Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Semi Final - Demons v Lions Fri Sept 9th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne need to put a hard tag on Lachie Neal and get something from Melksham and Ben Brown and their backline and mids should be too good.

McInerney is a huge out, Gawn's a completely different beast compared to Nank. Rayner & Answerth are good inclusions though and they've kinda got the finals monkey off the back. Dees by a couple of goals with Brisbane pushing them all the way

Dees should win this easily but with injury clouds over Trac and Oliver and the Lions getting the finals hoodoo out of the way plus a couple of handy players back from suspension you never know what could happen.

Too often people overrate the Elim winners and right off the Qualifying loser.

Melbourne in a canter, toweled Brisbane up twice already this year and will do it a third time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too often people overrate the Elim winners and right off the Qualifying loser.

Melbourne in a canter, toweled Brisbane up twice already this year and will do it a third time.

Melbourne hasn't been in this situation in my life, where we have lost and still had another chance. Every time we've lost in finals in my lifetime that's been it: season over. It is so strange to be going to the football again this weekend. I think many Melbourne supporters feel the same. A very odd, hollow feeling.

I’d be horrified if we lost this. Would think that realisation of getting our backsides handed to us by the Swans should be a decent wake up call. Forget your garbage feel good circle jerking with Max Gawn and Angus Brayshaw carrying on like giddy school girls in an interview that I saw pre game, just cop the smack and sort it out against Brisbane.

I would think that anyone down should be up this week, that includes some big names. Brayshaw and Viney. Gawn also needs to lift. Hickey buried him and for a bloke who is supposed the best ruckman ‘ever’ that was pathetic. He needs to go back to basics, take contested grabs around the ground, stop cute like a midfielder. If Petracca plays he needs to be fit, a broken leg is it? Doesn’t sound good. He hasn’t been great this year to be honest, Oliver by far the better of the two at the moment.

I really do hope we win, it sets up a cracking PF against Geelong where I reckon we can win.

The last four times we've gone into these games vs Melbourne thinking we're a shot at winning, it's been quashed relatively quickly. I feel like going into this game, this is the least likely we've felt like we could overcome Melbourne.

Our defense is the only defense in the league that makes Melbourne's forward line look semi competent. Only three times this year Melbourne has kicked over 100 points against a non-bottom 4 side, and two of those times were against us.

The last four times we've gone into these games vs Melbourne thinking we're a shot at winning, it's been quashed relatively quickly. I feel like going into this game, this is the least likely we've felt like we could overcome Melbourne.

Our defense is the only defense in the league that makes Melbourne's forward line look semi competent. Only three times this year Melbourne has kicked over 100 points against a non-bottom 4 side, and two of those times were against us.
You also leaked 100+ against Richmond.

I’d be horrified if we lost this. Would think that realisation of getting our backsides handed to us by the Swans should be a decent wake up call. Forget your garbage feel good circle jerking with Max Gawn and Angus Brayshaw carrying on like giddy school girls in an interview that I saw pre game, just cop the smack and sort it out against Brisbane.

I would think that anyone down should be up this week, that includes some big names. Brayshaw and Viney. Gawn also needs to lift. Hickey buried him and for a bloke who is supposed the best ruckman ‘ever’ that was pathetic. He needs to go back to basics, take contested grabs around the ground, stop cute like a midfielder. If Petracca plays he needs to be fit, a broken leg is it? Doesn’t sound good. He hasn’t been great this year to be honest, Oliver by far the better of the two at the moment.

I really do hope we win, it sets up a cracking PF against Geelong where I reckon we can win.
Geelong will reverse last year’s preliminary final result if we play them. We are no chance.

McInerney is a huge out, Gawn's a completely different beast compared to Nank. Rayner & Answerth are good inclusions though and they've kinda got the finals monkey off the back. Dees by a couple of goals with Brisbane pushing them all the way

Very likely Wilmot keeps his spot re Answerth. Wilmot was part of the reason we won against the Tigers

Will be Rayner Fort in
O and Robinson out

While I don't think either team in the other semi will trouble Sydney, I think both teams in this semi could beat Geelong on their day.

The Dees have injury concerns but if they can get past that they can still make some noise this year.

Dees should win but the Lions are due for a win against us at some stage, wouldn't be surprised if it was this game if we get complacent.

Back