Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 7 - Demons v Hawks Sat April 30th 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks are doing better than I expected, only 9 points down, we were beating them by 37 points at half time in our game against them.

Maybe this Dees team isn't as great as people think they are, going by this form line we should beat them comfortably next week.
Loolz. Form line awesome for the Saints

Those supporters must have low standards.

You played a team missing it's senior coach, 5 premiership players, and with another two crucial players coming back from COVID (and visibly hampered).

I think we beat you by about 8 goals in 2014 when we were missing our coach and a bunch of players. But I guess back then you were missing an entire football team.

The Hawks won't win but they have been brave, it isn't just the Dees taking it easy they have pushed them all the way.

Mitchell has them on the right track, they are playing a good brand of footy, it came unstuck against us but other than that they have been competitive.
Well we are one against buffing….
sanctimonios rubbish won’t help

You played a team missing it's senior coach, 5 premiership players, and with another two crucial players coming back from COVID (and visibly hampered). Melbourne has been up for a long time and due a "down" game, which I thought was going to be this one. We were clearly in second gear, even before we had to activate the sub as one of our key defenders were injured, but you then let us walk all over you in the third.

Hawthorn drew last year, after having lost pretty much every game to Melbourne since Jesus played half back flank for Jerusalem. I really though you were gonna win and I think it reflects very poorly that you couldn't with so many Melbourne players out and/or down on form.

You had 2 more outs than us compared to the sides that played last week (and we also had other best 22 players missing other than our 3 outs). We also started the season as one of the favourites for bottom 4. Melbourne fans had a lot more to be disappointed about than Hawk fans did out of this game (which I guess is why you're in this thread making COVID excuses right?). I would have thought a Melbourne fan would have understood the benefits to a rebuilding team of a close loss against a premiership favourite. The worst thing that can happen to a team during a rebuild is to suffer countless shalackings. It takes playing groups a long time to get over that kind of thing - and some never do - and it is partly why Carlton and Melbourne have nearly a third of the spoons on offer over the last 25 years, and only 1 flag between the two of them, despite the system being setup to reward long term mediocrity.

Only a troll would suggest the fans of a team touted for bottom 4 would be disappointed with a 10 point loss against the current flag favourites. I understand you've probably been severely mentally damaged after following Melbourne all your life, and that probably makes it hard for you to take some eventual success well, but it is hardly an excuse for the nonsense you've posted in this thread.

Best on ground is like they trawled the past three decades of football based entertainment, identified the worst bits, and distilled those worst bits into one focussed show.

Unfunny people trying to be funny. Tick.

Token female. Tick.

Cringeworthy live band. Tick.
Four Quarters for a new generation

I think we beat you by about 8 goals in 2014 when we were missing our coach and a bunch of players. But I guess back then you were missing an entire football team.
He’s busting your balls. That game was always a danger game regardless of outs. I rate hawthorn, just think you don’t quite have all the pieces together yet.
That said... 2014.... please don’t hang your hat on that. The Patchywollycock under 13’s would have beaten us by 3 goals in the wet.

Why would we be disappointed, we won

Because 10 point wins against a team near the bottom of their rebuild cycle and fielding 10 players with less than 50 games experience sounds concerning to me.

Melbourne fans seem to be getting a little ahead of themselves given that by the end of the round it is possible none of their wins have been against top 8 sides.

He’s busting your balls. That game was always a danger game regardless of outs. I rate hawthorn, just think you don’t quite have all the pieces together yet.
That said... 2014.... please don’t hang your hat on that. The Patchywollycock under 13’s would have beaten us by 3 goals in the wet.

I know. And with straight kicking it would have been even closer. Breust and Gunston both missed shots they would get 90% of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because 10 point wins against a team near the bottom of their rebuild cycle and fielding 10 players with less than 50 games experience sounds concerning to me.

Melbourne fans seem to be getting a little ahead of themselves given that by the end of the round it is possible none of their wins have been against top 8 sides.

See we get you’re new to this whole top of the tree thing, but after a while (if you last up top long enough) youll demand such high perfmances from your team that just beating a rebuilding side would be deemed a failure.
I mean sure, if we didn't put the cue in the rack for the final quarter and tried to just kill the clock (same as we did last week) but all things considered not really too upset being undefeated on top of the ladder after 7 rounds.

