Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 20 - Tigers v Lions Sun July 31st 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He is not the one reading opposition boards and sooking about it on the main board. That's you :rainbow:
I read your board sometimes if I feel like a good belly laugh - this is a public forum or didn’t you know?

I’m not the one constantly whining about the umpires. That would be your whinging mob. Whatever. Carry on sooking - blame everyone but yourselves (but you don’t need my encouragement to do that) 🙄

Have a look at your own board. x10 whatever else has been posted elsewhere combined. It’s full to the brim with irrational lunatics with the occasional rational poster (few and far between). I think if you look at the Geelong board you’ll find that the numbers of whinges about the umpiring is far, far lower than what Richmond spews out.

Why do you feel the need to read the Richmond board?

Why do you feel the need to read the Richmond board?
It’s a public forum, isn’t it? Do you imagine that no opposition supporters ever look at your board? I need a good laugh… Are you saying that Richmond supporters never look at opposition boards? I mean, wtf are you on about? Get real 🙄

It’s a public forum, isn’t it? Do you imagine that no opposition supporters ever look at your board? I need a good laugh… Are you saying that Richmond supporters never look at opposition boards? I mean, wtf are you on about? Get real 🙄
You go to our forum for a good laugh, fair. For my good laugh I pull up the wiki page for Jason Castagna and Patrick Dangerflop and laugh at how Castagna (a VFL level player) has infinitely more premiership medals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You go to our forum for a good laugh, fair. For my good laugh I pull up the wiki page for Jason Castagna and Patrick Dangerflop and laugh at how Castagna (a VFL level player) has infinitely more premiership medals
Yep. That really is a joke worth laughing at given how Richmond supporters have been ripping into Castagna lately 😁

That's what makes it funnier. The fact that he is a spud and we know he is a spud but has infinitely more premiership success
I could name any number of very good Richmondy players who never had premiership success, e.g. Matthew Richardson, but so what? Whatever gets you through the night - enjoy your next 37 years in the wilderness 🙄

Last edited:
It's not rubbish. Have you been sitting under a rock for the last few years? This is how the umpires adjudicate HTB these days. It's not the 70's, 80's or 90's anymore where you were grabbed and if you didn't dispose of it in a split second, you were gone.
Kevin Bartlett. He’d throw the ball in front of him as soon as a tackle was laid and got paid countless frees for it.

Kevin Bartlett. He’d throw the ball in front of him as soon as a tackle was laid and got paid countless frees for it.
And they changed the rule because of him. They should have changed the rule for Selwood but they waited for Ginnivan to copy him before they were forced to....

And they changed the rule because of him. They should have changed the rule for Selwood but they waited for Ginnivan to copy him before they were forced to....
How can anyone criticise Selwood given all the knocks he has copped and blood he has shed is beyond me. He obviously puts his head over the ball more than just about any other player in the history of the game. If the AFL is serious about protecting a player’s head in a contest, then dropping the knees is irrelevant (not that I agree with that accusation anyway).

I think - and it’s only my opinion, of course - if a player gets to the ball first, then it is up to the tackler to lay a tackle in such a way so that the player in possession of the ball doesn’t get any benefit from allegedly ‘dropping’ his knees - if the tackle ends up too high for any reason, too bad. The free must be rewarded.

The head has to be protected regardless of the circumstances otherwise the AFL is going to be sued big-time one day. Also, whoever is first to the ball must be rewarded.

My two cents worth.

How can anyone criticise Selwood given all the knocks he has copped and blood he has shed is beyond me. He obviously puts his head over the ball more than just about any other player in the history of the game. If the AFL is serious about protecting a player’s head in a contest, then dropping the knees is irrelevant (not that I agree with that accusation anyway).

I think - and it’s only my opinion, of course - if a player gets to the ball first, then it is up to the tackler to lay a tackle in such a way so that the player in possession of the ball doesn’t get any benefit from allegedly ‘dropping’ his knees - if the tackle ends up too high for any reason, too bad. The free must be rewarded.

The head has to be protected regardless of the circumstances otherwise the AFL is going to be sued big-time one day. Also, whoever is first to the ball must be rewarded.

My two cents worth.
It's the main knock on him. Yeah we know Geelong bias will make you say that but if you are realistic some of the tackles are so low, that the player making the tackle can't realistically expect it to end up high. Players like Selwood angle themselves and raise their arm forcing head high contact in those situations. Yes, it's a skill that draws a free but it has never been in the spirit of the game.

Back