Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Elimination Final - Lions v Tigers Thurs Sept 1st 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 36.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 30.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Focus on the game and not the person.

As for the game. Brisbane played well enough They were no doubt propped up by a heap of free kicks and calls. In the first half Brisbane were at least plus 9 for frees numerous of them resulting in goals. Without that your mob don't win let alone the ARC. Richmond were the better team.

Winning teams in finals usually win at least 2 out of 3 in the categories of clearances, contested possessions or tackles.

Brisbane won all 3, but go on with your “better team” nonsense.

There is a reason why Richmond supporters and their excuses and conspiracy theories are a meme, and it’s posters like you.

But tell us again about how there is a grand conspiracy against you. After all, if there is one thing the AFL hate it is big 4 teams being front and centre. :D

Winning teams in finals usually win at least 2 out of 3 in the categories of clearances, contested possessions or tackles.

Brisbane won all 3, but go on!

There is a reason why Richmond supporters and their excuses and conspiracy theories are a meme, and it’s posters like you.

But tell us again about how there is a grand conspiracy against you. After all, if there is one thing the AFL hate it is big 4 teams being front and centre. :D
I don’t believe it was a conspiracy, I believe it was incompetence, it’s the one thing the afl are truly good at.

I don’t believe it was a conspiracy, I believe it was incompetence

Yeah that I agree with. Not tagging Neale… failing to capitalise on the opposition having no ruckman, the sheer existence of Josh Gibcus, playing a half-fit player who has one eye on the exit, trying to switch the play deep in defence with 20 seconds left…

A lot of learnings for Dimma!

You're very lucky. Had it happened to your mob BigFooty would have melted with all the Tiger haters demanding the AFL take action.
I agree with this, if Carlton were screwed out of a finals win cause of a controversial Goal Review decision (I reckon it was 55-45 more likely a goal than behind) I would be filthy too

Would like the AFL and the blokes who decided it was a behind to make public their findings, if they don't, it almost could be seen as a public admission of guilt they got it wrong.

Having said that, Richmond should have done a better job locking Brisbane in from the kick in.

I think it can be said both Richmond were desperately unlucky and also The Lions deserved the win on their own merits.

Don't think both statements cancel each other out, Lachie Neale played one of the most impressive individual finals I have seen in a while, absolutely stirring stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for sure. The AFL conspires against one of the most popular clubs in the competition because ??? Who knows, I am sure there is a good reason.
Steve Hocking used to be the reason

Do Lions supporters think we have something against the Lions? I personally don’t, I actually want you to do well against Melbourne. In fact I’ll be barracking hard for you, the resentment is aimed at the AFL and that specific overrule.

You know what you’re getting with Neale, consistently brilliant output. With Zorko, he has absolutely embarrassed himself this year. Tonight he was huge and finally, disciplined.

Zorks is like an AFL version of John McEnroe. When he controls his urges is a much better player.

Fair credit to Tigers supporters. They call us s**t when they beat us and call us s**t when we beat them.

I respect the consistency, I really do.

4 years of finals and nothing to show for it. That’s s**t to us.
I agree.

My only rebuttal is we've both won 3 flags equally since the turn of the century. Everyone wins, yay.

Of course it's approved.

Q: Do the camera show conclusively that the ball did not go through for a goal?
A: Based on the 3 cameras in sync, they conclusively show that the ball went above the post.
Sorry camera from distance cannot tell 100% absolutely not, the ball in film, may have been way past the post top which is a small top of a pole and could have been over the top spot for a tiny tiny slither of time, and whether left or right impossible to tell.
Goal umpires call was what that should have been.
Light reflection is how cameras work, it was a disgraceful decision and lost Richmond the game.

But that camera gives Chris another go at Melbourne now!

And clearly, you didn't make the finals!
Would rather not make it then get knocked out in the first round, never won a final without finishing in the top four. Soft Tigers capitulating as always. Sincerely, an unsurprised Carlton supporter!

Back