Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 20 - Tigers v Lions Sun July 31st 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

See the post below yours

rent free
Have a look at your own board. x10 whatever else has been posted elsewhere combined. It’s full to the brim with irrational lunatics with the occasional rational poster (few and far between). I think if you look at the Geelong board you’ll find that the numbers of whinges about the umpiring is far, far lower than what Richmond spews out.

Have a look at your own board. x10 whatever else has been posted elsewhere combined. It’s full to the brim with irrational lunatics with the occasional rational poster (few and far between). I think if you look at the Geelong board you’ll find that the numbers of whinges about the umpiring is far, far lower than what Richmond spews out.
Just increased to 51.02%

You’re one of the few. The amount of complaining about umpiring from Richmond supporters is incredible.

Last 4-6 weeks have been solid IMO. Sole weeks straight up favourable.

I like the recent rule change etc.

Prior to the bye I think we'd have plenty of raw deals.

Against bris I think they got well looked after in the first half and it swung back our way second half. Swings and roundabouts, the best teams find a way regardless.

What an interesting thread to read for the last 2 hours after a great game at the home of football the MCG

quick analysis of this thread and posters involved
26% Richmond supporters
11% brisbane supporters
51% Geelong supporters
12% the other 15 teams supporters

Congratulation cats fans you all have been very entertaining
WOW!
I knew there was a lot , but that's obsession confirmed.

But the Barometer was playing, anyway you’re players were awfully chirpy early in the game considering apart from Neale they’ve won nothing ( I could be wrong Robinson may have a couple of spoons) and they even managed to win nothing when the season was played in your backyard, they should stfu and zip it until they can show something, Daniher was pointing to the scoreboard in the first quarter , hope he r]pointed to it at the end as well

Are you ten years old? You must have forgotten all the times Jack Riewoldt has carried on like above. Embarrassing post.

I'm pretty sure you can't place the ball on the ground to dispose of it. Unless the rules have changed that has always been incorrect disposal AFAIK (though not always pinged last few years).
He didn't dispose of it at that stage. At the moment he placed the ball on the ground no one was holding him. In an instant, he picked it up and kicked a goal. The issue is the tackler had let go of him by that stage. You cannot be ruled as holding the ball or incorrect disposal if your opponent has let go of you.

Great win by the Tigers, Rioli is a beast. Cumberland got away with murder at the end but, what happened to the stand rule? Gardiner playing on involved him taking one step to kick, very lucky but Tigers earned getting the rub of the green.

Great win by the Tigers, Rioli is a beast. Cumberland got away with murder at the end but, what happened to the stand rule? Gardiner playing on involved him taking one step to kick, very lucky but Tigers earned getting the rub of the green.
They got 6 goals directly from free kicks but, but, Richmond got the rub of the green ?

You drop a 42 point lead, you're just s**t. Umpiring shouldn't be in your little narrative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many salty *ers hate Richmond it's hilarious hahahaha

There's a lion supporter complaining about rioli's run!

Complain about a 7 goal lead being extinguished because your Muppets got ahead of themselves Robbo giving s**t to the cheersquad every bloody goal.

Great goal I agree, where was his opponent at the time, reving his motorcycle?

IF you look at the replay again. You'll see him dive forward for a trip free kick, only to realise he was diving over a Lions players hand. So left himself completely out of the contest.

Could genuinely be the best player in the comp if he wasn't so focused on getting a free kick. Just play the ball and the whistle and keep your hands down.

He didn't dispose of it at that stage. At the moment he placed the ball on the ground no one was holding him. In an instant, he picked it up and kicked a goal. The issue is the tackler had let go of him by that stage. You cannot be ruled as holding the ball or incorrect disposal if your opponent has let go of you.
That’s simple not true.

You can be pinged for a throw whether you’re being tackled or not - it’s incorrect disposal. Placing the ball on the ground, like throwing it, is incorrect disposal. Whether being tackled or not makes no difference

Bolded the important bit of your argument. We have an umpires thread on our own board which is for Richmond posters. Why are you obsessing over it?

Umpire has to call “stand”, then the player can’t move his feet. Lions player played on before any of that happened, and in any case Cumberland barely moved his feet. Was not a relevant rule at that moment. Lions player want to move on as quickly as possible, so chose not to go back and take his 6 seconds, instead attempted handball which was partly smothered.

That’s simple not true.

You can be pinged for a throw whether you’re being tackled or not - it’s incorrect disposal. Placing the ball on the ground, like throwing it, is incorrect disposal. Whether being tackled or not makes no difference

That cannot be right. You can touch the ball on the ground to effect a “bounce.” You can bounce and lose control of the ball or touch it on the ground and lose control of the ball and if not tackled at the time it is play on. You can drop the ball involuntarily any time and if not being tackled it is play on, and if you re-gather the ball that is also fine.

The question around the Cumberland goal was whether him having been brought to ground in possession and having had his arms free so prior opportunity should constitute holding the ball. In this case though the Brisbane player loses his grip on Cumberland while bringing him to the ground. It just seems a borderline one where you could call htb or play on without either seeming too wrong. But the umps seem to be letting players try to fight through tackles this season so this decision is consistent with that policy. Whether it is a good or wise policy in light of the potential to encourage dangerous tackles I am less sure.

Great and quite unique goal though.

Back