Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - Port v Lions Sat March 18th 4:35pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

• Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Port by a lot

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s no rule that says free kicks have to be even. Port were extremely sloppy tackling and undisciplined. To Kens credit, he changed it up and your youngsters took the game by the scruff and we couldn’t go with them. So jog on, no need to whinge and be a sore winner
Or the fact that every time a brisbane player got tackled they dropped the ball and flapped their arms around like seagulls. Couple of players there also looking at auditions for the Aussie Dive team they way they were able to execute perfect dive. I’ve got huge respect for the Lions but that first half of footy was just a disgusting display of umpiring and need to be called out for what it was.

Or the fact that every time a brisbane player got tackled they dropped the ball and flapped their arms around like seagulls. Couple of players there also looking at auditions for the Aussie Dive team they way they were able to execute perfect dive. I’ve got huge respect for the Lions but that first half of footy was just a disgusting display of umpiring and need to be called out for what it was.

You guys literally got 12 points from clearly contentious decisions and yet you still feel the Lions got too kissed on the dick. Unbelievable.

I’m pretty happy with a win over a team that was meant to be the big movers and shakers this year , you’re the one who carried on protesting that free kick counts don’t matter like your life depends on it

You literally demanded stats from me to prove such a low count for your mob had ever happened AND I PROVIDED THEM then you moved the goal posts!

Bloody hell, enjoy your March Premiership, we might see you in September if you dont fall flat on your faces in June.

Now Boak is his mentor, he will come good, like SPP did when Boak mentored him.
Boak is the ultimate good person and professional.
I like Boak.

As I said though, pity he came across so disrespectful at North. It wasn’t a good look - people tend to remember these things in life - but if he’s happy where he is now, good for him.

Very impressive Port. Looking for an SA double tomorrow.

Brisbane and Gold Coast both thrashed. Black arm bands in the Sunshine state LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Power players truly love their coach. It's Hinkleys last year in his contract and we saw Power players fight for him. Brisbane has the most talented squad this year BY far. Their own ungrateful supporters vandalised their own club property in order to force Hinkley's sacking. The players know it and the board know it Hinkley single handily saved Port from relegation. Their own supporters don't realise how good they got it having a mastermind coach like uncle Kenny.

I don't see how they sack Hinkley this year. You will have a mass player exodus and the AFL will not be helping you. JHF and Rioli came for Hinkley. They both need a father figure and Hinkley provides that.

Koch needs to act fast or risk losing him to GCS.
Saying Ken single handedly saved Port is a big slap in the face to a whole bunch of people that had a hand in their revival and makes your entire argument invalid and ignorant. Either get your facts straight or just be quiet

is Horn Francis the best player in the competition out there today?

happy episode 8 GIF

Always thought the bottom few of their 22 stinks.

Like the Saints good years. It cost em.

I reckon they had have the same issue we do/did. They have plenty of players that are good on paper, but have glaring deficiencies to be exploited. Boak is a gun, but a poor kick. Wines the same. Good defenders but only against 'short' KPFs, etc. Brisbane have had a side full of battlers, but very few with absolutely elite skills. Hipwood, Danniher, Mcstay good on paper, but they're flat track bullies. They don't kick bags on gun players. Robinson lacked top end skill. Even when Harris Andrews was AA, it was because he was the best stopper, but you look at Richmond/ Geelong's defence and they are gun intercept/stopper/rebound defenders all in one. They play a decent system with lots of buy if from players. They just don't have the top end talent to engineer a win in an evenly matched game in finals. For all the talent at Richmond, they needed Dustin Martin to turn it up multiple times each finals series. I thought they were unlucky in 2021 though. Basically didn't have a forward line 5 mins into the finals series.

Port have been underrated this season prelim 2 years ago and the list looks better now than it did then to me.
I thought they could be the rebound team this year, a few years at the top followed by a year outside the 8 before rebounding to win the flag. Was looking like a shakey call at halftime yesterday but wow what a second half. Didn't get to see much of it so will have to watch a replay later today.

Easily the most impressive performance of the round thus far. Port had a hard edge to them that I haven't seen since maybe 2014, Brisbane couldn't deal with their heat

Back