Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Preliminary Final - Swans v Pies Sat Sept 17th 4:45pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 19.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 39 20.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Do people ever get tired of just blaming the umpires after every game. At least put up some calls you thought were wrong and have a discussion about them. But nope it's just umpire this, umpire that. Pretty sure Collingwood got 2 goals from blocking free kicks, I've seen those be let go before, so you get some, you lose some.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do people ever get tired of just blaming the umpires after every game. At least put up some calls you thought were wrong and have a discussion about them. But nope it's just umpire this, umpire that. Pretty sure Collingwood got 2 goals from blocking free kicks, I've seen those be let go before, so you get some, you lose some.
Amen. Gameday threads for every club are the most cringeworthy s**t known

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Amen. Gameday threads for every club are the most cringeworthy s**t known
I like a good bit of umpiring discussion, I'm a ******* nerd so I actually have read all the rules. But nowadays it's just bunch of nuffies blaming them for their lose. Pretty sure Stevic on the weekend king hit someone the way these people bang on about it.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m not wanting to open up another can of worms, as it doesn’t matter, and the Swans won, but to answer your questions, the two that stood out to me were obviously Papley’s push/non mark and the Howe block/shove off the marking contest.

Sorry, they’re in a wonky angle.

83591299-11E8-46AF-B64A-4F5604926CE6.gif

D6637321-C7B4-4E06-B29D-C2DF28BAF0F5.gif

These two were momentum killers for Collingwood. Papley’s one put them back out to 20 points and the Howe block was when Collingwood was doing all the attacking but this Franklin mark then went to Hickey who took a nice grab that soaked up even more time when there was 2 min left.

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m not wanting to open up another can of worms, as it doesn’t matter, and the Swans won, but to answer your questions, the two that stood out to me were obviously Papley’s push/non mark and the Howe block/shove off the marking contest.

View attachment 1512475

View attachment 1512476
Papley 100% Hands in the back. However, I feel as though the umpire may have simply believed Moore slipped over, as he was already on the down before the contact. The second one I can't really see well and now my coworkers are all looking at me as I have my head turned 1cm away from my monitor, but it looks like a bit of a dive by Howe.

ChristianBoy

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 15, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne

View attachment 1512475

View attachment 1512476

Can you show us the Daicos free and 50 and also the NON FREE to Buddy for front on contact in the first.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Papley 100% Hands in the back. However, I feel as though the umpire may have simply believed Moore slipped over, as he was already on the down before the contact. The second one I can't really see well and now my coworkers are all looking at me as I have my head turned 1cm away from my monitor, but it looks like a bit of a dive by Howe.
Don’t mind the free not being paid, but it wasn’t even a mark, so the double wammy then goal.

Howes one is 50/50. Sometimes they pay em, sometimes they don’t but he was going up to punch and got blocked by the Swans player who wasn’t going for the mark/contest.

Lol sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to change the angle.

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Don’t mind the free not being paid, but it wasn’t even a mark, so the double wammy then goal.

Howes one is 50/50. Sometimes they pay em, sometimes they don’t but he was going up to punch and got blocked by the Swans player who wasn’t going for the mark/contest.

All good man. I was in here arguing away that Ginnivan blocked Saad when we lost. Those 50/50 ones in tight games when it really matters do your head in. I really don't mind umpire discussion, but * me it's just so boring when it's people making fools of themselves thinking the umps are genuinely corrupt against them.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
All good man. I was in here arguing away that Ginnivan blocked Saad when we lost. Those 50/50 ones in tight games when it really matters do your head in. I really don't mind umpire discussion, but * me it's just so boring when it's people making fools of themselves thinking the umps are genuinely corrupt against them.
They’re only human, and they make mistakes. There would’ve been some Collingwood’s way which naturally I wouldn’t notice and vica versa. There’s definitely no grand conspiracy though - AFL isn’t smart enough to pull that off 😂

ChristianBoy

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 15, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne

To high from Quaynor.

Vast majority of neutrals, thought that Papley should have been pinged for HITB.
So your view is clearly out of step.

Calls went both ways they let go a hundred incorrect disposals all night long (both sides too). Umpires didn’t have much of an impact in the end.

Papleys was clearly an egregious error.
That’s why it caused the most controversy.
The 50:50 calls, less so.

It was high contact anyway was hardly some terrible error. Miochek got a very soft one just after anyway so let’s call it even for the howlers even if they were both technically there. I’d have rather both let go.

Back