Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Tigers v Pies Sat May 7th 1:45pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Pies by 7 -20

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He put the forearm to the back of the head twice.
Yeah but in his defence, soft blond tipped hair is always going to be a red rag to a bull to traditional hard nosed defender types.

At least Ginnivan now knows what it's like to be actually taken high rather than working for the free.

Consider it a donation to his career development.

And keep the change.

Yeah but in his defence, soft blond tipped hair is always going to be a red rag to a bull to traditional hard nosed defender types.

At least Ginnivan now knows what it's like to be actually taken high rather than working for the free.

Consider it a donation to his career development.

And keep the change.
Ahhh yes, how very noble of him, that makes sense now.

So I’m guessing Mabior Chol should expect the same treatment then when you guys face GCS too then.

I can't stand Ginnivan and his antics, but what Mansell did was unacceptable.

Deserves a week off.. if he gets off, it sends a dangerous message imo.
MRO grading has it as 1 week. Intentional, head contact, low impact is 1 week.

PS: not being a smartie pants, but what antics? The celebrations…?

MRO grading has it as 1 week. Intentional, head contact, low impact is 1 week.

PS: not being a smartie pants, but what antics? The celebrations…?

The ssshhhing of Esssendon fans after he kicked an admittedly fantastic goal in the Anzac Day with his finger was something I didn't like (those sort of acts can lead to serious fights in the standing room areas amongst drunken fans)

I don't think it's a good look for any player to try provoke opposition fans or supporters after kicking a great goal, Marc Murphy flipped the bird to the Pies cheer squad years ago either, and I didn't like that either.

And there is the minor issue of pulling his head back for frees, Cody Weightman does it too and is a much worse offender tbh than Jack, it just really frustrates me.

Those lads are too talented to resort to such cheap tricks (wouldn't call it cheating though, just unnecessary)

The ssshhhing of Esssendon fans after he kicked an admittedly fantastic goal in the Anzac Day with his finger was something I didn't like (those sort of acts can lead to serious fights in the standing room areas amongst drunken fans)

I don't think it's a good look for any player to try provoke opposition fans or supporters after kicking a great goal, Marc Murphy flipped the bird to the Pies cheer squad years ago either, and I didn't like that either.

And there is the minor issue of pulling his head back for frees, Cody Weightman does it too and is a much worse offender tbh than Jack, it just really frustrates me.

Those lads are too talented to resort to such cheap tricks (wouldn't call it cheating though, just unnecessary)
I don’t mind abit of theatrics, that’s what adds fan emotion to our great game. There’s nothing more boring than the robot player who doesn’t interact with the fans anymore. I think that shushing celebration was him giving some Essendon supporters back what they gave him as he was lining up.

What Marc Murphy did, and Alan Didak did it once back in the days with the middle finger isn’t appropriate, but abit of theatrics from players interacting with the fans is fine. Didak also did something similar against Lions in the ‘03 QF when he was copping an earful as he lined up and celebrated by cupping his ear:

F06BC12D-3DEA-4D6B-8968-D788269B0D42.jpeg

Re the pulling the head back, he was guilty early on in the season, but after all the controversy, I haven’t noticed him not earn each of his frees. It almost looks like some defenders aren’t too fussed about catching him high to make him ‘earn’ his kick.

Dunstall and Buckley had a small argument about it a few weeks ago but Bucks made a valid point in that the tackler needs to perfect their technique to avoiding giving away the free kick - onus isn’t on the player getting tackled to try and not earn a free kick whilst being tackled. Then again, I’m probably biased since it’s resulting in Collingwood getting goals, and would probably be pissed if these are paid against Collingwood defenders.

All I know is the media has made a mountain out of a moth hill with Ginnivan and give him/it too much attention which takes away from the fact he’s actually a talented and exciting rookie.

Even noticed a usually calm Fly McRae’s eyes glaze over as he got asked about Ginnivan in the post game presser as he gets at least 2-3 questions about him each week now from the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love you to show me all the times he has done this. I can recall 2 and both times he was taken too high.

Kane Cornes had a dig about a gopro out on the ground and the rest of the media have turned it into something completely else. A few in the media have then pounced on the incident in the Geelong game where he was taken too high and have rolled with the he playing for free kicks that aren't there.

Back