Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 21 - North v Swans Sun Aug 7th 1:10pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

• Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He legitimately looks like a 3rd pick. I get his 18 or 19, but I've seen better kids his age perform at this level, Diacos is so far ahead of him it isn't worth talking about.

Daicos would look like a donkey in our side atm so it is not a fair comparison.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Daicos would look like a donkey in our side atm so it is not a fair comparison.
I don't think that's true and if it were all he has to do is show a better attitude than Jason is and that'll make him a better player.

He has the worst attitude I've seen this season, there was a passage where he stopped and play went on and walked after the contest, won the ball, try to take them on, got done holding the ball. His facial expression was basically non existent, didn't show any care, wasn't disappointed in himself, just had no care.

He seems he's always been told he is good by everyone involved with him, he seems like he was spoilt as a child, he won't get far with his current attitude.

What he's showing now is very mediocre, if any club offer two first round picks, North should immediately shake hands, if he doesn't want to be there and is happy with 10 disposals, zero effort and a poor attitude, then let him go.

Jul 16, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think you’re right.
It’s disappointing for those kids they are at a club with no real leadership.
Powell is another example of a young player who should be a lot better than what he’s showing.
Goldstein is the only senior player who you could look up to (also Cunnington). The rest are just so uninspiring.
Wouldn’t blame any of them wanting out.
They desperately need Clarko to go there.
But Clarko won’t unfortunately. We all need a spooner team to hang it on otherwise
Another 50+ point loss to Kangaroos incoming.

Eshay187

Premium Platinum
Apr 26, 2012
Grill
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty pathetic effort from the swans. Lairising early trying fancy no-look late handballs, undisciplined late. Could cost a home final.

Larkey…one of those forwards who gets free kicks now because he’s not used to taking body contact and flops around. Will turn into a Ben Brown useless plodder unless he changes his attitude.

I am absolutely ropable. Pedestrians, watch your step

I don't think that's true and if it were all he has to do is show a better attitude than Jason is and that'll make him a better player.

Yeah, it isn't a good look but I don't know what issues he might be dealing with. Thomas was playing great footy last year, he looks to have similar issues so it isn't just JHF.

He has the worst attitude I've seen this season, there was a passage where he stopped and play went on and walked after the contest, won the ball, try to take them on, got done holding the ball. His facial expression was basically non existent, didn't show any care, wasn't disappointed in himself, just had no care.

I agree with you, I don't think he should be playing in the senior side because his defensive side of his game isn't up to AFL standard. I think we could have handled it better though, there seems to be a lack of leadership at all levels. Goater is also a first round pick player from last year's draft, he hasn't played. He isn't ready. I don't think JHF is ready either. He should be "managed" and go back into the VFL. I think just leaving a kid out there when he isn't ready and struggling isn't the right way to handle him.

He seems he's always been told he is good by everyone involved with him, he seems like he was spoilt as a child, he won't get far with his current attitude.

Yeah, from the outside looking in it seems he has attitude problems, I think it is mostly frustration in himself that he isn't having the impact he expects to have and it has impacted his confidence and focus on what he should be doing. I am not making excuses for him, he just needs to stick his head down and have a crack, there is a lack of second and third efforts, lack of intensity running back into defensive 50. I think our leadership has been poor, from coaches down.

Even if he has checked out he has to realise he is going to have to work hard wherever he plays his footy, he is no use to anyone if he so easily checks out mentally.

What he's showing now is very mediocre, if any club offer two first round picks, North should immediately shake hands, if he doesn't want to be there and is happy with 10 disposals, zero effort and a poor attitude, then let him go.

I think that call will depend on the new coach. Someone like Martin was hard to manage early on, it took Hardwick to take him under his wing, have him stay at his home and help to focus him on what he needed to do. He has to want to be here and to want to do the hard yards, atm we are a bit rudderless without a coach and were rudderless with Noble as the coach.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
The incoming coach has a bit to work with - a lot of talent, ability to win clearances and apply pressure but lacking maturity and leadership to do it for 4 qtrs. Should try to get a late career Luke Hodge-Sam Mitchell style recruit in the off-season to strengthen on-field leadership (as well as the whole coaching thing).

Stephenson played okay but the effort where he let Buddy play on, he should be dropped for that alone. Stuffing up the occasional kick in has happened to many great players but I don't remember anyone dropping their bundle and just not paying attention like that.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty pathetic effort from the swans. Lairising early trying fancy no-look late handballs, undisciplined late. Could cost a home final.

Larkey…one of those forwards who gets free kicks now because he’s not used to taking body contact and flops around. Will turn into a Ben Brown useless plodder unless he changes his attitude.

I am absolutely ropable. Pedestrians, watch your step

Fact of the matter is we had almost 40 scoring shots so our accuracy has been a bit wayward lately.

Still tho 6 goal win in the end.

Oct 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Fact of the matter is we had almost 40 scoring shots so our accuracy has been a bit wayward lately.

Still tho 6 goal win in the end.

Should have been more, much more, im not so concerned with the accuracy, you'll have those days we had some super accurate games to start the season and then came back to the pack, am more concerned with the easy goals we let in the other way.

Let in way to many easy shots in Q4, switched off once the game was won unfortunately, which is pretty disappointing.

Back