Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 23 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun August 21st 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, ok.

So in an even money game, it is more likely that Carlton beat Collingwood by more than 13 goals than it is for Collingwood to beat Carlton by any margin?

I think I understand now.
You should given you practically invented the playbook

I am very torn on who i want to win in this game

I have decided i will be hoping Carlton win and we may end up with a Richmond/Collingwood game at the MCG

But if they dont then it will be fun calling my Carlton supporting mates

You really think you’re going to win 11 games again under two goals?
Pies just need to win four on the trot by under two goals now, and will be premiers.

But Carlton fans would be able to console themselves that the Pies would be one of the "worst" premiership teams, and that the Carlton list was better and has more early draft picks.

Pies just need to win four on the trot by under two goals now, and will be premiers.

But Carlton fans would be able to console themselves that the Pies would be one of the "worst" premiership teams, and that the Carlton list was better and has more early draft picks.
Yeah but Pies just got to make sure they dont give the game away with less than 2 minutes to go , Would be so cruel if that happened 'AGAIN'

Fadge I’ve got no shame.

View attachment 1480742

I’m just disappointed in both Thrawn and Chism who are clearly quietly shitting themselves so waiting for a Carlton win to unleash… or they’re busy with having a job. Either way, I’m disappointed in them because neither reasons have stopped me 😂
On the flip side, you're expending a lot of nervous energy here. I don't really post a lot these days anyway, but it's fun to ruffle feathers from time to time and you blokes have plenty of those!

I really do like listening to Bucks though, he's a breath of fresh air in the media:

Extremely nervous, and not looking forward to Sunday. Expecting us to lose. It'll suck and hurt, but i guess we weren't going to do any damage in finals anyway..

Just not confident in this team yet, and pies just seem to always beat us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the flip side, you're expending a lot of nervous energy here. I don't really post a lot these days anyway, but it's fun to ruffle feathers from time to time and you blokes have plenty of those!
No more nervous energy left to expend after all those close games. Just free now and enjoying the ride as it goes. Pies fans probably more at peace knowing finals is all locked in for 2022 so a big tick for 2022 regardless.
I really do like listening to Bucks though, he's a breath of fresh air in the media:

That’s great viewing and insight! Thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

Pies fans probably more at peace knowing finals is all locked in for 2022 so a big tick for 2022 regardless.
Speak for yourself, I'm not at peace!! Win this week and we probably finish 4th with a winnable final v Geelong who haven't played a serious game away from home for about 5 months. Realistic chance to play in a GF. Lose this week and we're cooked, tough elim v Richmond and it gets even harder after that. Stakes are even higher for Carlton, it's a massive game, a de facto final.

Let me explain it slowly.
If the Pies win....I get to LOL at the Blues.
If the Blues win...I get to LOL at the Pies.
More commonly known as a win-win.

But wait, there's more.
If the Blues win, there is a good chance it will all happen again in the 1st week of the finals.
So again, I will get to LOL either way.

The fact that my team just smashed the Pies, is just a small bonus. So you can't even come at me with 'but we beated your team".

If you think quoting betting odds that you just made up somehow affronts me, then you are a bonafide idiot.

27 points is a thrashing... cute.

Hawthorn haven't lost in the final round of the season since 2009.

The Bulldogs haven't beaten Hawthorn in Launceston since 2008.

The Bulldogs haven't beaten Hawthorn with a spot in the finals on the line, or heading into finals, since 1997.

Carlton fans relax, the Dogs will blow it. It's in their DNA.

Well no, you’re talking about 150% over the course of a 22-game season, not 1 game.
Is 9 points to 6 a thrashing?

It’s still higher than 150 though isn’t it?

That’s not remotely what you said, but your argument is so incoherent I don’t blame you for losing track.
Apparently Geelong’s percentage in 2011 was better than Collingwood’s because they won the flag 🤣

Right, so you’re ten years old then.
Just leave him be, poor kid got owned by some Collingwood supporters in last week's match day thread and can't get over it

Back