Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Tigers v Hawks Sun August 14th 1:10pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

• Tigers by a lot

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What?

So what? You realise that finishing top four means, if results go as they should, you play 2 teams at least who also finished top four yeah?

No you’re right you were a finals powerhouse at that stage and any comparison is irrelevant.
Powerhouse? We were beyond mediocre some of those seasons. It made 2008 all the more sweeter.

Where we at then?

Development year.
Need to hit the draft hard for the next 2-3 drafts with the aim of (paraphrasing here) at least 6-9 top 30 picks in that time frame.

Already added 3 last year so focus heavily on the pointy end of the draft in 2023 and 2024 and re-assess from there.

Seriously I’d be embarrassed if I were a hawthorn supporter. Knifed a legend for a smug hack who could only get a kick by being a sniper of the ball who has no idea when it comes to coaching
That’s the worse part. They we’re so desperate to get rid of Clarkson for a rookie coach all because he’s an ex player. The Malthouse/ Buckley handover worked so well also… Bloke gives you 4 flags and it’s thanks but see ya later. Was baffling at the time, and still baffling now. In fact I’d be surprised if he even got a thanks.

And? So the ladder lied and you shouldn’t have been playing finals?

If you’re going to throw it learn to take it.
So, I assume you mean the period 1992-2007 inclusive, which of those seasons were Hawthorn fancied to win a flag?

And compare that to Geelong since it’s last flag in 2011. Why not compare H&A records? Geelong are comfortably ahead. What has it amounted to?

I think today says more about hawthorn that it does Richmond.
A team with not much to play for but an absolute gun flag winning ruckman announcing his retirement, you would think the players would play out of threat skin for him.
I guess you'd know with Geelong not able to win the 2020 GF for Gazzes last game.

So, I assume you mean the period 1992-2007 inclusive, which of those seasons were Hawthorn fancied to win a flag?

And compare that to Geelong since it’s last flag in 2011. Why not compare H&A records? Geelong are comfortably ahead. What has it amounted to?

Which of the seasons since 2011 were we fancied to win the flag?
Yeah we’ve been thereabouts but we’ve not had anything near the quality of our 07-11 sides.

So I’ll ask again. Did the hawks go missing more often than not when September rolled around and they weren’t winning premierships?

Gee one would almost thing that sides when they aren’t winning premierships, don’t have a great finals record

I think today says more about hawthorn that it does Richmond.
A team with not much to play for but an absolute gun flag winning ruckman announcing his retirement, you would think the players would play out of threat skin for him.
Does it compare to Geelong curling up its toes in GA Snr’s last game and getting flogged by ten goals when it had everything to play for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team tipped to finish last by most experts this year and rebuilding loses by 10 goals to best side in the last 5 years......... Wow
Best team in the last 5 years? North beat them lol.
They are the best this year are they?
Were they also the best last year?
Ok sorry I didn’t realise they won 5 flags in a row.

Best team in the last 5 years?
They are the best this year are they?
Were they also the best last year?
Ok sorry I didn’t realise they won 5 flags in a row.
Well yeah they've been the best side last 5 years and probably one of 4 in form top 8 sides. Not like we're playing North here. You can go to bed now.

Back