Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Suns v Cats Sat August 13th 4:35pm EST (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Conan Troutman

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Reminder:

Played Collingwood once.
Played Melbourne once (Kardinia).
Played Fremantle once (Kardinia).
Played Brisbane once (Kardinia).
Played Sydney once.
Played North Melbourne twice.
Played West Coast twice.

Reminder:

Played West Coast once.

Unless next week is the third time this year?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Nevertheless its a very good win for Geelong. Emphatic on the scoreboard.

Good to see Stengle having a very good year.

I just posted on the cats board that it worries me a bit if we get to a comfortable but not insurmountable lead in finals against better sides and they try and close the game down for 10-15 minutes, flood back - we need to stop ALWAYS looking for a teammate and just take the shot

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I just posted on the cats board that it worries me a bit if we get to a comfortable but not insurmountable lead in finals against better sides and they try and close the game down for 10-15 minutes, flood back - we need to stop ALWAYS looking for a teammate and just take the shot
It's turned into a total dead rubber but you're right, it's good practice to not fall into bad habits. I like the way they are going with the quick handball off half back after a mark. They keep the game moving fast and can put together dangerous attacking chains.

Did the Suns re-sign Dew too soon? Another very disappointing end to the season.
I'm saying yes. They've been very ordinary since R14 or so. Had they kept him waiting there would've been the hunger to finish the season properly - plus Clarkson was on the market so there wasn't really the risk of pulling a Voss for Leppa style move. And I don't think Clarko's the type to go down the Mick Malthouse path either.

Instead, they've gone 2-6 and were very lucky to win those two games (although I guess three of those losses were very close - but two of them were games they threw away).

Back