Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 23 - Lions v Demons Fri August 19th 7:50pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If a played gets medically subbed out, should they be unavailable for selection in the following week?

I'm pretty sure he'll take next weekend off to get himself right. 😉

I’m not gonna have a cry about it. The ignore button is right there if it hurts your feelings. Otherwise click the laugh emoji whenever I give you a giggle 😘

It's a 22 year old you're talking about, so he's far from the finished product when it comes to emotional maturity. To me, a reaction like Harry had seems like a helpless one where he's not dumb enough to resort to violence, but too angry/upset by what was said to be able to laugh it off.

It's a 22 year old you're talking about, so he's far from the finished product when it comes to emotional maturity. To me, a reaction like Harry had seems like a helpless one where he's not dumb enough to resort to violence, but too angry/upset by what was said to be able to laugh it off.
Completely agree, and something I didn’t think about. As I said, I didn’t intend to offend anyone and you give me better context than others have.

When has this not been the case?
OK I’m old, but pre internet, saturated tv coverage and social media days Most people,didn’t. Honestly I cannot remember ever a time that we spoke about what people we’d never met were like as people. We’d say they are a dirty fu<er on the footy field etc but you wouldn’t say they are a s**t person or a terrible leader.

Fagan had a presser yet?

I'll save you the effort...

"Was a good effort by the blokes, started slowly but worked out way into it"

"If you look at the score, we won the second half, shows the heart of the guys out there"

"We won the inside 50s, tackles, and we definitely had the edge in players with the surname starting with Mc"

"We're keen to look to next week. Looking forward to the challenge."

Fagan in denial mode at the press conference.

Your team got pumped at home by Melbourne.

You are a long way off winning a premiership.
FMD I am sick of him.

I understand at times wanting to play devil's advocate and not play into the doom & gloom that the media generally portray but Fagan does it every single week, trying to find the "lessons" and "learnings". Sometimes I just want my coach to come out and say we were crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not going to engage with you about this because clearly you’re one of those snowflake types. I’m all for men’s health and men speaking out and expressing their emotions about their demons, so don’t try painting me as some neanderthal but at the end of the day, if you’re a man, you have to also maintain some level of control over your own manhood whereby other people’s words don’t make you cry out on a football field, particularly when you’re a professional athlete on the biggest stage. Let’s just agree to disagree.
All I can say is that I’ve got a pretty thick skin but the week my old man died, I couldn’t stop ******* openly weeping in public. Not saying that’s what has happened with Petty, but life and people talking absolute rot have a way of grinding you down. I doubt he planned to cry and may well feel embarrassed about it but I can’t really judge him for it.

More than enough evidence going around to conclude that Zorko is an absolute *******.
That’s my point, you’ve never met him let alone know him but you make that statement. I appreciate that your have reasons for saying that, stuff you’ve seen and read. However I wonder if you met him and say went fishing for a day what you’d think.

Tears of frustration.

And Zorko is a ********.

You’re not seriously comparing a serious injury and/or losing a Grand Final to someone saying some words, are you?

Didn't John Worsfold once infamously sledge Mick McGuane about the death of his father in a final in 1994 (iirc) ?

Surely the game and players have evolved such toxic and out of line sliding and comments

The fact most Lions here (to their credit) are disgusted by Zorko's words speak volumes.

There should be an unwritten code for footy players that sledges about family members (especially sick or dying ones) is no go zone for sledging, like racist and homophobic slurs.

FMD I am sick of him.

I understand at times wanting to play devil's advocate and not play into the doom & gloom that the media generally portray but Fagan does it every single week, trying to find the "lessons" and "learnings". Sometimes I just want my coach to come out and say we were crap.
You can’t say that these days because someone with a Twitter account or a media flog or a virtuous wan%&r will be “offended” on behalf of the players.

I find it strange how society now makes comments about the personalities of people they’ve never met let alone know.
bloke I work with used to play indoor cricket a long time ago.. Zorko was on one of the opposing teams that they used to come up against fairly often over the few years he played..

He has told me on several occasions in the past that Zorko is just an absolute flog of a bloke.. even playing a friendly game of indoor cricket against him was just absolutely punishing.. completely ruined any enjoyment of what was meant to just be a fun game of recreational indoor cricket.

You can’t say that these days because someone with a Twitter account or a media flog or a virtuous wan%&r will be “offended” on behalf of the players.
Chin up boys, only a 60 point belting and loss of Top 4 but you tried! Here is a participation ribbon.

FMD the world we live in.

When did I say that? Zorko didn’t kill his family member. He said some words.

Who is having a go at Petty for the situation? We’re discussing his reaction. Is that no longer allowed?

I never said what Zorko may’ve said was acceptable.

You never actually discuss the topic and always deviate to suit your argument. It’s standard behaviour from you.

It's standard victim blaming to shift the narrative - in this case, that Harrison Petty's reaction should be discussed. Why does it matter?

Back