Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 10 - Port v Demons Fri May 19th 7:50pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port-Adelaide-vs-Melbourne.png

4th v 2nd

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 10

PORT ADELAIDE V MELBOURNE
FRIDAY MAY 19TH 7:20PM AEST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

POWER

B: A. Aliir, T. McKenzie, T. Jonas - C
HB: R. Bonner, R. Burton, D. Houston
C: T. Boak, J. Horne-Francis, M. Bergman
HF: J. McEntee, C. Rozee, S. Powell-Pepper
F: D. Byrne-Jones, J. Finlayson, O. Lord
FOLL: S. Lycett, O. Wines, Z. Butters

I/C: D. Williams, W. Drew, K. Farrell, F. Evans
EMG: J. Mead, L. Jones, J. Burgoyne, T. Clurey

In: D. Byrne-Jones, S. Lycett
Out: T. Marshall (Injured), B. Teakle (Omitted), J. Mead (Omitted)

DEMONS
B: J. Bowey, S. May, M. Hibberd
HB: C. Salem, J. Lever, A. Brayshaw
C: T. Rivers, C. Oliver, K. Pickett
HF: E. Langdon, T. McDonald, J. Viney
F: C. Spargo, B. Grundy, B. Fritsch
FOLL: M. Gawn - C, C. Petracca, L. Hunter

I/C: J.van Rooyen, A. Neal-Bullen, K. Chandler, J. McVee
EMG: B. Laurie, J. Jordon, J. Smith, T. Woewodin

In: C. Salem, T. McDonald
Out: T. Sparrow (Suspension), H. Petty (Injured), J. Jordon (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

A line in the sand match where we show up as being contenders or pretenders. Would have like to go into this match with a full compliment of fit players but time for our coaching department to earn their keep with good selections and strategy. Players need to be sharp from the get go.

Grundy is an astute forward. Knows when to go down there and kick timely goals.
Should really stretch your backline.

we have lots of gaps for a wanna be contender. we need a ruck and another +194cm defender.

we also have too many marginal afl players in our 22.

we get away with it with the bottom 10 sides, challenged by the top 8 and shown up against the real contenders

Still remember Aliir Aliir following his AA home and away season with a final series that culminated in Josh Schache pulling his pants down in the preliminary final. I mean the entire Port Adelaide team collectively shat the bed that day but Aliir in particular was absolutely useless, comically bad.

Really hope we dump sook Petty for King Schache, would LOVE to see him pump Aliir again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still remember Aliir Aliir following his AA home and away season with a final series that culminated in Josh Schache pulling his pants down in the preliminary final. I mean the entire Port Adelaide team collectively shat the bed that day but Aliir in particular was absolutely useless, comically bad.

Really hope we dump sook Petty for King Schache, would LOVE to see him pump Aliir again.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Petty out injured for 4-6 weeks.

Ken has got the Power playing a superb brand of football. I think they will be too strong at home for the Dees on Friday.

Should that eventuate, then the Power are possibly top 4 bound. Koch should quit stuffing around, and move to sign Hinkley to a long term deal.

Should be a cracker of a game, I really like the way Port are going about it, both Adelaide teams are tough to beat over there. Shame about Petty getting injured, looked great in the first half last week as a forward. But it gives one of McDonald, Brown or Shache a chance to step up.

I am honestly not sure why we are getting pumped up as we are. Who have we beaten? The WB in round one and Sydney, who are now 14th. We played insipid football against Brisbane where a power outage saved us from a 60+ point hiding, and have really only beaten lowly sides this year, as we should. Richmond we scraped home against.

If we win this then I’ll have confidence we are a top 4 outfit, lose and we are making up the numbers of the 8. Forward line is a big issue, and with Petty injured we will be relying on one of McDonald or Brown who should playing their last years (or very close to). Petracca should be taking this game apart, but he ebbs and flows between elite games and ones that are so so. Oliver needs to do more with his possessions, and we need to see our defence click.

I honestly can’t see us kicking a decent score against good sides unless a lot changes very quickly.

Absolutely not surprising if Port win this by at least 40 points.

Interesting pessimism from the Demon fans here. Bring the intent and you got this.

We have an undersized defence, no ruck and an unsettled forward line. We only have unpredictablity and a home crowd in our favour.
Setup beautifully for a crushingly poor Demons performance. Sam Powell-Pepper to kick 7.

Back