Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Qualifying Final - Demons v Swans Fri Sept 2nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dees by a goal or less

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Dees by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 32.3%
  • Dees by a lot

Votes: 22 14.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a few Melbourne fans say Pickett does a lot of things behind the play for his teammates but I don’t see it. Last year yes and in some games this year yes but last few weeks no. Smalls need to be deadly around the ball and do pressure acts as well. Doing neither at the moment.
I love him and he's generally pretty good, however last night he had a shocker, along with a few of his team mates

It was intentional. He left his feet, didn't have eyes on the ball and had his arms up the whole time.

Four weeks.

If the AFL condone that sort of play they are trying to get the Demons into the granny.
I don't disagree with you, I felt it was intentional, I'm just speaking on what I believe the grading will be. The AFL don't use intentional, Cripps and Stewart were as intentional as you could get and neither got the intentional grading.

I also don't agree with the line of thinking that Harmes (lol woops) being suspended or not suspended is the AFL orchestrating the Demons into the grand final. Him being in or not in doesn't make a great deal of difference to Melbourne, even ask their supporters.

Last edited:
So you're telling me that it's not the ground, it's the one or two nights you have to stay in a different bed.

Gotcha.

Nope. Its the ground, being away from home, being away from family, not having normal club supports available, different training facilities.......all together. Its not just one or the other. The OP i was responding to was sooking about the Marvel clubs not playing at Marvel in finals as if its the same as an interstate club playing away....its not even close to being similar.

It was intentional. He left his feet, didn't have eyes on the ball and had his arms up the whole time.

Four weeks.

If the AFL condone that sort of play they are trying to get the Demons into the granny.
Yeah because us playing/not playing in the grand final all comes down to if Harmes plays lol

Well done Swans completely outplayed us last night. Even when we had the lead at various points it never felt like we were in control. Extremely well coached and disciplined side, my favourites for the flag at the moment (depending on how Geelong looks today).

I'm definitely salty that we lost but at least we didn't lose by under a goal or 2. That Buddy flop changed the entire game.

Not much went right for us tonight. Umps murdered us, the Gawn turnover in the back line, the Kozzie Pickett 50m and goal, the Harmes 50m and goal. It's really hard to recover from this. I'm not saying they weren't there but it's just hard to recover from.

I thought Sydney's midfield were good all night. Our defence did a great effort to limit the amount of goals that Sydney kicked. Steven May owned Franklin but it was at the expense of Reid playing like Sav Rocca (like he usually does against us). May also made 2 horrendous turnovers.

I think 11 or 12 or Sydneys goals were from Melbourne unforced turnovers. We need to be better.

All in all, I thought we played ok despite having no forward line and carrying the 2 worst players on the ground in Ben Brown and Melksham.

Sydney are a pretty even team and don't carry passengers like this.
Free kicks 23-18 in your favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just aren't running out games this year, and our scoring always completely dries up late in the game. All our good wins this year, like Freo and Brisbane were games we just dominated from the start and put the game away early. Losing Darren Burgess was a huge loss.

As for Sydney, they look great, completely outplayed us again. They are my tip to win the whole thing. At the very least, they should be very short odds to make the Granny given the week off, home ground advantage and possible opponents.

Dees finals draw.

Qualifying final at their home ground.
Lose, play elimination final at their home ground.
Win, play "away" prelim at their home ground.
Win, play Grand Final at their home ground.

Vic teams don't have any advantages.

I like the part where they play at their home ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were the 2 best sides on the weekend, even Melbourne in defeat. Both played alot better footy under great pressure, used it better, alot more composed. Sydney were outstanding and I am thinking they go on to win it from here.

Dees finals draw.

Qualifying final at their home ground.
Lose, play elimination final at their home ground.
Win, play "away" prelim at their home ground.
Win, play Grand Final at their home ground.

Vic teams don't have any advantages.
Where do you expect them to play. MCG is most Victorian clubs home ground. Even Geelong play there 7 times a year. It's neutral ground these days. It's home state finals. No other Victorian club has a home ground advantage so why should Geelong, which is what I'd say you're getting at. Plus when you finish 2nd you get 2 games in Victoria.

Finals have been at the G since 1897.

Back