Last edited:
I mean sure, if we didn't out the cue in the rack for the final quarter and tried to just kill the clock (same as we did last week) but all things considered not really too upset being undefeated on top of the ladder after 7 rounds.
If that was 2015 hawks vs 2015 Melbourne id be filthy but you’ll get there (hopefully)

Joel Smith - 26 games
James Jordon - 29 games
Trent Rivers - 40 games
Toby Bedford - 9 games although that's inflated by being the sub every game this year
Kade Chandler - 3 games
Jake Bowey - 14 games

Charlie Spargo - 66 games

Plus out went Jackson, Pickett, Sparrow and Petty who are also under 50 games.

You played a team missing it's senior coach, 5 premiership players, and with another two crucial players coming back from COVID (and visibly hampered). Melbourne has been up for a long time and due a "down" game, which I thought was going to be this one. We were clearly in second gear, even before we had to activate the sub as one of our key defenders were injured, but you then let us walk all over you in the third.

Hawthorn drew last year, after having lost pretty much every game to Melbourne since Jesus played half back flank for Jerusalem. I really though you were gonna win and I think it reflects very poorly that you couldn't with so many Melbourne players out and/or down on form.

Must be worth it for all the likes....

Hawthorn lost to Essendon in round 2 2015, they weren't some all conquering behemoth like you may fondly remember.

Odd comment. Most points scored and fewest points conceded, and went on to win a third premiership in a row after playing every week of the finals, including in WA twice.

From 2011, our H+A win-loss was 87-23, resulting in 1 prelim, 1 GF and 3 flags.

Seems to me we 'conquered' a lot

Hawthorn lost to Essendon in round 2 2015, they weren't some all conquering behemoth like you may fondly remember.
hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Odd comment. Most points scored and fewest points conceded, and went on to win a third premiership in a row after playing every week of the finals, including in WA twice.

And we also beat Melbourne (as my post alluded to) 24.11 155 to 7.8 50

But the peanut is correct I suppose, compared to 13 and 14 we had slowed some. Sustained success does that.

Sure, except that game you lost against the Bombers. I'm sure your supporters were angrily baying for Clarkos blood after that one 🙄. After all your mate said they would've been "filthy" to only win by 10 points yesterday.

And we also beat Melbourne (as my post alluded to) 24.11 155 to 7.8 50

But the peanut is correct I suppose, compared to 13 and 14 we had slowed some. Sustained success does that.

Peanut lol. You nuffies seem to think that unless we twist ourselves in knots and get all worked up because one football team didn't win by enough against another football team that we're not "demanding excellence" or some other rubbish. What I feel or think has no bearing on the performance of the MFC, it's cute you think you have some input though. For me I'll just enjoy being the undefeated reigning premier after 7 rounds and hope we can win enough games to finish top 2 and go back to back in September.

Personally, thought there was a fair bit for both sides to take from the game, Melbourne obviously a little more as they got the 4 points. The third term shows the difference between where both sides are at right now, and even though Melbourne played within themselves in the fourth, the fact that we didn't completely drop our bundle like we did in the Saints and Swans games shows that we are improving, it's just getting the consistency of performance and that extra finesse that genuine contenders have. We're heading in the right direction, it's just that Melbourne are already there.

Sure, except that game you lost against the Bombers. I'm sure your supporters were angrily baying for Clarkos blood after that one 🙄. After all your mate said they would've been "filthy" to only win by 10 points yesterday.

Peanut lol. You nuffies seem to think that unless we twist ourselves in knots and get all worked up because one football team didn't win by enough against another football team that we're not "demanding excellence" or some other rubbish. What I feel or think has no bearing on the performance of the MFC, it's cute you think you have some input though. For me I'll just enjoy being the undefeated reigning premier after 7 rounds and hope we can win enough games to finish top 2 and go back to back in September.
Nuffies lol. Nice strawman, all I alluded to was that Melbourne should be disappointed with a close victory in a game you should have won by 10 goals. That’s not taking anything away from you, only suggesting you should expect better, as you’re the benchmark. Seriously, not a difficult concept there champ. But hey, when you’ve lived your whole life supporting mediocrity then here you are.

Joel Smith - 26 games
James Jordon - 29 games
Trent Rivers - 40 games
Toby Bedford - 9 games although that's inflated by being the sub every game this year
Kade Chandler - 3 games
Jake Bowey - 14 games
Yes, 6 versus our 10. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Back