Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 18 - Crows v Pies Sat July 16th 1:45pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

• Crows by 7 - 20

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its spineless from fans to boo a 19 year old before he has even drawn a free kick or done anything. Last week some old hag in the North cheersquad that I was near kept yelling out disgusting stuff to him when he was in the goal square from the first bounce. Get a grip on life you 60 year old child I felt like telling her. Got her comeuppance in the end thankfully

Don't use his age as some sort of shield. He has brought it on himself, he deserves every bit of treatment he gets.
The most cocky, arrogant, entitled little flog that has been seen in the AFL for years.
The moment he grows some humility, and stops dropping his shoulder every time he goes near the ball, he may start to gain some kind of respect.
But it's not up to others to just give it to him.

Don't use his age as some sort of shield. He has brought it on himself, he deserves every bit of treatment he gets.
The most cocky, arrogant, entitled little flog that has been seen in the AFL for years.
The moment he grows some humility, and stops dropping his shoulder every time he goes near the ball, he may start to gain some kind of respect.
But it's not up to others to just give it to him.
McHenry dropped his shoulder just as much today, hope the flog cops the same abuse i guess !

When the Cats beat us tonight I am sure you will be active canning us! 🤣

One can only wish we had North and the Crows in the last 2 weeks. But anyway it is what it is.
You’ve already played North & Adelaide and haven’t even played Geelong, Melbourne or Brisbane once yet.

Collingwood this year the luckiest team this century. How many wins under a goal now and 0 losses under a goal.
Stupid, ill thought out post. If you consistently get over the line in tough close contests, it’s not luck, it’s guts, determination, and the ability to know what to do to win a game.

Thought the umpiring was inconsistent/lousy for both teams, but I can understand why Pies fans would be a bit filthy with some of the calls that went against them

End of the day, it was another workman like performance from the Pies aside from a champion in the making starring role from Macedonian Marvel Junior and Collingwood will play finals this year.

Makes me grind my teeth saying this but they do deserve a lot of praise from neutral rival fans like myself.

Sensed early on Fly McCrae would be a winner of a coach for The Pies.
Given today's conditions and with over 230 tackles, I thought the umpires did a fairly good job.

Only 1 real howler IMO that stood out, which was the free against Ginnivan for holding the ball when his hands were obviously free and Walker holding it.

But overall, not paying everything resulted in a good game with fairly high scoring considering the wet.

Another very good performance from Darcy Cameron I thought. Great pick up by the Pies, has really surprised me.

That game was just a very good representation of the majority of our home games this season.

Fremantle- lead by 19pts midway through the 4Q

Port- won after the siren

Brisbane - lead by 3pts at half time

St kilda- had the lead midway through the 4Q Also had 4 more scoring shots

Melbourne- trail by 5pts about halfway through the 4th.

Collingwood- lost by 5 after leading at 3QT

Stupid, ill thought out post. If you consistently get over the line in tough close contests, it’s not luck, it’s guts, determination, and the ability to know what to do to win a game.
No it's not because bounce of ball, umpiring decision etc can be the difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hadn't really noticed that Ginnivan guy before today. Looks like his game revolves around being awarded frees. Good luck with that in finals lol.

Last edited:
Ash Johnson's debut game was good today. Looked dangerous and polished.
Carmichael playing his second game and looks like a bull. Needs to work on his fitness, but both look good mid-season draft picks.

McHenry dropped his shoulder just as much today, hope the flog cops the same abuse i guess !

You missed the part about Ginnivan being an arrogant, entitled flog. Something McHenry will never be accused of. He's also about 5 feet high and has no track record of dropping his shoulder. But nice try at deflection.

Hopefully Cats blitz his mob tonight to really top off his weekend. He’s certainly one sour, bitter individual. Didn’t he used to be a Mod? Are they all like that?
I reckon the Cats will beat us and I am very measured regarding where we are going this season as it is nothing but a stepping stone for next year.

I am not sour at all and rate you guys highly. How one takes that is up to their own opinion. Winning the close games goes a long way regarding one’s finishing position and currently you guys are excelling at it and kudos for it. Nothing better for the league to have a strong big 4 competing for finals. 👍👌

Bombers take note please!

Good to see a bit of Collingwood vs Carlton rivalry is back. Leagues missed it recently (mostly our fault). Round 23 going to be a big one.
Exactly going to be an epic game. 👍

That game was just a very good representation of the majority of our home games this season.

Fremantle- lead by 19pts midway through the 4Q

Port- won after the siren

Brisbane - lead by 3pts at half time

St kilda- had the lead midway through the 4Q Also had 4 more scoring shots

Melbourne- trail by 5pts about halfway through the 4th.

Collingwood- lost by 5 after leading at 3QT
Tilthorpe is going to be one of the best ‘big’ men in the game. Without doubt.

Back