Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - North v Eagles Sat March 18th 1:45pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasted down back?

He cut West Coast apart in the first half and was probably in the votes.

He will eventually play fwd/mid in my opinion, but for a side lacking class off half back I’m not sure you can label him “wasted”

Poor choice of words. By no means a waste but his skillset up forward will be match winning. Half back is an easier position to replace but he is the type of guy you want to have the pill with his vision and ball use.

Need to clone him.

Hoping we get to see Sheezel forward of centre at some point this year. Think he's wasted down back but can see why Clarko will be deploying him there in the meantime.

Clarko loves versatility and playing forwards down back and vice versa for development has his fingerprints all over it.
He'll have more options at half back when Thomas and Hall come back in

That’s just it though isn’t it. It’s a lot easier to convert when you’re handed set shots 25m out from soft free kicks as opposed to a 55m 45° shot and a quick ping at goal which are the two you’re referring to
Shuey blatantly ducked to try and cheat a free kick in front of goal and it worked. Strange you aren't complaining about that one?

Surprised at the ump comments. I thought we got screwed a bit by the umps, so that must mean it was fairly evenly umpired. Our misses made it a lot closer than it should have been, but fair play to west coast for their comeback.

Get Nic Nat and Yeo back and they’ll surprise a few teams. We just bushwhacked them in the first half and got an astonishing game from Sheezel.

While lower level teams, I don’t think the game standard was poor (wasn’t great either, but enjoyable for most nonetheless)

Getting Nic Nat back in the team will not lift the Eagles, he just can’t do it anymore. In essence the Eagles may be better off not playing him, as they need to look at the future.

Yeo has a bit left in his body, but when will his body be 100%.

See ya Simmo 👋

I know the flag buys you time but I still can’t believe he comes under no pressure. They’ve been the most disgraceful side in the comp for a couple of years now (relative to talent). They’re fat, lazy, unfit, unprepared, undisciplined and couldn’t give two shits about making an effort. They won two games last year. Two!

I know the flag buys you time but I still can’t believe he comes under no pressure. They’ve been the most disgraceful side in the comp for a couple of years now (relative to talent). They’re fat, lazy, unfit, unprepared, undisciplined and couldn’t give two shits about making an effort. They won two games last year. Two!
They had a horror run with injury, and COVID early in the year.

If Simmo came on the market, he'd get snapped up no problem

Must say it was a better standard than the North v WAFL side game last year.

Congrats North on avoiding what some had predicted would be a winless season.

commiserations Eagles fans. This could be another tough year.

There’s more to it than blaming injuries + Covid, they occurred but they were used as an excuse.

Well documented that they started 2022 with a good number of unfit players (professionalism?), then out clubbing and not taking Covidt serious (professionalism?).

Simmo + Godfather Teflon must take some heat on these issues. I’m not too sure that by the end of the season, that Simmo’s stocks will be that high.

There’s more to it than blaming injuries + Covid, they occurred but they were used as an excuse.

Well documented that they started 2022 with a good number of unfit players (professionalism?), then out clubbing and not taking Covidt serious (professionalism?).

Simmo + Godfather Teflon must take some heat on these issues.
Who?
I’m not too sure that by the end of the season, that Simmo’s stocks will be that high.
If Lyon can get another gig with an empty trophy cabinet at 2 clubs, Simmo will land a role if he wants it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who?

If Lyon can get another gig with an empty trophy cabinet at 2 clubs, Simmo will land a role if he wants it.

Who ?. Unfit players or Covid clubbers ?.

Unfit players. Numero uno was their ruckman, a midfielder with a short name.

Covid. Group of younger players, well documented by the local rag.

Of all the AFL players of all time Sheezel seems like the most 'complete' human being - by far. Skilled, tough, smart, handsome, extensive world travels and has lived in the 3rd world for long periods, speaks multiple languages, tactical firearms training/enthusiast, dancer, film/arts school, actress, outdoorsy, etc. You can tell he genuinely has his s**t together, like he could probably be a millionaire running just about any business, if he wanted. Are there any other AFL player that impressive?

It’s got nothing to do with either and had been rolled out for too long. The 22 that run out each week and totally unprepared and clearly don’t give two shits. There’s something very wrong there and has been for some time.

Of all the AFL players of all time Sheezel seems like the most 'complete' human being - by far. Skilled, tough, smart, handsome, extensive world travels and has lived in the 3rd world for long periods, speaks multiple languages, tactical firearms training/enthusiast, dancer, film/arts school, actress, outdoorsy, etc. You can tell he genuinely has his s**t together, like he could probably be a millionaire running just about any business, if he wanted. Are there any other AFL player that impressive?

Move over Jesus we have a new King of the Jews.

Must say it was a better standard than the North v WAFL side game last year.

Congrats North on avoiding what some had predicted would be a winless season.

commiserations Eagles fans. This could be another tough year.
I get that we’re not good, but for some to actually predict a winless season when we still managed 2 wins last year during one of the most tumultuous years in the club’s history makes no sense. The addition of Clarko and a few good recruits should help us improve one would think.

I get that we’re not good, but for some to actually predict a winless season when we still managed 2 wins last year during one of the most tumultuous years in the club’s history makes no sense. The addition of Clarko and a few good recruits should help us improve one would think.

The test now is to back it up. Not necessarily with a win but to follow it up with a strong performance.

When is the last time North had back to back wins? Should be the goal this year to achieve that.

The result pretty much swung on those calls in the last 5 minutes because it was clear to everyone (including neutrals) that we were about to run over the top.

The start wasn’t ideal for sure and some players looked atrocious, especially in Q2 but yes I still think we deserved the 4 points based on that final quarter and last 5 minutes
You are delusional

What languages does he speak?
And where did he live in the third world?

Back