Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Tigers v Pies Sat May 7th 1:45pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Pies by 7 -20

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond starting to click into gear, they will be a dangerous team in the finals if they make it, you wouldn't want to play them in a knockout final.
It will depend on how well they are traveling if they make finals. They look so much better behind the ball with Balta and Baker playing back and when Vlastuin is in the side they look better again.

Lynch finally starting to give a return up forward makes a massive difference.

It will depend on how well they are traveling if they make finals. They look so much better behind the ball with Balta and Baker playing back and when Vlastuin is in the side they look better again.

Lynch finally starting to give a return up forward makes a massive difference.
Lynch basically had no opponent for most of the match as good as he is.

Exciting group these Pies. A different style to what we’ve become accustomed to as Collingwood supporters.

Genuine young talent in that forward line in Henry, Ginnivan and McCreery. Nick Daicos just doesn’t look out of his depth no matter the opposition.

Can’t be too disappointed today. Initially looked like Richmond had missed their chance to kick away in the first half, then it was Collingwood’s turn to miss their chances to turn it into a contest in the second half. 28 scoring shots to 26 in the end.

Better team on the day won in the end.

Really need Roughhead down back.
Begg tried, but an undersized 19 yr old playing ruck isn't going to work. Need Grundy back to get clearances back on track.
Missed Elliot's experience today on the forward line.

Bianco cannot play again and WHE's time has come to make way for McInnes, Poulter and Macrae who should all be playing in this side.

Maurice buzzing around adds so much value and I for one don't mind Ginnivan
If you watch him, he actually ain’t too bad. Doesn’t niggle the opposition, and just has abit of flair. The media and their dogs making a mountain out of a moth hill. Every time he got a free today the commentators tried to make it about him instead of the play itself. He’s a talented footballer.

Lynch basically had no opponent for most of the match as good as he is.
Two things have happened to Lynch, the first effects the second.

1. He is holding his marks.
2. He is taking enough chances to kick a few.

He beat his opponent convincingly in the first half and Moore responded in better fashion in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you watch him, he actually ain’t too bad. Doesn’t niggle the opposition, and just has abit of flair. The media and their dogs making a mountain out of a moth hill. Every time he got a free today the commentators tried to make it about him instead of the play itself. He’s a talented footballer.
yeah don't get the media assassination, i put it down to jealousy

yeah don't get the media assassination, i put it down to jealousy
Considering the amount of goals, games and accolades in the media box, the stinging silence whenever he kicked a goal was awkward - could tell they don’t like his type. Particularly Dunstall who got into a minor argument with Buckley a few weeks ago about him winning frees where Dunstall pretty much called it a blight on our game the way he wins his frees and Buckley said tacklers should be adjusting their techniques to avoid giving away the frees.

Whilst the score didnt reflect it , Just felt like a 10 goal game
You should’ve been up by close to 10 in that first half. Tiges wasted too many opportunities and those 3 late goals before HT gave the margin its truer reflection.

Second half wasn’t as big a gap between the two sides thus HT being 24 and FT being 27. Btw I understand Pies came back when the game had fizzled, but Pies also missed opportunities in that second half the same way Richmond did in the first.

Apparently Mihocek was held (I didn’t see it) and they were going on about it a minute later and twice Ginnivan has had high frees that are warranted and they’re talking about him ‘drawing the free’.
If putting your head over the ball is drawing a free kick then he is guilty as charged. But if anyone can show me a free kick he got for 2 high this year that was him playing for it I would love to see it.

Yeah he had one today where he played it up but he was standing upright and taken too high. The one in the Geelong game that he didn't get but should've. Outside of that I can't think of anything he has done to contribute or over emphasis the high contact other than put his head over the ball and collect a correctly called free kick.

Back