Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Swans v Dogs Fri July 8th 7:50pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I hear that right, Bulldogs haven’t won a final since they won* the 2016 grand final? (Edit, no I didn’t hear right)

*Of course when I say won, I mean gifted, and not just the grand final but the two lead up finals to that one as well. (Edit, this part is still accurate :p )

So when was the last time they actually won a final? Longer back than Essendon? LOL (Edit, Essendon still holds the streak, even after adjusting for asterisk wins)

Last edited:
Did I hear that right, Bulldogs haven’t won a final since they won* the 2016 grand final?

*Of course when I say won, I mean gifted, and not just the grand final but the two lead up finals to that one as well.

So when was the last time they actually won a final? Longer back than Essendon? LOL
If you're gonna try to troll, at least get some facts right you absolute peanut.

Just watched the so called "report" on replay.

Typical Dogs cheat which they obviously get coached to do by Luke "che" Beuvera.

Papley was first to the ball. Dunkley collided shoulder first. Then as they obviously practise, Junkley (sic) jumps back like he's been shot and throws his head back like Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing.

Then once he gets the free he immediately jumps to his feet.

Cheat effort from a cheat team who are constantly throwing their head back to win frees and it's blatantly coached in to them as they all do it every week for the last 7 years.

Cannot believe the media have not called this out more.

Last edited:

Typical Dogs cheat which they obviously get coached to do by Luke "che" Beuvera.

Papley was first to the ball. Dunkley collided shoulder first. Then as they obviously practise, Junkley (sic) jumps back like he's been shot and throws his head back like Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing.

Cheat effort from a cheat team who are constantly throwing their head back to win frees and it's blatantly coached in to them as they all do it every week for the last 7 years.

Well Said. They are an absolute disgrace to the game. The game will improve once Beveridge and his team of divers, duckers and throwers exit the game.

Last edited:
Well Said. They are an absolute disgrace to the game. The game will improve once Beveridge and his team of divers, duckers and throwers exit the game.
I can't believe the umpires get sucked in every week. It's a worry whenever you play them that the umpires are going to shaft you. Their throwing of the ball that they perfected for the sad 2016 season is the most blatant in the league and never called.

Beveridge is so easy to dislike, and his team of cheaters. Weightman is the epitome of Dogs mindset and culture, and they've got plenty of other cheaters.

Even if this were true, why do you care? There’s no correlation between scores and free kicks.

Did I hear that right, Bulldogs haven’t won a final since they won* the 2016 grand final? (Edit, no I didn’t hear right)

*Of course when I say won, I mean gifted, and not just the grand final but the two lead up finals to that one as well. (Edit, this part is still accurate :p )

So when was the last time they actually won a final? Longer back than Essendon? LOL (Edit, Essendon still holds the streak, even after adjusting for asterisk wins)
Geez you’ve had a mare here.

You’d be disappointed last night. Winning the game but not the free kick count. It’s about all you and your “gotta beat the traffic despite winning the game” supporters are good at.

The vast majority of Victorian players that represent Vic Country and Vic Metro come from one of the schools in the (APS) Associated Public Schools of Victoria or (AGSV) Associated Grammar Schools of Victoria.

APS Schools: Brighton Grammar, Carey Baptist Grammar, Caulfield Grammar, Geelong College, Geelong Grammar, Haileybury, Melbourne Grammar, St Kevin's College, Scotch College, Wesley College and Xavier College.

AGSV Schools: Assumption College, Camberwell Grammar, Ivanhoe Grammar, Marcellin College, Mentone Grammar, Peninsular Grammar, Penleigh and Essendon Grammar, Trinity Grammar and Yarra Valley Grammar

Even the "public" schools are for all intents private schools, easy to get a scholarship if you are good at footy.
That's insane. Better make sure my boy is dual footed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The vast majority of Victorian players that represent Vic Country and Vic Metro come from one of the schools in the (APS) Associated Public Schools of Victoria or (AGSV) Associated Grammar Schools of Victoria.

