Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Semi Final - Demons v Lions Fri Sept 9th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
like all three of brisbane's flags . . . in a row
Lol oh yeah I forgot, Brisbane never played a home and away game at home from 2001-2003, and flew interstate for all their finals the morning of the game. Yep, definitely exactly the same

NeverEddie

Debutant
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lol oh yeah I forgot, Brisbane never played a home and away game at home from 2001-2003, and flew interstate for all their finals the morning of the game. Yep, definitely exactly the same
Richmond's 13 flags . . . would be less than half that if they had to cop what interstate teams cop

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Spot on I don’t know if he’s just perennially injured but he always looks in slow motion but for the wrong reasons

Not pendles/kiddy Coleman classy style but completely off the pace

With May taking all the kick outs Salem is a passenger at the moment. Looks to be constantly carrying an injury

Traded out pick 2 for him & another spud, could have drafted Josh Kelly

What doesn’t help Berry is that still is from the second time he gouges at Oliver’s eye. He got done for the one before that when he clearly did put his finger Oliver’s eye and scrapes across Oliver’s face. Oliver didn’t have his forearm on Berry’s neck or face at the point.

After the first eye gouge is when Oliver put the forearm down hard, and that’s the still above when Berry goes back for seconds.

This wasn’t a street fight, he wasn’t in fear for his life. He did the crime, he got the time.
Wrestle a player off the ball ✓
Put your arm across his neck so he cant breath ✓
Press down on his injured shoulder to try do serious damage ✓
Run and squeal to the umpires when the inevitable retaliation comes ✓

might need to fix ya culcha if this is acceptable at mfc

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
You could see all game that he was way too emotionally invested, pointing the finger at his teammates everytime a goal was conceded or a mistake was made. Trac tried to tell him to calm down but Lever continued carrying on and ultimately it cost them any chance to seize victory.
I can't stop watching your avatar of his dummy spit - LOL!

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Wrestle a player off the ball ✓
Put your arm across his neck so he cant breath ✓
Press down on his injured shoulder to try do serious damage ✓
Run and squeal to the umpires when the inevitable retaliation comes ✓

might need to fix ya culcha if this is acceptable at mfc
Either one, or both of your brain and eyes aren’t working. Please refrain from posting until in proper operating condition returns.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Yeah ******* s**t culture, joke of a club really. Having Zorko as captain shows that

I thought I’d better give you a trigger warning before you watch this week’s episode of “The Round So Far” on AFL.com.au

They talk about Melbourne (and particularly Oliver’s) tendency to dish it out and then dibber-dob when they cop it back.

Then they followed up with a discussion of how inspirational Zorko’s leadership was on Friday.

Just thought I’d give you a heads up because I fear for your mental health if you watch it.

It’s a shame Melbourne lost. They have a fine group of players that are extremely likeable.

I also feel sorry for their supporters who have behaved with such class and shown not a hint of arrogance since winning their flag.

Special shout out to Garry Lyon who we have all come to know and love as a quality human being and the type of friend you can rely on.

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
Richmond's 13 flags . . . would be less than half that if they had to cop what interstate teams cop
Richmond’s 3 flags in the AFL era would be double that if we got to pick the carcas of a dead club and then pay for the meal with COLA. You ain’t real Lions if you eat carion lol

Ingeniokinetic

Debutant
Jun 1, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Traded out pick 2 for him & another spud, could have drafted Josh Kelly
Yep injured in 22 for most. But was key part on 21, how many premierships does Kelly have? That trade was still fair. Coulda/Woulda/Shoulda be damned he's a premiership player, hope he's fit next year.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Just wondering what ol' mate Petty is up to here...

Petty.jpg

PrisonBars4life

Club Legend
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for thinking of me. I posted my congrats to the Lions already mate, I guess you missed it.

Sad to say no victory laps from me this year, been obvious for a while we weren’t the best team in it. Back-to-back is bloody tough.

Few tired and beaten up bodies in the end, and some questions to be asked of the coach. But the future is very bright for my beloved Demons. We’ll be back.

blah blah blah. You don't think we remember the mid-season carryon from you? I don't think I have seen a more arrogant lot both on and off field. Hawthorn/ Richmond at least waited to win a couple before trying to call the season in May ... then they backed up and won it.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
blah blah blah. You don't think we remember the mid-season carryon from you? I don't think I have seen a more arrogant lot both on and off field. Hawthorn/ Richmond at least waited to win a couple before trying to call the season in May ... then they backed up and won it.
To be fair Gawn only called season '22 as early as September '21. So he didn't go too early.

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
Said as if completely oblivious to their own club's picking over the carcass of the Suns
Laughable comparison. We traded with GC, under the same rules as all other clubs. The early 2000s Lions were the only club in history who got an exclusive right to pick the best 8 players from another club and have extra cap space to pay for it. No other team in the history of the game has had the leg up that the 2000s Lions had. I’m shocked they only won 3 flags tbh

Back