Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Elimination Final - Lions v Tigers Thurs Sept 1st 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 36.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 30.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was already leaning towards the Lions before the week 1 match ups had been locked in as the annual 'home team being written off by everyone in week 1' upset, but now that people are probably already salivating at the Richmond in the semi final prospect (either in Sydney against the Swans, or an MCG blockbuster against Melbourne) it makes me even more confident that it won't happen.
Yep I don’t like the fact people are just assuming we waltz this one in, how many home games have brisbane lost in the last 3 years?

Expect some reversion to mean from Lions in this game. Even my misses doesn't burn the chook twice in a row.

Will RTM be enough?

Tiges need to find a bit more DEFENSIVE PRESSURE to win. I think they have been working on it. They have to. They have gone from the best defensive and pressure team to one of the best offensive teams in 2 years. What a metamorphosus. The former is more suited than the latter in finals.

Last edited:

Lynch in is big. Always seems to play well against Lions and Harris Andrews seems to be a bit out of sorts atm. Charlie will be happy Grimes is unavailable....

Actually I heard Grimes prefers Kant’s deontological ethics……………..

….. I’ll show myself out
I dunno about tha;
if you seek to combat the principle of utility, you do so with reasons drawn from the principle itself. Bentham (CHB - Hedonists) and Mill (Back Pocket) both believed that human actions are motivated entirely by DESTRUCTION OF COLLINGWOOD, and Mill saw that motivation as a basis for the argument that, since happiness is the sole end of human action, the promotion of COLLYWOBBLE is the test by which to judge all human conduct.

Spot the edits!
I'll get me coat...

Brisbane are excellent front runners, particularly playing at home.

Their players get up and about in the faces of the opposition and their fans.

The key to beating them is quietening them early. If they are a couple of goals up at the half time break, they won’t be stopped on their home deck. Their home record over the past two years is imposing.

Whoever takes Cameron is going to be a key matchup for us.

I think Dusty plays the high half forward role and flips with Bolton positionally.

Meaning a mid comes out of the 22, probably Ross or Sonsie. Although Gibcus doesn’t look like he has an obvious match up down back so perhaps we roll with the extra small. I think Sonsie has the potential to hit the scoreboard but Ross showed good form last week in Grahams role.

Tarrant takes Joe. Miller takes McStay. Balta takes Hipwood. Vlastuin to Cameron and Broad the loose intercept. Brisbanes forward line look ominous and superior to our defence on paper, but that back six do work as quite a good unit.

On the flip side I’d hope that Bolton brings his kicking boots and Dusty provides enough of a focus from Brisbanes defence to give Cumberland a chop out.

Expect some reversion to mean from Lions in this game. Even my misses doesn't burn the chook twice in a row.

Will RTM be enough?

Tiges need to find a bit more DEFENSIVE PRESSURE to win. I think they have been working on it. They have to. They have gone from the best defensive and pressure team to one of the best offensive teams in 2 years. What a metamorphosus. The former is more suited than the latter in finals.
They changed their gameplan after Hocking changed the rules on us.

Brisbane are excellent front runners, particularly playing at home.

Their players get up and about in the faces of the opposition and their fans.

The key to beating them is quietening them early. If they are a couple of goals up at the half time break, they won’t be stopped on their home deck. Their home record over the past two years is imposing.

Whoever takes Cameron is going to be a key matchup for us.

I think Dusty plays the high half forward role and flips with Bolton positionally.

Meaning a mid comes out of the 22, probably Ross or Sonsie. Although Gibcus doesn’t look like he has an obvious match up down back so perhaps we roll with the extra small. I think Sonsie has the potential to hit the scoreboard but Ross showed good form last week in Grahams role.

Tarrant takes Joe. Miller takes McStay. Balta takes Hipwood. Vlastuin to Cameron and Broad the loose intercept. Brisbanes forward line look ominous and superior to our defence on paper, but that back six do work as quite a good unit.

On the flip side I’d hope that Bolton brings his kicking boots and Dusty provides enough of a focus from Brisbanes defence to give Cumberland a chop out.
Starz not playing last time hurt the Lions would except him to go to one of Dusty/Bolton Lester comes in for Answerth to play on Cumbersome a lot Depends on if Rayner gets off tonight will be a massive loss if he doesn’t

Will RTM be enough?

Offence sells memberships, defence wins premierships…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our problem is not so much our actual defence, but the midfield lack of pressure allowing easy fwd entries to the opposition.
Defense in the modern game starts at full forward!

Charlie Cameron is the key for Brisbane. Without Grimes, they will go with Dan Rioli IMO. Not many options outside of that so if CC gets on top we are in trouble.

It'll be Dan's biggest test to date in a final in his revived role as a HBF.

The club is about to open an awesome new home- in Ippy worth $100M plus. Footy is expanding in leaps and bounds both for seniors and youth. Footy is alive and growing in Queensland. We have already won.

Our problem is not so much our actual defence, but the midfield lack of pressure allowing easy fwd entries to the opposition.
I have noticed this. Our midfield is very aggressive and gets caught letting loose opposition players out the front of the contest. I think our defence has looked solid when the ball is going in under pressure.

I was already leaning towards the Lions before the week 1 match ups had been locked in as the annual 'home team being written off by everyone in week 1' upset, but now that people are probably already salivating at the Richmond in the semi final prospect (either in Sydney against the Swans, or an MCG blockbuster against Melbourne) it makes me even more confident that it won't happen.
Lmao. Whatever helps you *sleep at night. Hows the saying go again? Death taxes and Geelong losing the QF, winning SF against a minnow and then losing the prelim? Yeah something like that.

* Which for Geelong supporters is cowering under the covers with the lights on. lol

Back