpiring was.
LOL mate you are beyond pathetic

How much do you think people pay to go watch the Premier League, NBA, NFL or even the college games in the US - even the WAFL costs $10 or more go to here in Perth. $27 for 3-3 and half hours is cheap for an experience you can't replicate at home. You don't have to buy the food or drink at the ground, you can bring your own, and at the moment kids are free, and then are probably half price at $13.50. I expect you can get a 3 game membership for $75 and for a while with Freo they were offering 6 games for $75. I think it's really good value.

I think, actually i know you missed the sarcasm in the post!

My point was it is Saints fans upset this week. There are fans (generally fans of losing teams) unhappy with umpiring every week. We have all suffered - unfortunately even when they're clearly wrong whinging about it doesn't change anything.

You must be related to Plugger35. Either that, or you are Plugger35, posting under a nom de plume. Seems like no matter which match you’re posting about, it’s always a whinge about the umpires. Any chance you could actually talk about the game for a change?

No doubt this will now bring on another diatribe about how the umpires got the Pies over the line yesterday.

Seriously mate. Get a life.

I was going to ask the same thing. Is this dude Plugger35's brother?

Please note: Stax and I aren't related.

Imagine winning because the umps got you over the line, not because they like your team better but because they hate the opposition more.
Imagine being so irrelevant to the game that majority of AFL supporters didn't care that it was your team playing but only cared that the Saints were and the umpires were unfairly adjudicating a game of football.

This whole thread has been about Saints v umps, how does it feel that no one cares about the Dockers. You guys bitch and complain about 21 thousand at the game but how many were Dockers supporters. Very little, you have an irrelevant club.

I enjoy a bit of banter with oppo supporters but Dockers and Collingwood supporters are the worst to deal with.
Dockers supporters are spiteful because their club is so small fry that 99% of other supporters don't know they exist and Collingwood supporters have about as much brain cell as a gold fish combined.
Massive piles of salt on this thread
EA3A86D2-A206-46FE-BD6E-11C72E34C669.jpeg

Freo’s pressure was there from the start and you could tell that unless Saints gave it back they would eventually fold and that’s what happened
The Clark free kick should have been paid but that didn’t lose Saints the game
Need to handle Pressure
Saints midfield was good most of the game

Massive piles of salt on this thread
View attachment 1443583

Freo’s pressure was there from the start and you could tell that unless Saints gave it back they would eventually fold and that’s what happened
The Clark free kick should have been paid but that didn’t lose Saints the game
Need to handle Pressure
Saints midfield was good most of the game
Is this the same pressure that allowed us the easiest centre clearance I have ever seen. Not til Fyfe came into the centre bounce did it change and that didn't happen till the second half. Dockers pressure is what kept you in the game until half time, was it?

Dockers supporters are spiteful because their club is so small fry that 99% of other supporters don't know they exist
I actually feel the opposite. I don't mind being one of the clubs that doesn't garner that huge amount of attention. Because on the odd occasion when we have a good season it makes the footy world that didn't know Freo existed have to sit up and acknowledge us/deal with us/sook when they lose at home to us/work out ways to beat us and see a glaring purple spot on the ladder they have to talk about all while largely continuing to underestimate us. It's fun being the irrelevant little kid beating up on his classmates.

You also forgot to add 2 factors into this.....

1. Saints previous game was Carlton at docklands. You didn't travel previous game. Dockers just survived an inconsistent but experienced and dangerous port power side.

2. Saints had 8 days to recover. Freo only 6 days.

Keep that in mind.

In a way, I half predicted your side to have a better 2nd half.

And after all that...... You still have hatred towards Ross Lyon lol.

If you didn't waste your energy on your hatred of Ross Lyon from 2012-19, saints would of made finals in 2012, 2016 and 2017.

Back