Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 21 - Cats v Saints Sat Aug 6th 7:25pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

• Saints by 7 - 20

• Cats by a lot

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Saints by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Even cricket doesn’t suffer the same level of stupidity that football does and no sport in the world is as effected by home ground advantage as cricket.

Team loses when they travel overseas? To a man, every fan says ‘prepare training wickets to help get better.’ ‘Play more practice matches.’ ‘Get a better batting coach.’

Nope. Not in football where the variable is a few white lines.

Geelong fans are hugely deluded thinking that the ground doesn't give them a huge leg up but hey if they want to delude themselves then have at it. I will just sit back and watch the Cats continue to lose finals away from ABCDE stadium. Then claim its unfair they don't get to play where they train.

No you upset the saints more if you ask them about Ross Lyon lol.

Ross Lyon left the saints at the end of 2011 and they are still bitter about it. The saints fans still have animosity towards Ross Lyon lol

Plugger35 hurled abuse at Ross Lyon for many years, especially from 2012-2019.

I have no animosity towards Ross Lyon. Freo fired him in 2019 and we dockers fans have moved on.

You hear that Gavin Excell and The 747 . Freo are released from the shackles of Ross Lyon lol
Yea it's pretty sad. He left Freo in an equally horrid state also. Freo and fans get on with it. St Kilda make excuses and throw tantys about it til the end of time.

Clearly you haven't heard about gridiron where they cut the grass to gain advantages.
Even cricket doesn’t suffer the same level of stupidity that football does and no sport in the world is as effected by home ground advantage as cricket.

Team loses when they travel overseas? To a man, every fan says ‘prepare training wickets to help get better.’ ‘Play more practice matches.’ ‘Get a better batting coach.’

Nope. Not in football where the variable is a few white lines.

Geelong fans are hugely deluded thinking that the ground doesn't give them a huge leg up but hey if they want to delude themselves then have at it. I will just sit back and watch the Cats continue to lose finals away from ABCDE stadium. Then claim its unfair they don't get to play where they train.

Since 2007 we have won the same amount of games at venues outside of Geelong, as St Kilda has won in total.

Now f*** off and let the adults talk.

Nah we're aware we'd go 0-22 away from Kardinia Park

Nah we're aware we'd go 0-22 away from Kardinia Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong play home games in Geelong. And we don't get as many as we should either. Not hard to understand dipsh!t. We will flog Collingwood in any final we play. Bookmark that.
Hey man, I've loved our rivalry over the years. It's been very even back and fourth between us for a long time now. I thought we were the next big thing back in 2010, but Geelong showed in 2011 that they were truly the best team of that era. Respect.

Looking forward to a good old fashioned barn burner between the Pies and the Catters in September mate!

Hey man, I've loved our rivalry over the years. It's been very even back and fourth between us for a long time now. I thought we were the next big thing back in 2010, but Geelong showed in 2011 that they were truly the best team of that era. Respect.

Looking forward to a good old fashioned barn burner between the Pies and the Catters in September mate!
Same. I don't mean to be disrespectful either. Just a bit sick of sooky, salty Saints flogs tonight. I'm hopeful we beat the Pies this year as from next year on I don't see how we get it done.

That's effectively top spot wrapped up now for the Cats, just needing one win from their last two, including West Coast at GMHBA. It's going to be an interesting run into finals now after so many games against desperate opponents, we now have two games to finish the season against teams who are mathematically out of the finals race. And we have that run home while the teams currently in 2nd-7th will be belting the crap out of each other for the next fortnight.

Stewart still well off his best. I thought Stanley was good in his return and great to see a lot of the less heralded Cats leading the way: Parfitt, Bews, Z. Guthrie, Menegola. And although I'm really excited about De Koning's future, if I could only pick one, to me Max Holmes is the young Cat who has the highest ceiling.

Last edited:
All banter aside, that was a piss poor effort from the saints with their season on the line.

I didn’t expect them to win, but I expected them to put up a better show than that.

Anyone who has been watching them play this year could have predicted they were never a chance tonight. They were cooked about a month ago.

Saints fans look on the bright side, you’re closer to your next flag than these geriatrics and don’t have live in bogan town to boot!
I sincerely hope our clubs meet at the Big Dance. It'll be so enjoyable to watch Geelong once again add to the legend that is the Colliwobbles.

Back