Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Semi Final - Demons v Lions Fri Sept 9th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they chant in the GF's? I never heard it. It was funny last week when the Geelong fans tried to mimic our chant and it fell flat. Two syllable words just don't cut it without sounding truly pathetic. GEE:p LONG. I remember Voss carrying on like a pork chop when he got to the microphone.

We only use the GEEELONG chant to mock pies supporters...

What the hell is that turtle neck Nick Riewoldt is wearing?
d087de9738ed71ee45d24909eaba3469.jpg

Nick Riewoldt - 2022

Suck it up all you arrogant dees supporters. You might be able to get away for one weekend at Mt Bulla before all the snow melts.
A Richmond supporter accusing another supporter base of being arrogant. 🤦

Was Gary Lyon on crystal meth last night?

Bloke is a flog at the best of times but sheesh he was off his rocker.
I thought he deserved a lot of credit for the way he called it straight after. Maybe he was a fraction over the top but he remained impartial and showed genuine excitement with the Lions performance despite the fact that he would’ve clearly been gutted on the inside.

Lions were red hot when it mattered. I am totally open to talk about it all, I.e cop the heat etc re the Demons. Fair bit to ‘unpack’ to borrow a line from Goodwin.
I'll be honest you're a far better side than straight sets indicate. Best midfield in the league with a similar defence. I've got no idea how it's ended this badly.

Suffice to say I'm glad we're not facing you next week. You'd have been a bad match up for us.

I'll be honest you're a far better side than straight sets indicate. Best midfield in the league with a similar defence. I've got no idea how it's ended this badly.

Suffice to say I'm glad we're not facing you next week. You'd have been a bad match up for us.
It ended badly because we have a very one dimensional forward line. It relies on Fritsch to do something whilst we deliver the ball to the pockets, not directly. The difference between us and you is you’ve got identifiable and good F50 targets, we don’t.

Ben Brown is so soft for a KPF, soft in that he just gets rag dolled so easily. If we came up against your D50 and played like last night we’d have lost by 12 goals. We don’t have a good KPF, we need one.

That’s only one element of it all.

It ended badly because we have a very one dimensional forward line. It relies on Fritsch to do something whilst we deliver the ball to the pockets, not directly. The difference between us and you is you’ve got identifiable and good F50 targets, we don’t.

Ben Brown is so soft for a KPF, soft in that he just gets rag dolled so easily. If we came up against your D50 and played like last night we’d have lost by 12 goals. We don’t have a good KPF, we need one.

Do you think you should have rolled the dice and played McDonald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think you should have rolled the dice and played McDonald.
I don’t think it would have mattered. Kicking the ball away from the natural lines a leading forward runs into means we are always going to have a big congestive block of players on the boundary.

We also really struggle to initiate fast play. It’s a bit like Geelong pre 2022, caught out in finals due to slower ball movement and too much staggered movement that allows the opposition to burn you on the rebound. This is us. We need speed, aggressive kept back flankers, a midfield that is a bit smarter and not getting sucked into every contest (that’s old hat Melbourne), more composure from Lever, an AA premiership defender, and a lot more simplified entry into the F50.

Only eye gouged someone, geez if that happened to a Brisbane player Fagan would sook for a weeks about it.

Like Goodwin having a big whinge about Brisbane's culture?

Anyway, if Clarry Princess Oliver didn't have his elbow to Berry's throat, his face would be safe, pretty simple.

Wilmott, heir apparent for Mitch Robinson as Brisbane's biggest f-wit. Fancy a second gamer carrying on post game like that
He was fantastic, should be more of it. Great to see someone enjoying a win as much as he does, even if it was only against Melbourne.

You’ve been very classy, handled the loss well. Well played mate, the Dees will be back next year.
Well, maybe, a lot has to happen. There’s a few sides right on the up, including Carlton. We’ve really got to change if we want to contend. Some of our players looking very old or very slow due to a stagnated game plan.

A fair assessment, plus if I were a Dees supporter, I'd have been very disappointed in the output from Jackson. I thought he was very poor last night.

Yeah ******* s**t culture, joke of a club really. Having Zorko as captain shows that
Days since their last finals win at the MCG:

Brisbane - 1
Melbourne - 1457

:hearteyes:

A fair assessment, plus if I were a Dees supporter, I'd have been very disappointed in the output from Jackson. I thought he was very poor last night.
He had checked out a month ago. He has been very average. Very. It’s pretty obvious this whole process has distracted him. Fremantle would have been pretty disappointed at what they’ve seen from their future investment. More than happy for him to go.

Back