Opinion AFL 2023 Finals Week 3 - Liked, Learnt, Hated PRELIMINARY FINALS EDITION

Remove this Banner Ad

I LOVED the way umpires did not reward the duckers and high-tackle free kick milkers.

"Nope... You leaned into it," said one umpire.

Commentators and fans seemed to lose their minds over these non-decisions, but I welcomed it.

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!

Piss weak frees for minor high contact is one of worst aspects of AFL footy, especially when half the players are deliberately trying to milk these free kicks. When umpires suddenly stop rewarding them with bullshit frees, that's when our great game goes to another level with 36 players going in fiercely to every contest, trying to win the ball, not the free kick.
It is the beginning of the end of footy when non decisions or wrong decisions are all over the games every game every week, because of AFL rule manipulating for what ever reason???
So when an umpire might pick out a "he leaned into it" umpire comment , a once in a blue moon, means very little to overall
Umpiring.

Because of the rules which without black and white decisions to be made it means individual perception with no time to see really, makes lots and lots and lots of decision and frees just simply unfair, for everyone!

Everyone cops it, every team!

Its when and where sometimes that turns a game on its head and can create results that might favour one team, everyone has experienced this. We spend the start of each week Monday, debating MRP rubbish or why a goal was allowed, or why a player gets bumped or tackled fairly and the bumper gets free kicked AGAINST!

That is what I hope today is not going to happen. Or please call push in the back, or maybe the Umps can work out what is accidental or round the neck,or dropping the ball or caught with the ball or illegal disposal, or a block or shepherd???

When is an arm punch fair??????????????????How often are there situations when a defending player ( from YOUR team) where ever on the ground, may as well just not even try to spoil. Those who jumped and tried to punch a ball away because he may hit the front players arm, fair dinkum you see it all the time. UNFAIRNESS!

The game is fine in itself the adjudication is a blight on the sport, as I have said many times, I can't help it.

I've seen it change, and I think it is getting closer to more people watching other sports.

I would love the umpires to not make petty free kicks ruin this game. Or change it, god help us????

And I hope its a real competition today!

The modern game, if you follow it pretty strongly and watch more than your own team, you can pick a result early , a pattern forms Geelong did it to Sydney last year, Sydney had no hope from the world go.

2022 First quarter???

For the first time in maybe 50 GF's, I've watched televised and two I've been to, I have watched til the end, even Hawthorn and North Melbourne in 1975.
But last year I knew who was winning quickly and early, no catch up coming.
I didn't watch the game after quarter time, so that's not the umpires, so much, but the new style and any team is capable of setting up a plan but these days like guarding space , that's when you lose. Or over handball 50 million times you can see it and the games a foregone conclusion.

I hope this is a good non umpire interfered with match, I have no idea who will win.

But black and white rules needed? So we all can pick a free all day all game, it was once, maybe this game os too fast, and injuries and reports rule the sport. What is that for? Maybe to give big pay packets to commentators to bulldust about?

People, understand when they can follow whats happening.
And the killing off of this political correctness ruining the game and every one frightened of being sued.

I hope their damned cameras have been replaced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back