Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 19 - Tigers v Freo Fri July 22nd 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t hold it against him. Be more disappointed with the big loaf Balta

Yep, including his forced play-on set shot stuff up, Noah Ballta kicked 2.5 and think another OB for the night - in summary he had a night to forget!

This actually typified the overall deplorable spectacle, which contained a constant amount of basic skill errors; fumbles, uncontested dropped marks, shanked or hack kicks and embarrassing set-shot misses by both teams - moreover if 'turnovers' was an actual statistic, last night's match would be the World record..!
If it was pouring with rain/wet ground etc. you could understand some of this, but with the roof closed in perfect conditions I found the schoolboy level skill errors bemusing and often hard to watch....

Last edited:

spot on. it's a whole new level of game sense and IQ in the nba.

The 14 combined team time outs - not including the quarter and half time breaks - don't hurt. They can literally sit down with the coach before a player takes a crucial pair of free throws and talk through the scenarios: what we do if they make one, make both, miss both.

Football is pretty unique in how many players are on the field, how continuous it is and how much the teams change throughout the game. I can't think of anything else like it. I love basketball but it's not really a fair comparison.

The 14 combined team time outs - not including the quarter and half time breaks - don't hurt. They can literally sit down with the coach before a player takes a crucial pair of free throws and talk through the scenarios: what we do if they make one, make both, miss both.

Football is pretty unique in how many players are on the field, how continuous it is and how much the teams change throughout the game. I can't think of anything else like it. I love basketball but it's not really a fair comparison.
I appreciate the reply. Yeah, it's a different game. But I don't think players really need those timeouts.

I mean how many years has it been and players still are dumb as bricks with the rushed behind rule. They have no idea that if you're under pressure you're allowed to rush it. you can get the ball and boot it 60m through your own goals if you're under pressure but no players continue to be dumb and freak out and try to keep the ball in play.

One thing the AFL isn't known for and that is clutch players!

The fact that Daicos is putting everyone to shame, is a huge embarrassment for the AFL.

I appreciate the reply. Yeah, it's a different game. But I don't think players really need those timeouts.

I mean how many years has it been and players still are dumb as bricks with the rushed behind rule. They have no idea that if you're under pressure you're allowed to rush it. you can get the ball and boot it 60m through your own goals if you're under pressure but no players continue to be dumb and freak out and try to keep the ball in play.
Uh.

No you can't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did I say 60m out? I said 60m through....jesus. you're the one who bolded my reply
It looks like "boot it a distance of 60m to get it through the goals" but I can see what you meant.

Easy mistake to make on both sides.

Back