Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 23 - Lions v Demons Fri August 19th 7:50pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

F95D378D-6EEC-4EEB-AF06-E7F4D9D672C6.png
4TH V 3RD

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 23
BRISBANE V MELBOURNE
FRIDAY AUGUST 19TH 7:50PM EST (GABBA)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

LIONS

B: Gardiner, Payne, Rich
HB: Starcevich, Andrews, Coleman
C: Bailey, Zorko, McCluggage
HF: Rayner, Hipwood, McCarthy
F: McStay, Daniher, Cameron
FOLL: McInerney, Neale, J.Berry

I/C: Lyons, Prior, Mathieson, Answerth
EMG: Lohmann, Robinson, Fort, Lester
IN: Nil
OUT: Lester (sub)

DEMONS
B: Petty, Lever, Salem
HB: Rivers, May, Hibberd
C: Melksham, Oliver, Langdon
HF: Sparrow, Brown, Fritsch
F: Neal-Bullen, Jackson, Pickett
FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Petracca

I/C: Harmes, Spargo, Brayshaw, Hunt
EMG: Bedford, Bowey, Jordon, Smith
IN: Nil
OUT: Jordon (omitted)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:

Depends on how badly Brisbane want it, really. Melbourne are still a long way off their best form, but it was only eight games ago that Brisbane's mids displayed the most embarrassing one-way running I've seen in quite some time, in what could've been a 100-point loss if Melbourne had kicked remotely straight.

Brisbane have the home ground advantage, but do they have the ticker when the heat is on? We'll see.

We should win at home with so much on the line. But if Melbourne win this they are the real deal again this year and we are cactus.

Should be a cracker.
Melbourne's mood after the game on the weekend was interesting. Almost a sense of tension released which could spell trouble for Brisbane.

The biggest game of the week. The implications are huge for the finals.
In terms of the premiership, agree. Carlton vs Collingwood will be hyped up (as it should be), but this is the one with genuine premiership implications

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premise 1: Dees defense versus Lions attack.

Premise 2: Will be a dour low scoring affair when Dees defense takes over. Dees defenders look sturdier than the capricious Lion's forwards.

Conclusion: Dees by a couple of goals.

This result may not be exactly what Dees are looking for...I reckon they want to win AND show some potency.

Will Dees tag the Medalist?

Very much looking forward to it.

Melbourne played their grand final against Carlton. They will not win another game this season.

Lions in a masterclass performance

Lions by 27

Melbourne were good but aren't playing at their best. Lever, Langdon, Fritsch and Petracca were pretty quiet. They won't be on Friday night.
Gawn is also building nicely on the eve of finals. Should beat McInerney and McStay which makes this one a coin flip for me.

Melbourne were good but aren't playing at their best. Lever, Langdon, Fritsch and Petracca were pretty quiet. They won't be on Friday night.
Gawn is also building nicely on the eve of finals. Should beat McInerney and McStay which makes this one a coin flip for me.

They have not been firing on all cylinders for quite some time now. You'd have thought the past month has been a huge wake up call for them, yet they're still not playing to their full potential and I seriously doubt they will rediscover the form that saw them smash everyone en route to the premiership.

To steal a quote from Tony Abbott, their hopes for back to back premierships are dead, buried, cremated.

They have not been firing on all cylinders for quite some time now. You'd have thought the past month has been a huge wake up call for them, yet they're still not playing to their full potential and I seriously doubt they will rediscover the form that saw them smash everyone en route to the premiership.

To steal a quote from Tony Abbott, their hopes for back to back premierships are dead, buried, cremated.

They did the same thing last year.
Draw v Hawks, loss v Dogs, big win v Suns, win v Eagles (barely), win v Crows and down by 6 goals against Geelong before putting on a clinic in the second half.
Many people were still unsure of what they could do in the finals.

If they do win this one, and this will be their toughest test of the year, I think they will turn it up a notch in September.

They did the same thing last year.
Draw v Hawks, loss v Dogs, big win v Suns, win v Eagles (barely), win v Crows and down by 6 goals against Geelong before putting on a clinic in the second half.

Their wins during their rough patch were hardly inspiring and their losses were very ugly. They are not the same team as last year, they lack the spark.

This is definitely bigger than the Geelong game 12 months ago.

Will be a great game for neutrals, horrible for supporters.
Can testify this and say I’m looking forward to Friday Night footy this week! It’s gonna for sure beat the hell out of going to Geelong at 4:30pm on a Saturday to watch us get drilled, again

Back