Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 19 - Dogs v Demons Sat July 23rd 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A fresh McComb may still have been more value than a tired Treloar
With all due respect to McComb, I'd prefer 99% of players in the AFL tired to a fresh McComb

Which frees have been wrong you sooks?

Kozzi Pickett chased a player down... htb every day of the week. no call.

Bont gets tackled forever... arm pinned... drops the ball out of other hand....htb every day of week, dropping the ball, incorrect disposal . no call.

Yet they gladly call holding the ball anytime a Melbourne player was tackled.... strange.

Bont gets tackled forever... arm pinned... drops the ball out of other hand....htb every day of week, dropping the ball, incorrect disposal . no call.

Yet they gladly call holding the ball anytime a Melbourne player was tackled.... strange.

Inconsistent all night to be fair

Dogs players have no backs .. so yeah, there is that

Petracca gets a good run at times as well. I agree Bont got away with a couple tonight, and I've seen it go a similar way with Petracca other weeks.
I’ve seen Petracca get away with what should be holding the ball plenty as well (not last night, he was pretty quiet). Dustin Martin had a few years there where it was like the umpires were scared to call him for holding the ball.

Me personally, I like to use "Western Dog" because Bulldogs are tough animals and Western don't play tough, so the name is not appropriate. Current Western Dog team are soft and weak and roll over and die really easily, we've seen it many times recently.

I suppose I could call them "Western Poodle", but I got a poodle and I don't want to besmirch her by associating her with a really crap football team. So Western Dog it is.
Your team got rolled by weak dogs last night, what does that say about Tankers TM

I’ve seen Petracca get away with what should be holding the ball plenty as well (not last night, he was pretty quiet). Dustin Martin had a few years there where it was like the umpires were scared to call him for holding the ball.
Bont gets HTB often - there’s probably a stat to back that up - but not consistently. Just like the umpiring in every game. I feel for the umps (sometimes), they have a hell of a job in this chaotic game of ours, with the AFL constantly in their ear decreeing new rules or tweaking old ones, every week with a different emphasis. Sure, there will be mistakes made, but remarkably few, considering. Consistency is almost impossible.

why would I? he's a gift that the dogs should have no rights to. So not only should the dogs not have him but we should have Mac Andrew. Another example of the continued corruption by the afl to give the dogs a massive leg up.
Sorry grapes. You got plenty of help from the AFL when you were in turmoil we just played the rules, the dees even tanked to get picks. You got your flag now your players and supporters have got inflated heads which is going to cost you a second flag.

Great to see JUH in a breakout game......not quite there yet but in the past month or so he's definitely started to develop some consistency and getting involved a lot more in games. Not just the goals, he seems to be working out how to impact games more without getting 'stuck' down at full-forward.

Good signs. Him and Naughton will be a powerful KPF combo if they stay fit.

They haven’t been paying highs all weekend. Didn’t pay a bunch to us. Why bitch about 1? Coz u wanna bitch? Thought so. Gawn in the ruck? When he was tackled and didn’t get rid of it? Yeah they paid a few holding the balls each way tonight.
Idiots be idiots.
Visit specsavers sunshine.
No they didn't the dogs got about 10 HTB with some of them very harsh. Can't recall the Drees getting more than 1-2. Your looking at the game from a biased perspective and I get that. Seems the years of free rides you have received from umpires has clouded your judgement.

The umpires have had some weird 6 year obsession with helping the Bulldogs, everyone else seems to be able to see it apart from Bulldogs supporters.

A fresh McComb may still have been more value than a tired Treloar, apparently Treloar just had calf tightness which doesn't sound like a genuine injury and no doubt Treloar will be right to play next week.

The medi sub should only be used for genuine injuries and the subbed out player shouldn't be able to play the next week like concussed players.
Treloar injured his calf early, and kept playing because we needed him until it became too much. He was one of our best, and is going for scans, will probably miss next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs fans are just used to being looked after very game so any free kick to the opposition shouldn’t of been there. Should be 25 free kicks to 0 every game according to their supporters, it’s not that far off that.

3 important KPP injuries are hard to replace and last night proved that, dogs pretty much have a full list to pick from. Hope they dogs sang free from desire, reclaim your song kings 🤣🤣🤣

Pretty hard to argue that the Dogs copped a raw deal from the umpires when the free kick count was 22-13 in their favour, the Dees got a few lucky calls their way but not as many as the Dogs got.

Having said that the Dees still should have won that game with all the chances they had, they should have buried the Dogs but let them off the hook.
How do you still not understand free kick counts?

Sorry grapes. You got plenty of help from the AFL when you were in turmoil we just played the rules, the dees even tanked to get picks. You got your flag now your players and supporters have got inflated heads which is going to cost you a second flag.
i agree in that the dees fans got way ahead of themselves but i certainly didn't. I'm a pessismistic supporter that never expects much.

but it seems a little odd for dogs fans to carry on so much about a player who was unfairly gifted to them and was the number 1 pick. Like surely it feels better when a guy performs that you actually chose at the draft like a bont or bailey smith etc.?

he's played 1 decent game in his career against a depleted defence. Lets see if he ever backs it up for the remainder of this year.

Interesting stat
I wonder to what degree Lever being a late out threw them
Geelong were far more impressive a couple of weeks ago and should have been the team passed 100 points for the first time against Melbourne in over 1000 days.

I don’t think Lever would’ve prevented the Bulldogs breaking 100. Petty played very well and Tomlinson was solid defensively although not great with disposal. May was both great and terrible at different times.

no need to get personal. everything I've said is true. Dogs cheering on a guy that shouldn't be on their list. Dogs fans can get annoyed but that's only because they know its true. They know that Lever was out who is important to our structure.
I know you had one of the most blessed runs with injury in history last season, but as a reminder, injury is part of the game. Every team has players out who are important to their structure.
We had our leading goal scorer from last year out for more than half the season. Does that mean all our losses from earlier in the year don't count?
We've still got Duryea and Daniel out, two very important players in our defence. Since we had 2 defenders out and Melbourne only had 1, does that mean we were at double the disadvantage as the Demons? A very impressive win for us if so.

We've still got Duryea and Daniel out, two very important players in our defence. Since we had 2 defenders out and Melbourne only had 1, does that mean we were at double the disadvantage as the Demons? A very impressive win for us if so.
It’s a lot easier to replace small defenders than it is KPD’s, anyone can come in and play the role them two do to the same level, it’s one of the easiest positions for an AFL side to fill. But yeah massive win for the dogs with their two absolute superstars out 🤣🤣🤣

A dumb question for the night, how are the Dogs looking for the rest of the year? Their from has been up and down, but maybe they've got it together now?

Geelong at the Cattery
Freo and Giants @ Marvel
Hawks at TAS

This is such a clean, obvious solution that would ensure the rule is not exploited, or only exploited if it was a fringe player getting “injured” and subbed off.

For that reason the AFL would never go for it.

They’ll probably end up with some sort of independent medical board to make determinations on whether the player was genuinely injured, or something equally convoluted, expensive and silly.

I don't disagree about being ineligible the next week for a dodgy sub, but I think the AFL would face a strong push back from the AFLPA.

Back