Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Elimination Final - Lions v Tigers Thurs Sept 1st 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 36.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 30.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
0455ACC2-462B-432D-9914-13CFAE3F619E.png

H&A Ladder Position
6TH V 7TH

AFL 2022 FINALS WEEK 1
SECOND ELIMINATION FINAL
BRISBANE V RICHMOND
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 1ST 7:20PM EST (GABBA)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

LIONS

B: D.Gardiner, D.McStay, D.Rich
HB: B.Starcevich, H.Andrews, K.Coleman
C: Z.Bailey, J.Berry, H.McCluggage
HF: D.Zorko, E.Hipwood, L.McCarthy
F: J.Payne, J.Daniher, C.Cameron
FOLL: O.McInerney, L.Neale, M.Robinson

I/C: D.Robertson, J.Prior, R.Mathieson, D.Wilmot
EMG: K.Lohmann, C.Ah Chee, D.Fort, R.Lester

IN: D.Robertson, D.Wilmot
OUT: C.Rayner (suspended), J.Lyons (injured), N.Answerth (suspended)

TIGERS
B: N.Broad, N.Balta, R.Tarrant
HB: L.Baker, N.Vlastuin, D.Rioli
C: M.Pickett, T.Cotchin, K.McIntosh
HF: M.Rioli, J.Short, S.Bolton
F: J.Riewoldt, D.Martin, T.Lynch
FOLL: T.Nankervis, D.Prestia, T.Sonsie

I/C: J.Gibcus, B.Miller, J.Ross, N.Cumberland
EMG: I.Soldo, R.Mansell, J.Graham, S.Edwards

IN: D.Martin
OUT: S.Edwards (omitted), J.Castagna (sub)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:
Brisbane led the Tigers by 7 goals away from home a few weeks ago. Sure they choked and found a way to lose it from there, but I’m not sure lightning strikes twice, especially given this will be at home. Lions for me.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Brisbane led the Tigers by 7 goals away from home a few weeks ago. Sure they choked and found a way to lose it from there, but I’m not sure lightning strikes twice, especially given this will be at home. Lions for me.
Yep besides last week Brisbanes form at home over the last 3 years is very strong. Different team at the Gabba, going to be very tough to beat. No grimes might hurt us with Cameron due for a big game.

Yep besides last week Brisbanes form at home over the last 3 years is very strong. Different team at the Gabba, going to be very tough to beat. No grimes might hurt us with Cameron due for a big game.
Going to be an interesting final that’s for sure. The ramifications for the Lions would be huge if you do happen to beat them. One thing that’s definitely in your favour is that you’ve got a bevy of proven finals performers. Could count for a lot especially if you can stay with them early

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
If Grimes does not play, that is a massive blow.
He's still an underrated defender capable of playing on both the tall and shorter players.

Grimes Injury report, last week by Peter Burge:
He won't be playing in our first final. If we're fortunate to move deeper into finals, there is some chance that Dylan can get back, but right now it's more on the less likely side of things. But, we'll never say never... He's one of our captains and we'll be doing everything we can to prepare him to play in the later part of the season if we can progress and perform really well."

On a positive note, I hear Dusty will play.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Could just be nerves and a pessimist tendency, but I think Lions will win at home. They've been slammed from pillar to post in recent times by the media and eventually that gets a side to rally and bounce back.

I reckon given Richmond's long term good performance against them too and recent success that there's a fair bit of motivation to knock us off too.

I hope I'm wrong and we are certainly capable of a win, but I think the Lions will get the monkey off the back in a final and win by within a few goals.

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Lions at home.
Lions on a wicked rebound.
Tige's missing their best and most utilitarian defender.
Lions will win a close one.

cactuscall

michaelangelo is a party dude
Jul 26, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hard game to predict. Will the Lions be galvanized after that belting and the Zorko distraction or will they roll over again? Lynch is key I think. If he plays, we win. Dusty expected to play but he'll be rusty.

edit: Oh and Rayner out helps.
Oh yes, Zorko making another player cry will definitely get Brisbane playing their best footy. Why didn't I think of that!

Back