Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Elimination Final - Lions v Tigers Thurs Sept 1st 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 36.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 30.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
nah, just a sour one :)
I understand that being a Richmond supporter you’ve probably never heard of a thesaurus, however just because sour starts with ‘s’ doesn’t make it a synonym for surprised. Any way, enjoy your September holidays!

Not sure why they're that interested, they're going out in straight sets.
Happy GIF
👌

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I understand that being a Richmond supporter you’ve probably never heard of a thesaurus, however just because sour starts with ‘s’ doesn’t make it a synonym for surprised. Any way, enjoy your September holidays!
Haha, never mind, the bigger picture is lost on you because you're too busy stuck micro-managing, correcting grammar or spelling mistakes to build a convincing argument :p

loopy08

Rookie
Aug 2, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
That ought to nullify any talk about the Lynch point/goal. If Daniher had been injured the MRO may have been interested in this incident

Doubt it. That would require Michael Christian to use his brain and not be a laughing stock.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Has a score review ever overruled a goal umpire for anything other than hitting the post, fingers touching ball or ball over the line in the history of the game before thursdays game?

loopy08

Rookie
Aug 2, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
Has a score review ever overruled a goal umpire for anything other than hitting the post, fingers touching ball or ball over the line in the history of the game before thursdays game?

Yes it has but they were situations where the only person who didn't know the result before the review was the goal umpire. Think what will be the result of Thursdays game is that we'll see goal umpires allowed to say I've got no idea and the review go on a most likely scenario instead of forcing the goal umpires to guess as was the case on Thursday night. You are going to have problems with any system that forces umpires to guess and then demands that they be proven wrong for a decision to be changed. Only morons like those on the rules and match committees at AFL House don't realise that.

SDMTiger4

Team Captain
Dec 4, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Was glad to read Fly's comments on the umpiring decisions from the Pies v Scats game. Very smart the way that he said "we will look at and the AFL will look at that" Making them accountable, or at least trying to. Wonder whether his comments are an extension of his frustration during his time at the Tiges where we are constantly screwed over in the free kick department. I just wish Dimma would come out every week and talk about the free kick situation, until the AFL had to finally do something about it!
Fly.png

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes it has but they were situations where the only person who didn't know the result before the review was the goal umpire. Think what will be the result of Thursdays game is that we'll see goal umpires allowed to say I've got no idea and the review go on a most likely scenario instead of forcing the goal umpires to guess as was the case on Thursday night. You are going to have problems with any system that forces umpires to guess and then demands that they be proven wrong for a decision to be changed. Only morons like those on the rules and match committees at AFL House don't realise that.
I can’t recall a single occasion where this has occurred and the arc overruled on a hunch. Everyone assuming the goal umpire had no idea yet at the same time assuming lynch knew straight away? No one mentioning Harris Andrew’s reaction with head in hands after the kick as well?
This whole thing stinks.

Aug 18, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was glad to read Fly's comments on the umpiring decisions from the Pies v Scats game. Very smart the way that he said "we will look at and the AFL will look at that" Making them accountable, or at least trying to. Wonder whether his comments are an extension of his frustration during his time at the Tiges where we are constantly screwed over in the free kick department. I just wish Dimma would come out every week and talk about the free kick situation, until the AFL had to finally do something about it!
View attachment 1499723
22 to 18 hardly something that needs reviewing. And if we're talking about frees not paid, we've got a stack of them too. There were poor and missed decisions both ways I feel, but we had more clearances and more tackles compared with yours having more marks and inside 50s. It was a knife edge game that either team deserved to win, luck was just on our side that day. For what it's worth, I had to tell a Lions fan to pipe down because he kept on yelling the umps were financed by Dan Andrews every time something didn't go our way 😂

SDMTiger4

Team Captain
Dec 4, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
22 to 18 hardly something that needs reviewing. And if we're talking about frees not paid, we've got a stack of them too. There were poor and missed decisions both ways I feel, but we had more clearances and more tackles compared with yours having more marks and inside 50s. It was a knife edge game that either team deserved to win, luck was just on our side that day. For what it's worth, I had to tell a Lions fan to pipe down because he kept on yelling the umps were financed by Dan Andrews every time something didn't go our way 😂
I wasn't referring to the game the other night, where the free kick tally evened up after a one sided first half. My comment was in reference to the past few seasons as a whole where the Tigers have consistently been at the bottom of the free kick differential tally by a fair way, and therefore the reference to Craig McRae.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can’t recall a single occasion where this has occurred and the arc overruled on a hunch. Everyone assuming the goal umpire had no idea yet at the same time assuming lynch knew straight away? No one mentioning Harris Andrew’s reaction with head in hands after the kick as well?
This whole thing stinks.
You call it a hunch, most people would call it evidence. Harris Andrew’s- he is on the mark with his back to it, probably assumed Lynch would not spud it up from 5 meters out. Seriously move on, you had your chances and were not good enough.

I wasn't referring to the game the other night, where the free kick tally evened up after a one sided first half. My comment was in reference to the past few seasons as a whole where the Tigers have consistently been at the bottom of the free kick differential tally by a fair way, and therefore the reference to Craig McRae.
If it was one sided in the first half and then evened up does that not make it one sided in the second half?

p4p1

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was working so just watching a replay and it is making me sick how many times Linc McCarthy has been smashed and not awarded a kick.
Charlie almost has to have his jumper pulled off to get a free for holding. Of all our players, Charlie is generally the one that gets the raw end of the stick.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
The worst thing about the arc farce is we are now left with Melbourne to walk all over the lions as they usually do in a lacklustre affair. Instead of having 90,000 at the g to see the last 2 premiers go at it.

Hi dean33 … how’s things?

Back