Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Qualifying Final - Demons v Swans Fri Sept 2nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dees by a goal or less

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Dees by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 32.3%
  • Dees by a lot

Votes: 22 14.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Mooney, a Wagga boy. In under twelves he played a couple of games with us, even though he was probably only about eight or nine. He was super stoked for Cal Mills.

Dees finals draw.

Qualifying final at their home ground.
Lose, play elimination final at their home ground.
Win, play "away" prelim at their home ground.
Win, play Grand Final at their home ground.

Vic teams don't have any advantages.

Gawn towled big time by Tommy tonight
As predictable as what would happen if Nic Nat was left alone with a cheesecake, you’re making up stuff about Gawn to make you feel good.

Such a towelling that Gawn had more disposals, more contested marks, more hit outs, more metres gained, and equaled Hickey for goals and clearances. What a towelling!

You are truly a fine judge of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure “Gambling Goodwin” will be too bothered with the loss so long as he can punt with his players and have a few beers in the off season.

Couldn’t happen to a better bunch of blokes. May who smashes his team mate in the face and generally makes clangers most weeks but gets away with it, Oliver who smirks at every opportunity he gets regardless of the score and Gawn’s I’m-so-hard-done-by schtick paraded every week is a mindless bore.

Get a punt on Goodwin, it’ll be all you have going for you in a couple of weeks. A very average/ poor side propped up by a few star players and a short lived, unsustainable culture. Not nearly in the same class as Longmire.

Straight sets for the Dees.

As predictable as what would happen if Nic Nat was left alone with a cheesecake, you’re making up stuff about Gawn to make you feel good.

Such a towelling that Gawn had more disposals, more contested marks, more hit outs, more metres gained, and equaled Hickey for goals and clearances. What a towelling!

Taking the loss well I see

I'm definitely salty that we lost but at least we didn't lose by under a goal or 2. That Buddy flop changed the entire game.

Not much went right for us tonight. Umps murdered us, the Gawn turnover in the back line, the Kozzie Pickett 50m and goal, the Harmes 50m and goal. It's really hard to recover from this. I'm not saying they weren't there but it's just hard to recover from.

I thought Sydney's midfield were good all night. Our defence did a great effort to limit the amount of goals that Sydney kicked. Steven May owned Franklin but it was at the expense of Reid playing like Sav Rocca (like he usually does against us). May also made 2 horrendous turnovers.

I think 11 or 12 or Sydneys goals were from Melbourne unforced turnovers. We need to be better.

All in all, I thought we played ok despite having no forward line and carrying the 2 worst players on the ground in Ben Brown and Melksham.

Sydney are a pretty even team and don't carry passengers like this.

He did FA, missed an easy set shot at a critical point of the game.
Hickey stood up big time when it counted.
Who GAF what the stats say, gawn was shite. 🤣

A few cheese boards may be thrown from the crowd....

Bloody hell!

Some of those cheese boards are like solid planks of wood. You can knock some people out with some big ones LoL 😂

6Fb07e.gif

Man what a disappointing way to ruin a good game of football. 2 goals from 50m that weren't even close to being there. Right when the game mattered. Thanks Stevic and co.

I certainly would not fear playing the swans in the GF (not that we'll make it) with Petracca playing uninjured, and the umps not gifting swans 4-5 goals. Hopefully Goodwin wakes up and dumps Ben Brown once and for all. It's been 20 weeks too late.

Taking the loss well I see
Sydney took their chances, Melbourne didn’t, Sydney deserved to win.

I’m just highlighting the work of Farang, one of the tiniest brains on this site.

You over last year yet? Didn’t think so. You’ll get another chance to sook it up today.

Last edited:
Back