Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - North v Eagles Sat March 18th 1:45pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast fans complaining about the umps even though they were looked after all day 🤡

At the end of the day, you just didn't have the cheese the hang with The Sheez

Surprised at the ump comments. I thought we got screwed a bit by the umps, so that must mean it was fairly evenly umpired. Our misses made it a lot closer than it should have been, but fair play to west coast for their comeback.

Get Nic Nat and Yeo back and they’ll surprise a few teams. We just bushwhacked them in the first half and got an astonishing game from Sheezel.

While lower level teams, I don’t think the game standard was poor (wasn’t great either, but enjoyable for most nonetheless)
Yeah, I almost enjoyed the game standard it was good.

Almost.

People not allowed to have an opinion anymore?

Plenty of neutrals in here agreeing the umpires had an impact. I don't think it's idle whinging when you have neutrals saying the same.
There were a few puzzling decisions but it evened itself out. I watched the whole game and didn't see it favouring either side.

There were a few puzzling decisions but it evened itself out. I watched the whole game and didn't see it favouring either side.
Cool. So you have an opinion and I respect that opinion and your right to hold it. We can see the game a bit differently and that's ok and healthy. As a result, I don't talk down to you like a child.

The misses from Allen and Gaff cost us the game late, not umpiring. Plus North were good.
That’s just it though isn’t it. It’s a lot easier to convert when you’re handed set shots 25m out from soft free kicks as opposed to a 55m 45° shot and a quick ping at goal which are the two you’re referring to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the ruck infringement?

Gotta give credit to west coast for fighting back. Not sure how they did it tbh, they still got smashed in clearances and cont possession yet looked like they were going to run over the top of North
there were times it looked like boys vs men out there.. Shuey, Sheed and Kelly just took control around the ball.

That’s just it though isn’t it. It’s a lot easier to convert when you’re handed set shots 25m out from soft free kicks as opposed to a 55m 45° shot and a quick ping at goal which are the two you’re referring to
So we were the better team, deserved to win, and only lost because the umpires screwed us over?
Yeah nah, we had our opportunities and didnt take them. We also left our run too late again.

But it was a good game I thought.

So we were the better team, deserved to win, and only lost because the umpires screwed us over?

Have a good day.
The result pretty much swung on those calls in the last 5 minutes because it was clear to everyone (including neutrals) that we were about to run over the top.

The start wasn’t ideal for sure and some players looked atrocious, especially in Q2 but yes I still think we deserved the 4 points based on that final quarter and last 5 minutes

The result pretty much swung on those calls in the last 5 minutes because it was clear to everyone (including neutrals) that we were about to run over the top.

The start wasn’t ideal for sure and some players looked atrocious, especially in Q2 but yes I still think we deserved the 4 points based on that final quarter and last 5 minutes
Sorry I edited my post while you were replying. A win would have been great but they were better than us today, I’m happy to admit that.

Hoping we get to see Sheezel forward of centre at some point this year. Think he's wasted down back but can see why Clarko will be deploying him there in the meantime.

Clarko loves versatility and playing forwards down back and vice versa for development has his fingerprints all over it.

Hoping we get to see Sheezel forward of centre at some point this year. Think he's wasted down back but can see why Clarko will be deploying him there in the meantime.

Clarko loves versatility and playing forwards down back and vice versa for development has his fingerprints all over it.

Wasted down back?

He cut West Coast apart in the first half and was probably in the votes.

He will eventually play fwd/mid in my opinion, but for a side lacking class off half back I’m not sure you can label him “wasted”

Back