Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - Saints v Freo Sun March 19th 4:40pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yerp JL and his game plan so much more exciting 😂
I don't know why you are having a go at me particularly. I don't like Ross as a coach or a person from what I've heard around the traps. Were you actually around and watching Freo games during the last two to three seasons he was with us? It was not pretty. Longmuirs results may not be great so far but you surely can't be saying you think we shouldn't have sacked him/still have him?

RTB is the Mourinho of footy. Gets results but only through playing dire negative football that forces his opponents to play the same way
Might he a bit easier when we have some key forwards to kick it to

Don't think we looked overly defensive, more the fact that almost every forward entry was being chopped off by Fremantle defenders.

Add King and Membrey to that side and we probably kick another 4 or 5 goals

That game from Luke Jackson first up is the football trade equivalent of finding dark streaks of blood in your faeces

Need some more tests to be sure, but not a good sign.

Especially given that the first question any responsible doctor will ask the club president is this- do you or your club have a history of high priced recruits being absolutely bloody s**t?

Last edited:
Where are all the geese that tipped Richmond top 4, Carlton top 4, Bulldogs contending, Freo contending, Hawthorn not winning the spoon, Swan's sliding? Welcome to 'expert' commentary and analysis, now they're all left scratching their heads because they veered away from logic.

I think if the season goes poorly for Freo its not a disaster. They can take their first round pick and draft a nice key forward to help out. Not all would be lost in those circumstances.
The thing is they have a guy named Amiss who is actually a pretty good forward but played Fyfe and Taberner over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are all the geese that tipped Richmond top 4, Carlton top 4, Bulldogs contending, Freo contending, Hawthorn not winning the spoon, Swan's sliding? Welcome to 'expert' commentary and analysis, now they're all left scratching their heads because they veered away from logic.
Everyone has tipped us outside the 8.

Predictable result.
Ross, organization, and fear of coach to motivate the last qtr G and D.
Freo, just can't score much.

Is the season over after round 1?
Geewizz, blink and miss it.

This goes beyond football. How can people trust someone who is willing to change their stance so quickly? A hypocrite without consistent beliefs?
It would be more intoletable, and hypocritical, if the hypocrite had consistent beliefs.

Back