Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 9 - Giants v Blues Sun May 15th 3:20pm EST (GS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

7E3C6FE5-48F5-4F6B-9857-B8CB7485325A.png
15TH V 4TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 9

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY V CARLTON
SUNDAY MAY 15TH 3:20PM EST (GIANTS STADIUM)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

GIANTS

B: L.Keefe, S.Taylor, I.Cumming
HB: A.Kennedy, N.Haynes, C.Hamilton
C: C.Ward, H.Perryman, L.Ash
HF: T.Taranto, H.Himmelberg, S.Coniglio
F: L.Whitfield, J.Hogan, T.Greene
FOLL: B.Preuss, J.Kelly, T.Green

I/C (from): M.Flynn, B.Hill, C.Idun, F.Callaghan, M.de Boer, C.Stone, J.Riccardi, T.Bruhn

IN: C.Stone, J.Riccardi, T.Bruhn
OUT: Nil

BLUES
B: N.Newman, J.Weitering, B.Kemp
HB: S.Docherty, Z.Williams, A.Saad
C: L’O’Brien, P.Cripps, J.Newnes
HF: J.Carroll, C.Curnow, M.Kennedy
F: Z.Fisher, J.Silvagni, C.Durdin
FOLL: T.De Koning, S.Walsh, A.Cerra

I/C (from): P.Dow, L.Plowman, G.Hewett, M.Cottrell, M.Owies, J.Boyd, J.Motlop, L.Fogarty

IN: B.Kemp, P.Dow, L.Plowman, G.Hewett, J.Motlop, L.Fogarty
OUT: Le.Young (HS Protocol), J.Martin, H.McKay (both injured)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Jesse Motlop debut

Motlop will play his first AFL game today against the Giants after being selected by Carlton with pick 27 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft. The small forward has been exciting to watch in the VFL this year, producing six goals and averaging just under four tackles per game. The 18-year-old will join his housemates Jack Carroll and Corey Durdin as the three youngest Blues lining up in the side today.

Last edited by a moderator:
We always match up well against GWS.
Given our only two losses this year have been against teams who have never won a flag, this looms large as a danger game, despite Blues having the favouritism.
Heart says Blues by a couple goals. Head says we're a strong chance to lose by 5-6 goals.

In a matter of 24hrs, this game has gone from winnable as favourites to almost unwinnable.
Harry out and Leon pulling the pin.
Biggest question is do the GWS players want to send Cameron off with a win, like the Pies did with Bucks, or are they just going to go through the motions and fire up next week under McVeigh?

In a matter of 24hrs, this game has gone from winnable as favourites to almost unwinnable.
Harry out and Leon pulling the pin.
Biggest question is do the GWS players want to send Cameron off with a win, like the Pies did with Bucks, or are they just going to go through the motions and fire up next week under McVeigh?

Holy F

I was reading Leon and thinking, what are you talking about.......who is Leon at the Blues?

Then I checked the news!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring in Mirkov to ruck and play TDK as a permanent forward in McKay's place.
I'm not convinced he's ready, but I'm also not completely against the idea, on the proviso that Dow comes in as well.
They have a working relationship in the VFL, so Dow knows best how to rove off him. I doubt any of Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy and Cerra have done any real work with Mirkov, even at training.
Dow in can also allow Kennedy and Cripps to rotate forward.

I'm not convinced he's ready, but I'm also not completely against the idea, on the proviso that Dow comes in as well.
They have a working relationship in the VFL, so Dow knows best how to rove off him. I doubt any of Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy and Cerra have done any real work with Mirkov, even at training.
Dow in can also allow Kennedy and Cripps to rotate forward.

Mirkov had 48 hitouts the other week, I'm sure the regular A-Grade mids can rove to him.

As for Dow .............. the guy has to earn a game, not be gifted one.

Mirkov had 48 hitouts the other week, I'm sure the regular A-Grade mids can rove to him.

As for Dow .............. the guy has to earn a game, not be gifted one.
48 hitouts in the VFL. Who was his opponent?
I'm sure the other guys would do alright with our 4th choice ruck who they've never played with, but my point was that he and Dow have played every week in the VFL, in winning sides most weeks and Dow has been playing at a high standard whilst roving off him, so they obviously work well together.

I'm not the biggest fan of Dow, but he's earned a game. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Not sure it matters too much now, with Young being out as well and Mirkov not named in the extended squad.
The obvious changes would be...
Out: McKay, Martin, Young
In: Kemp, Hewett, Plowman
If Hewett doesn't get up, then Dow or Fogarty are a flip of the coin.

backline very fragile this week…prefer Silvagni chb/backline ruck…wears opponents like a 2nd skin and rarely gets beaten…less likely to make mistakes…he’s a competitive beast.
Kemp chf although he’s been playing chb in the two’s…less pressure on him.
Dow a must ahead of Fogarty.
wouldn’t be surprised if Mirkov is sub.

210cm Mirkov? That would have been...interesting.
Would also be a mean feat given he wasn't even in the extended squad.

backline very fragile this week…prefer Silvagni chb/backline ruck…wears opponents like a 2nd skin and rarely gets beaten…less likely to make mistakes…he’s a competitive beast.
Kemp chf although he’s been playing chb in the two’s…less pressure on him.
Dow a must ahead of Fogarty.
wouldn’t be surprised if Mirkov is sub.
Kemp has played fwd and back. Played back the last game or two because of our injuries to tall defenders. Up fwd we still have Cripps and even Crocker, while not tall, plays a strong leading/marking game.

Normally you want the caretaker coach to start with a win, but since it is Mark McVeigh I hope Carlton beat them by 20 goals.

Back