Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 19 - Tigers v Freo Fri July 22nd 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We had that. And it sucked arse

What sucked about it?
I know the media ranted and raved about it because they felt they were being misused but they were being misused equally by each team.

For all the cons it means when a player is KOd in the first half we still get to watch a more even contest because at least one team is not prematurely down to 3 on the bench.

Last edited:
He is a long kick. Would have scored at least. Poor kid probably thought he had a few seconds anyway. Unlucky.

Possibly I just find it hard to blame a bloke kicking from outside 50

BT Said he had a big left leg. He probably would’ve had the distance and he doesn’t need to worry about accuracy here.

BT says lots of things he loves the sound of his voice

I agree he does look the goods for sure, as does balta but still doesn’t excuse dumb footy repeated over and over again. I mean he passed it to aarts who did the same thing last week. Surely you’d learn from that?
We had a similar situation where Curnow took a mark near the QT siren and I think it was Fisher who ran over and literally grabbed him to stop him playing on. Clearly, Cumberland was not conscious of the time and Jack was - instead of screaming, why not run to him and block him to stop him playing on?

I just hate the backlash on him, it was the heat of the moment. Do we even know if he can kick 60m in a straight line over his opponents head with tired legs at the end of a game? Maybe he had to wheel around to even have an opportunity to score. Maybe, just maybe there was someone far more established in the side screaming for the ball in space inside 50 and he was trying to secure a far more high % shot?

Brain fade, yes - but the comments suggesting he’s no good or an idiot are dumb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a similar situation where Curnow took a mark near the QT siren and I think it was Fisher who ran over and literally grabbed him to stop him playing on. Clearly, Cumberland was not conscious of the time and Jack was - instead of screaming, why not run to him and block him to stop him playing on?

I just hate the backlash on him, it was the heat of the moment. Do we even know if he can kick 60m in a straight line over his opponents head with tired legs at the end of a game? Maybe he had to wheel around to even have an opportunity to score. Maybe, just maybe there was someone far more established in the side screaming for the ball in space inside 50 and he was trying to secure a far more high % shot?

Brain fade, yes - but the comments suggesting he’s no good or an idiot are dumb
Don’t think anyone has said he’s no good, kid looks extremely exciting and reckon we’ve found a player there for sure. Doesn’t hide the fact it was either a lack of awareness of the state of the game or just a lack of understanding in what to do in those situations. Had he needed a goal from there I would have had less of an issue as would have been very tough, but a point? Just go back and take your kick son, if he missed the lot no one would have bagged him as at least he gave himself and his team a shot.

I can’t believe no one has mentioned it or maybe I’ve missed it, but when Balta was having the set shot, the umpire never blew the whistle for 15 gone, he was too busy clearing players out the side and just blew it to say hurry up then play on straight away. That’s why he took so long the usuals audible cues were not present

Watch it again. Umpire does give him the hurry up with about 5 seconds to go (always thought it was at 25 seconds and not 15 they did that).

Plus there is a big damn clock countdown on the scoreboard which every player can see themselves, and they use to milk the situation.

Balta had no one to blame but himself.

I don't know why.

But if you watch closely enough there's occasionally changes to the time after ad breaks when 7 adjust.

At the ground, with 5 minutes left in the quarter the boundary advertising boards are lit up with the “Kennedy timepiece” counting the clock down.

I always notice that is a few seconds out of whack with the TV clock.

Watch it again. Umpire does give him the hurry up with about 5 seconds to go (always thought it was at 25 seconds and not 15 they did that).

Plus there is a big damn clock countdown on the scoreboard which every player can see themselves, and they use to milk the situation.

Balta had no one to blame but himself.

At the ground, with 5 minutes left in the quarter the boundary advertising boards are lit up with the “Kennedy timepiece” counting the clock down.

I always notice that is a few seconds out of whack with the TV clock.
That time should be either shown to all at all times, or, no countdown clock anywhere, not coaches box not benches and not on tv.
Either everyone has the official time.
Or. Noone does.

Great smother by Frederick

As funny as Richmond’s choke is, it’s a shame Frederick’s smother has been a bit lost in the washup. Incredible football instincts and execution.

Back