Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Semi Final - Demons v Lions Fri Sept 9th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Laughable comparison. We traded with GC, under the same rules as all other clubs. The early 2000s Lions were the only club in history who got an exclusive right to pick the best 8 players from another club and have extra cap space to pay for it. No other team in the history of the game has had the leg up that the 2000s Lions had. I’m shocked they only won 3 flags tbh
Sure... It also resulted into the newly formed Lions dropping down to the bottom of the ladder after the Bears were starting to contend, problems within the club due to the merge, players, coaches and other staff being unsure where they all stood etc. Of the 8 'best' players only 1 of them played more than 15 games.
The 2001 team consisted mostly of players who were already at the Bears by the time of the merge.

Sure... It also resulted into the newly formed Lions dropping down to the bottom of the ladder after the Bears were starting to contend, problems within the club due to the merge, players, coaches and other staff being unsure where they all stood etc. Of the 8 'best' players only 1 of them played more than 15 games.
The 2001 team consisted mostly of players who were already at the Bears by the time of the merge.
Molloy, Bamford, Chris Johnson all played more than 15 games.

Johnson became one of the best back pockets of all time.

You traded Hawking for the pick that netted Simon Black

You traded John Barker for Chris Scott

You traded Molloy for Mal Michael

Yeah you hardly got anything out of it lol

Laughable comparison. We traded with GC, under the same rules as all other clubs. The early 2000s Lions were the only club in history who got an exclusive right to pick the best 8 players from another club and have extra cap space to pay for it. No other team in the history of the game has had the leg up that the 2000s Lions had. I’m shocked they only won 3 flags tbh

... and yet still spent less than the Pies did (and that is just counting the visible part of their payments)

Your team has had how long now to get its shot together?

I mean shheeeeyyit dude. You are on a permadrip as one of the oldest football teams in the comp

Its like my grandad moving in with his great grandad to save money on rent slagging off his grandson for moving back in with his son to save for a house…

*shakes head
We all can't get away with playing in a grand final while our players are on Meth. Worsfold directing his players to the crack pipe to get an advantage.

We all can't get away with playing in a grand final while our players are on Meth. Worsfold directing his players to the crack pipe to get an advantage.
That comeback is so lame, animal rights groups will organise a boycott of bigfooty when its taken out the back and bumped off.

For starts - i wasnt talking about clubs getting their s**t together to win flags, i was talking about being financially viable without holding the rest of the comp back.

Molloy, Bamford, Chris Johnson all played more than 15 games.

Johnson became one of the best back pockets of all time.

You traded Hawking for the pick that netted Simon Black

You traded John Barker for Chris Scott

You traded Molloy for Mal Michael

Yeah you hardly got anything out of it lol
I didn't say we got nothing out of it but it massively destabilised the club.
Chris Scott was drafted to the bears.
We had some longer term wins that were based on some good decisions. The Lions probably would have been doomed for a long time if Leigh Matthews or someone of that ilk wasn't bought in when they were. I recently listed to Leppa talking about that (and his experiences at Richmond) and it was very eye opening to learn about the issues that were immediately created with the merge.

That comeback is so lame, animal rights groups will organise a boycott of bigfooty when its taken out the back and bumped off.

For starts - i wasnt talking about clubs getting their s**t together to win flags, i was talking about being financially viable without holding the rest of the comp back.
I think a lot of clubs would be 'more financially viable' if they directly got money from TV rights and other AFL income streams the AFL has that really are club driven.

Do you still have the link perchance?
It's on a podcast called sacked. Mostly interviews with sacked coaches, some players. For Brisbane fans there is a Leppa, aker and Wallsy who all talk about their years in Brisbane. There's an episode with Spud Frawley. Overall I think it's a pretty good insight.

My favourite part of the game was everytime Zorks got booed he seemed to enjoy it. Lifted him abit. Same with the Richmond game. Keep it up. Thanks.
he was pathetic tonight. embarrassing performance. 11 touches and got touched up defensively. Karma for getting way ahead of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was pathetic tonight. embarrassing performance. 11 touches and got touched up defensively. Karma for getting way ahead of himself.
Get off it mate. Ordinary tonight. For sure. But lifted us to be in this position. You are a dead set clown.

I think he meant the cats
Oh my god you wait all week to post that, just when you think someone can’t make a bigger tosser of them self they suprise you. You are a flog.

Back