Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 21 - Cats v Saints Sat Aug 6th 7:25pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

• Saints by 7 - 20

• Cats by a lot

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Saints by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's effectively top spot wrapped up now for the Cats, just needing one win from their last two, including West Coast at GMHBA. It's going to be an interesting run into finals now after so many games against desperate opponents, we now have two games to finish the season against teams who are mathematically out of the finals race. And we have that run home while the teams currently in 2nd-7th will be belting the crap out of each other for the next fortnight.

Stewart still well off his best. I thought Stanley was good in his return and great to see a lot of

Another really strong win tonight by Geelong and a contender for the worst matchday thread of the less heralded Cats leading the way: Parfitt, Bews, Z. Guthrie, Menegola. And although I'm really excited about De Koning's future, if I could only pick one, to me Max Holmes is the young Cat who has the highest ceiling.

Gonna disagree with you there- Oliver Dempsey has the highest ceiling of anyone on the list. There are lots of elite mids, but that Oliver kid could be anything.

Geelong have been gifted one easy beat after another at GMHBA to boost their percentage this year.

Can't wait to see these pricks at the G in the finals. Bookmark this post IDGAF.
I see what’s eating you - Collingwood’s percentage

The Geelong home-ground argument is always a sour one with opposition supporters. FFS they only play 9 games at home, Collingwood play at the MCG 14 times in both Home & Away games in 2022 at the home of the Grand Final! The Geelong advantage is nonsense and will be rectified when the new grandstand is completed. How will fans react to the knowledge that Geelong will get 11 home games in 2023? Even this year they reached the top of the ladder after playing only 6 games at home one of which they lost!!

I'd worry about your own wobbles, a decade of top 4 finishes and what do you have to show for it? The cliff is coming hard...
This isn't Bay 13, pal. Stop trolling.

On a serious note, yes, in the last decade Geelong has dropped a few finals. However, any logical person knows that teams can't keep winning it every year.

As a supporter, all you can hope for is that your club can remain competitive while rebuilding. Last night Geelong laid waste to a mid-teir side, with half a dozen of their best out.

At this point of the year, Geelong look almost certain to be winning the minor premiership. St. Kilda had everything to play for, yet it fell short by some margin.

Geelong only had two players from its last Grand Final win, yet in that time, the club has been building year-in, year-out and never dropping away.

I get it, it's pretty frustrating for other supporters that we just won't go away. Your posts are but one example of someone whose troll posts are dictated by your emotions, not critical thought.

Ergo, anything can happen, and by no means is any team guaranteed the flag. However...

Whilst we're hardly the Bombers of 2000, you're acting like we're the Bulldogs of 2016, where a mere suggestion of flag chances on the eve of the finals would have seen someone laughed out of the building.

Last edited:
Back