Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 19 - Dogs v Demons Sat July 23rd 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Someone’s sensitive.

Sensitive to falsehoods, yes.

It’s ok, don’t worry about it. I’m sure the dees are still the best team in the comp, and will go on an unprecedented run of flags.

Bulldogs are just a chaos agent. Nothing to worry about that you had 100+ kicked on you, and that a kid with a handful of games did the damage. You’ll be fine. 👍

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Sensitive to falsehoods, yes.

It’s ok, don’t worry about it. I’m sure the dees are still the best team in the comp, and will go on an unprecedented run of flags.

Bulldogs are just a chaos agent. Nothing to worry about that you had 100+ kicked on you, and that a kid with a handful of games did the damage. You’ll be fine. 👍
Your insecurity is showing.

And I’m not worried, if Melbourne are good enough they are good enough, if not, they aren’t.

Nothing you or I think makes one bit of difference.

PS Bont is treated like a teacher’s pet.

I just don't get this ridiculous line of thinking. Each umpire has to go through video reviews each week and gets marked by a team of observers who call them out for every free they pay or don't pay. Make enough bad calls and you get others taking your spot on the ground, missing our on finals, etc. Mistakes certainly happen but not to the extent the average fan makes out.
If you're not careful you'll get banned for such calm, rational thinking, bud.

Just watch your step in future, please. We'll have none of that in these here parts.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
did he. what did he do? A few uncontested marks after some horrific calls up the field like the non holding the balls of Bont and Garcia? Also, how about the number of marks that were paid when they didn't control it at all. It's so hard to beat the dogs when the umps are so biased. It's a tough watch too.
I think most think its a tough watch seeing your posts

Looks like it could be another dodgy medical sub, no one could tell what Treloar went off for.
If you SERIOUSLY believe we'd voluntarily substitute Adam Treloar for Robbie ******* McComb in a tight game, congratulations, you've successfully identified yourself as the thickest silly fellow on the planet.

Well done.

EDIT: That's a horrendous language filter, BF. Silly fellow is just so vanilla, like the Aints list.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lachie Jones, Liam Henry, Tarryn Thomas, Isaac Quaynor - Crickets.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Corruption / dogs cheated.

Makes sense.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think most think its a tough watch seeing your posts
Any comments on those 2 incidents?

This happened in round 19 last year. The dogs got kissed with umpiring and beat us. And I told everyone on Bigfoot that with neutral umpires in finals we'd be a 6-8 goal better team. And yeah, I was right. This is the same. The umpiring was very hard to overcome tonight. I don't give too much credit to the dogs other than they kicked straight when they needed to. that was about it.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
why did they change the rules after the dogs got the gift then?

The rule change came in early November 2020. A month before the draft. Do you really think they’d change the rules and let it affect any club a month before the draft? Use ya noggin Dan. He’d been training with us for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

And I’m not worried, if Melbourne are good enough they are good enough, if not, they aren’t.

No insecurity here, don’t think we’re good enough to make a dent in September and we’ve discussed that on our board quite a bit. Dees are better than the dogs right now, and the ladder supports that.

Just interesting that the dees have now lost to a few of their competitors for the flag, plus now the bulldogs have piled 110 points on them. Tricky next month ahead for all concerned.

Btw, Oliver and Petracca play like they’re auditioning for the Storm and never get called for it. The high profile dogs players get away with it too, but if you deny that your team has any similar players then fair enough.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Are you still upset about Bevo not going to the saints?

Let it go. This is some weird 6 year obsession that you have

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

The umpires have had some weird 6 year obsession with helping the Bulldogs, everyone else seems to be able to see it apart from Bulldogs supporters.

If you SERIOUSLY believe we'd voluntarily substitute Adam Treloar for Robbie ******* McComb in a tight game, congratulations, you've successfully identified yourself as the thickest silly fellow on the planet.

Well done.

EDIT: That's a horrendous language filter, BF. Silly fellow is just so vanilla, like the Aints list.

A fresh McComb may still have been more value than a tired Treloar, apparently Treloar just had calf tightness which doesn't sound like a genuine injury and no doubt Treloar will be right to play next week.

The medi sub should only be used for genuine injuries and the subbed out player shouldn't be able to play the next week like concussed players.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The umpires have had some weird 6 year obsession with helping the Bulldogs, everyone else seems to be able to see it apart from Bulldogs supporters.

A fresh McComb may still have been more value than a tired Treloar, apparently Treloar just had calf tightness which doesn't sound like a genuine injury and no doubt Treloar will be right to play next week.

The medi sub should only be used for genuine injuries and the subbed out player shouldn't be able to play the next week like concussed players.

Did you make the same post on bigfooty about Ben Miller Friday night? I hope you’re consistent.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

If you think McComb, fresh or otherwise, provides much value then you’re not a regular bulldogs watcher.

But I agree with your point re. subs. I’d be fine with a rule that anyone subbed off can’t play the next week, and just have a medical exemption of some kind for PF/GF or something similar.

On umpiring, your shtick is fine but it’s just well off target here. Umpiring was shaky but the dees mids played like the Penrith Panthers and never got called. That’s fine, the dogs got some beneficial calls too, but it wasn’t the difference and deep down you know that too.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Did you make the same post on bigfooty about Ben Miller Friday night? I hope you’re consistent.

Yeah I thought that medi sub was dodgy too and there have been quite a few other cases where the player subbed off has had a questionable injury.

This rule was always open to being abused with some coaches using it to bring on a fresh player late in the game to try and gain an unfair advantage.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I thought that medi sub was dodgy too and there have been quite a few other cases where the player subbed off has had a questionable injury.

This rule was always open to being abused with some coaches using it to bring on a fresh player late in the game to try and gain an unfair advantage.

It should be an automatic week off. Can’t be subbing off for tightness or cramp.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Treloar was subbed out in the 3rd. Very different to bringing on fresh legs with 5 minutes to play.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
It should be an automatic week off. Can’t be subbing off for tightness or cramp.
This is such a clean, obvious solution that would ensure the rule is not exploited, or only exploited if it was a fringe player getting “injured” and subbed off.

For that reason the AFL would never go for it.

They’ll probably end up with some sort of independent medical board to make determinations on whether the player was genuinely injured, or something equally convoluted, expensive and silly.

Petracca gets a good run at times as well. I agree Bont got away with a couple tonight, and I've seen it go a similar way with Petracca other weeks.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Every chance Treloar does not play next week.

If you want to pick out examples of teams pulling players for the medical substitute when not injured, should look at Port (eg Georgiades) and Richmond on Friday night to get Rioli onto the ground

Back