Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Sun August 14th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well heck 3 of our best 5, happy? Grundy, De Goey and Adams. 3 of our 4 best players

Would no longer have Pendles in that bracket. But anyway, keep going, we will see how the ladder pans out after Rd 23 šŸ˜‰

So no excuses for either Pies or Blues next week, seeing that both teams are missing 3 or 4 of their best players.

Very classy!

That goes in the memory bank

I have dealt with the Goodes thing in a previous post in this thread
Eddy spent over a decade talking the Swanā€™s down on National TV and helped fan the racism that drove Goodes out of the game. So donā€™t try lecturing me about class.

Eddy spent over a decade talking the Swanā€™s down on National TV and helped fan the racism that drove Goodes out of the game. So donā€™t try lecturing me about class.
I'm not defending that muppet, so relieved he's gone, think we're in agreement there

I just don't recall our fans ever booing an injured player

I'm not defending that muppet, so relieved he's gone, think we're in agreement there

They werenā€™t booing him because he was injured. They were booing him because he cheats. Its not rocket science.

Me either. I do remember Melbourne fans chanting Toovey canā€™t moveee as he was carted off, but this is the first ever time Iā€™ve seen an injured player booed, and worse, with all that has gone on in the past, with the AFL calling out a carlton fan for remarks about the Melbourne indigenous player, as they should, they kept showing him and everytime theydid the crowd booed. The woman with him was Jacqui the team psychologist, thankfully she was there.

Jack gives as good as he gets on the field, you will note he doesnā€™t sook for a free even when his head gets ripped off, like in the bombers game, unlike Buddy who wants a free for breathing, but an injured player is out of bounds, you just donā€™t boo them.

They werenā€™t booing him because he was injured. They were booing him because he cheats. Its not rocket science.
All I saw was a bunch of ferals booing a teenage boy who was subbed out and obviously injured on the eve of finals, very low rent behaviour

Goodes was just as big a cheat too btw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I saw was a bunch of ferals booing a teenage boy who was subbed out and obviously injured on the eve of finals, very low rent behaviour

This 100%, thatā€™s why he was booed, people an and will believe what they want but he was a flog of a player, just like duckwood, his legacy will be the ducking, his brilliance forgotten.

swans deserved the win, defence was brilliant, but their fans are a pack of feral arseholes!

This 100%, thatā€™s why he was booed, people an and will believe what they want but he was a flog of a player, just like duckwood, his legacy will be the ducking, his brilliance forgotten.

swans deserved the win, defence was brilliant, but their fans are a pack of feral arseholes!
Yeah Goodes was dirty and a cheat, that's how the booing started. But once he let it be known that he viewed the booing as racist, it really should have stopped immediately

Still one of my faves though, incredible player

Yeah Goodes was dirty and a cheat, that's how the booing started. But once he let it be known that he viewed the booing as racist, it really should have stopped immediately

Still one of my faves though, incredible player
YesAnd no

hegot away with far too much from the umps, because heā€™s indigenous he gets away with it? everyone one is entitled to the same level of respect and umpiring decisions that includes Ginnie.
and if we go tit for tat, when will it end.
bigdifference for booing Ginnie or goodes for staging, compared to booing any injured player

YesAnd no

hegot away with far too much from the umps, because heā€™s indigenous he gets away with it? everyone one is entitled to the same level of respect and umpiring decisions that includes Ginnie.
and if we go tit for tat, when will it end.
bigdifference for booing Ginnie or goodes for staging, compared to booing any injured player
I think if you're really good you can get away with more stuff, regardless of race, and Goodes was a superstar. Two Brownlows and 3 pretty good grand finals, for starters

The booing ended up becoming racist and was a disgusting episode IMO

Lol. What utter rubbish. Do you genuinely think there is some unwritten rule that an injury overrides a playerā€™s prior frustrating behaviour? The poor injured teenage boy who equally is more than happy to give it back to the crowd with posturing and gesturing. You give it, so expect to get it.

Lol. What utter rubbish. Do you genuinely think there is some unwritten rule that an injury overrides a playerā€™s prior frustrating behaviour? The poor injured teenage boy who equally is more than happy to give it back to the crowd with posturing and gesturing. You give it, so expect to get it.
Pretty much what I'd expect from a Carlton supporter, just like you booed Josh Kennedy this year as he limped off

The AFL, once again, are facilitating this stuff.

Ginnivan did his usual thing, and was rewarded for it. Dropped his knees and leant into McCartin's tackle.

The exact thing that people dislike about his football, and the exact thing that the AFL literally said you were no longer allowed to get away with.

Yet the umpire paid it.

Appalling officiating.

I assumed that's what the booing was about. I doubt anyone at the game would have known he was hurt, and certainly wouldn't have known the extent of it.

The AFL, once again, are facilitating this stuff.

Ginnivan did his usual thing, and was rewarded for it. Dropped his knees and leant into McCartin's tackle.

The exact thing that people dislike about his football, and the exact thing that the AFL literally said you were no longer allowed to get away with.

Yet the umpire paid it.

Appalling officiating.

I assumed that's what the booing was about. I doubt anyone at the game would have known he was hurt, and certainly wouldn't have known the extent of it.
Itā€™s actually dangerous that people post this s**t and actually believe it.

Back