Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - Suns v Swans Sat March 18th 8pm AEDT (Heritage Bank Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Goldcoast-vs-Sydney.png

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 1
GOLD COAST SUNS V SYDNEY
SATURDAY MARCH 18TH 8:00PM AEDT (HERITAGE BANK STADIUM)

:arrowright: CLICK HERE JOIN TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

CF953DB5-3AA4-4181-9C98-45306F447E81.png

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

Suns

B: Farrar, Collins, Macpherson
HB: Long, Ballard, Constable
C: Hollands, Miller, Uwland
HF: Lukosius, Chol, Swallow
F: Holman, King, Flanders
FOL: Witts, Rowell, Anderson

I/C: Ainsworth, Casboult, Davies, Jeffrey
EMG: Berry, Fiorini, Graham, Moyle

Swans
B: T.McCartin, Rampe, P.McCartin
HB: Cunningham, Lloyd, Florent
C: Warner, Mills, McInerney
HF: Hayward, McLean, Heeney
F: Papley, Franklin, Gulden
FOL: Ladhams, Parker, Rowbottom

I/C: Campbell, Blakey, Stephens, McDonald
EMG: Francis, Roberts, McAndrew, Sheldrick

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Sydney Swans players and staff will wear black arm bands to honour the late Barry Round. Round played 328 games in his VFL/AFL career including 193 for Sydney. He captained the Swans between 1980 and 1984, won the 1981 Brownlow medal and was named in the Swans’ team of the century.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
With Touk a little underdone I’ll tip us but with zero confidence. The Suns tend to beat us for fun
Will Ladhams get up for round 1? No Hickey and Ladhams in the middle would be major advantage for Witts and Suns.

Last edited:
Will Ladhams get up for round 1? No Hickey and Ladhams in the middle would be major advantage for Witts and Suns.
Ladhams is supposed to be ok for round 1 (I think) but we’re still talking about McAndrew getting a debut as the second ruckman. Big advantage for you guys either way

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ladhams is supposed to be ok for round 1 (I think) but we’re still talking about McAndrew getting a debut as the second ruckman. Big advantage for you guys either way
Ladhams was pretty impressive against Carlton TDK and Pittonet over weekend.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
With Touk a little underdone I’ll tip us but with zero confidence. The Suns tend to beat us for fun
Gold Coast, going by recent upset results, the Swans are their bunnies
We have a fantastic recent record against the Swans. We've won 4 of the last 6 matches to be specific. With Touk Miller and Ben King playing I'm feeling good about our prospects.

Quietly confident because of the mental edge we seem to have. Suns by 22.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Interesting to see the AFL is playing around with the times here. Demons v Bulldogs will start at 7:25pm Melbourne time and Suns v Swans will start at 8:00pm Melbourne time. Essentially giving fans the opportunity to watch the first quarter of the Dees v Bulldogs match or the last quarter of the Suns v Swans match. If this one is close then I suspect quite a few footy fans will tune in for the fourth quarter and perhaps that was the AFL's expectation all along.

pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
Bullish about the Suns, reckon they're in this right into the final quarter and lose by a respectable goal or two. Genuinely think this is the year for finals for them though

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bullish about the Suns, reckon they're in this right into the final quarter and lose by a respectable goal or two. Genuinely think this is the year for finals for them though
A bit disappointed that Ellis is not ready. It will be interesting to see who replaces him on the wing (Sharp possibly).

Not ideal start on injury front. Suns are missing Ellis, Lemmens, Weller, Powell, Humphrey, Budarick, all could be considered best 22 and all should be back by round 4 except Budarick.

Obviously, a lot of Suns supporters are worried about defence. Namely, Constable who never played there and there are doubts he can defend and possibly Macpherson playing in defence who is known for clangers.

IMO, midfield as usual will decide. I am pretty bullish about Suns midfield. Miller, Swallow and then Anderson and Rowell in 4th season looking in great shape. Witts should get better of Ladhams. Davies and Flanders look ready to contribute more in the middle. Hollands could spend some time in the middle too.

Back