Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - North v Eagles Sat March 18th 1:45pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing to lose, but you have to remember that the young Norths team has been together for a couple of years now. This is the start of a West Coast rebuild, so it’s not happening straight away. One thing for sure, they’ll win another flag before a lot of other teams.

Disappointing to lose, but you have to remember that the young Norths team has been together for a couple of years now. This is the start of a West Coast rebuild, so it’s not happening straight away. One thing for sure, they’ll win another flag before a lot of other teams.

Has West Coast acknowledged the need for a total rebuild?

It seems not. The re-signing for two years of a perpetually unfit NicNat would suggest not.

Has West Coast acknowledged the need for a total rebuild?

It seems not. The re-signing for two years of a perpetually unfit NicNat would suggest not.
Yeah, but "total rebuild" just been rebranded as "transition". This marketing speech masterclass has everyone bamboozled, but it means the same thing.

Not sure what you expected with NN? That we'd dump one of the club greats, who is near AA quality when he is fit and playing, when we have next to zero ruck stocks. His AFL ambassadorship means minimal salary cap impact and his current trade value wouldn't net us a gun ruck in return, even if we could lure one over. Moving NN on wouldn't have been enough to get us Jackson without also giving up our chance at Ginbey & Hewett - & irrespective of that, Jackson isn't the right fit for us rn.

Poor list management, sure. Drafting barnett is a move in the right direction, but a rookie ruckman is not up to the rigours of full-time AFL ruck duties.

Yeah, but "total rebuild" just been rebranded as "transition". This marketing speech masterclass has everyone bamboozled, but it means the same thing.

Not sure what you expected with NN? That we'd dump one of the club greats, who is near AA quality when he is fit and playing, when we have next to zero ruck stocks. His AFL ambassadorship means minimal salary cap impact and his current trade value wouldn't net us a gun ruck in return, even if we could lure one over. Moving NN on wouldn't have been enough to get us Jackson without also giving up our chance at Ginbey & Hewett - & irrespective of that, Jackson isn't the right fit for us rn.

Poor list management, sure. Drafting barnett is a move in the right direction, but a rookie ruckman is not up to the rigours of full-time AFL ruck duties.
LOL. Salary cap hey?

Honestly I hear Eagles supporters complain about Simmo's coaching and how some players are unfit and only collecting a cheque. Dunno how true all that is but I do think the standards that are set for Nic Nat aren't high enough and that other players have more expectations placed on them for fitness and effort on field.

He cost youse a game against us recently when Goldy ran forward and kicked a goal and Nic Nat stayed in the middle, not going with him.

So if its true that players aren't going all out then it might be cos of double standards with Nic Nat. Stuff like that is corrosive in terms of team morale and committment.

I was having bedtime thoughts before falling asleep last night and decided to write it down.

it’s 10:30pm, i’m about to go to sleep, and i just have this uninterrupted thought that i must get out. North are 1-0, we beat west coast convincingly and all is bright. I can’t help but ponder;

• will we ever lose again?
  • How much is a return ticket to perth to watch north go 2-0 next week against fremantle?
  • we’re winning our fifth premiership this year.
The presence of a man called alastair clarkson just fills me with such hope and belonging in this ever toxic football community. He’s taking us to the promised land i tell myself constantly. Collingwood? too predictable. Geelong? too old. North? Well, there’s not much the critics can say about us anymore. We are back. It happened once in the 70s and again in the 90s where we won 2 flags in quick succession. Why not again? I can’t fathom any situation whereby my beloved kangaroos can lose this year. i’m so confident in our ability and depth that i think we’re closer to a dynasty than people could ever comprehend. Kayne turner, what a big game player. He BLEEDS the blue and white, Harry sheezel, Not much can be said about this generation’s Brady Rawlings. Wardlaw still to come who just appears to be a future brownlow medalist, and Ben Mckay is not too far away from a return. The list just keeps going on. Keep writing us off, Keep saying we are no good and wooden spoon favourites. WE ARE NORTH MELBOURNE.

Back