APS Schools: Brighton Grammar, Carey Baptist Grammar, Caulfield Grammar, Geelong College, Geelong Grammar, Haileybury, Melbourne Grammar, St Kevin's College, Scotch College, Wesley College and Xavier College.

AGSV Schools: Assumption College, Camberwell Grammar, Ivanhoe Grammar, Marcellin College, Mentone Grammar, Peninsular Grammar, Penleigh and Essendon Grammar, Trinity Grammar and Yarra Valley Grammar

Even the "public" schools are for all intents private schools, easy to get a scholarship if you are good at footy.
I’d imagine plenty of soft players came out of the schools listed above.

There’s also the Catholic Schools competition which includes St Bernard’s (which in days gone past basically made up the Essendon Football Club), De La Salle, St Bedes, Parade College.
Maybe school fees a ring lower, but some real tough bastards have come out of those schools (does Mathew Lloyd count as tough?)

Why have all the Sydney supporters left before the end of the game?
I usually stay but because our public transport system is sh*thouse people tend to get going before the congestion builds up. I've been to three Swans games this year and every time there has been scheduled 'maintenance' on my train line which adds another 30-40 minutes to the commute.

I’d imagine plenty of soft players came out of the schools listed above.

Not so much anymore, perhaps the odd one like Watts. They have very good programs now.

There’s also the Catholic Schools competition which includes St Bernard’s (which in days gone past basically made up the Essendon Football Club), De La Salle, St Bedes, Parade College.
Maybe school fees a ring lower, but some real tough bastards have come out of those schools (does Mathew Lloyd count as tough?)

Yeah, still other pathways into the AFL but they are not as prolific, harder to get noticed by club talent scouts. Velvet Sledgehammer was tough in his own way.

Speaking of Lloyd, he coaches Haileybury, one of the APS schools.

That's insane. Better make sure my boy is dual footed.

Hehe, would help, a lot of parents register their kids when they are born. Some try to move into the residential zone of the school, easier to get into the public schools that way, some very expensive neighbourhoods.

It is common for the country boys to get a scholarship with one of the schools that boards for the last year or two of highschool, it is amusing to see which schools all the country boys went to, like Ziebell went to Caulfield Grammar from memory, a long way from his home.

Dogs should be playing better than this- what’s going on down there?

Apart from the obvious "dogs KPD's suck" argument.

• Awful team selection (mixture of structure and playing favourites),
  • a horrendous change in our zone defence (which we retreat every time and put no pressure on the ball carrier)
  • Lack of regular firepower to assist Naughton
  • Midfield well down on form (Bontempelli the main one)
  • 2nd ruck problems (If English is having a bad night we don't have a viable alternative)
A lot of casual bulldog viewers just think "the dogs KPD's are horrendous". Now they certainly aren't good but a mixture of not having our best 22 ever on the park and Crazy bevo's insane change of strategy are really the main factors.

Apart from the obvious "dogs KPD's suck" argument.

• Awful team selection (mixture of structure and playing favourites),
  • a horrendous change in our zone defence (which we retreat every time and put no pressure on the ball carrier)
  • Lack of regular firepower to assist Naughton
  • Midfield well down on form (Bontempelli the main one)
  • 2nd ruck problems (If English is having a bad night we don't have a viable alternative)
A lot of casual bulldog viewers just think "the dogs KPD's are horrendous". Now they certainly aren't good but a mixture of not having our best 22 ever on the park and Crazy bevo's insane change of strategy are really the main factors.
Yes- thanks for that. Is bont carrying something? Bevo does seem to have his favourites. He needs to lift his game.

Geez you’ve had a mare here.

You’d be disappointed last night. Winning the game but not the free kick count. It’s about all you and your “gotta beat the traffic despite winning the game” supporters are good at.
I would like to argue with you as I really do not like the Beveridge version of the Bulldogs, but as you rightly noted i had an absolute mare here, plus I am also not a fan of people leaving early to beat the traffic, so I will take the L and move on.

Back