Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 10 - Dogs v Crows Sat May 20th 2:10 pm AEST (Mars)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs-vs-Adelaide.png

6th v 8th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 10

WESTERN BULLDOGS V ADELAIDE
SATURDAY MAY 20TH 2:10PM (MARS STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

BULLDOGS

B: T. Duryea, L. Jones, E. Richards
HB: B. Dale, R. Gardner, J. Johannisen
C: O. Baker, M. Bontempelli - C, B. Williams
HF: A. Scott, J. Ugle-Hagan, C. Weightman
F: A. Jones, A. Naughton, R. Lobb
FOLL: T. English, B. Smith, T. Liberatore

I/C: T. O’Brien, C. Daniel, J. Macrae, J. O’Donnell
EMG: L. McNeil, M. Hannan, L. Cleary, J. Sweet

In: T. O’Brien
Out: A. Keath (Omitted), L. McNeil (Sub)

CROWS
B: M. Michalanney, N. Murray, J. Butts
HB: M. Hinge, B. Smith, W. Milera
C: J. Soligo, J. Dawson - C, C. Jones
HF: L. Sholl, L. Murphy, L. Pedlar
F: L. Gollant, D. Fogarty, I. Rankine
FOLL: R. O’Brien, R. Laird, B. Keays

I/C: J. Rachele, R. Sloane, P. Parnell, E. Himmelberg
EMG: M. Crouch, S. Berry, N. McHenry, J. Worrell

In: N. Murray, L. Gollant, E. Himmelberg
Out: T. Doedee (Injured), R. Thilthorpe (Injured), T. Walker (Managed), N. McHenry (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Judging by the weather report it's going to be a real wet slog. We're 2 from 3 this year in those sorts of games. Our defense has been pretty strong and Adelaide have obviously been electric up forward.

Going to be a corker.

For both the Carlton and St Kilda games I predicted a genuine 50-50 game. Ended up in smashings to us but both games at home.
This one at Ballarat, where we won last year, is another genuine 50-50 game.
As it's down there, I'll be surprised if it's much bigger than 2 goal margin.

As much as the Dogs have improved defensively the last few weeks across the field. Teams who move the ball quickly, have exposed the Dogs at times this year, even during some of our wins. Adelaide look to be one of the better teams at moving the ball from one end to the other. They were very clinical against what was the best defensive team last weekend.

I think the Crows will kick a decent score. So the question will be, which Dogs forward line shows up to match them? Dogs have struggled to make inside 50s count this season, and are prone to inconsistency. If the Dogs win the midfield battle, slow the Crows ball movement, and the forward line functions, Dogs should win. Also rate us a chance if it rains, as long as we are not top heavy in talls.

If the Crows move the ball with ease all day, and the Dogs butcher their forward entries. The Crows will get up. Would not surprise me if Crows win by a fair margin here either. First of three big tests for the Dogs over the next three weeks. The in form Crows, Gold Coast who are good at home, and then their bogey team in the Cats. Win a couple of those, then top four is a decent chance.

Dogs have played outside a few times so far this season. I think almost of all of them have been wet/raining? Does not look to change this weekend. Going to be a very cold and wet one.

Adelaide haven't actually played away from home that much .. 3 times, and they lost 2 and Hawthorn should have made it 3.

Weather is meant to be cold, windy and wet. I'd be surprised if they could move the ball fast

Adelaide haven't actually played away from home that much .. 3 times, and they lost 2 and Hawthorn should have made it 3.

Weather is meant to be cold, windy and wet. I'd be surprised if they could move the ball fast
yeah..lucky to get over the line v the hawks but should have put GWS away in the 1st half much like with collingwood at home and didn't. When we click and hit the scoreboard we are formidable, when we have the yips in front of goal, we are in trouble

yeah..lucky to get over the line v the hawks but should have put GWS away in the 1st half much like with collingwood at home and didn't. When we click and hit the scoreboard we are formidable, when we have the yips in front of goal, we are in trouble
Same could be said about GWS though. They won the second half convincingly and weren't particularly accurate

Same could be said about GWS though. They won the second half convincingly and weren't particularly accurate
point was if we were 8 goals up at half time, in that heat it would have been much much harder to come back from..we threw that one away with horrid 1st half kicking to keep them in it and they then got up by a couple of goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots gets made of the Crows inaccuracy in that one, whilst it's true we could have probably put enough scoreboard gap on to ice the match the element that gets overlooked is the 36 degree heat. Towards the last 5 minutes of the 1st half you could see the Crows defensive running completely drop off. I'd say GWS managed their energy a bit, we played more like a young side ready to go but didn't play the conditions smart it was GO, GO, GO and whilst it worked as we fatigued the match shifted.

Just my take.

As for this weekend coin toss type game imo, hoping we find a way as that would really unlock our season as a real finals chance.

The game last year was a warm, sunny April day.
And I quote from the AFL Match Report:
ADELAIDE has clung on to record its third win of the season, defeating the Western Bulldogs by just one point on Saturday.

It was an error-strewn game in cold and gusty conditions in Ballarat, and goalkicking was an issue for both sides in the 8.15 (63) to 9.8 (62) result.

ADELAIDE has clung on to record its third win of the season, defeating the Western Bulldogs by just one point on Saturday.

It was an error-strewn game in cold and gusty conditions in Ballarat, and goalkicking was an issue for both sides in the 8.15 (63) to 9.8 (62) result.
Was sunny all game

Have you just added your own edits and passed it off as a quote?

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpeg
    IMG_2395.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 79

Surprised you didn't add in "and Adelaide would totally win this game again next year by at least 100 points if it were played in May."

I hope conditions on Mars are not too brutal.

I think Crows might tackle too much for Dogs. This would be a nice little scalp for them. But not easy with Dogs coming into form.

Crows by 2.

Back