Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Crows v Lions Sun May 28th 4:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Crows by a lot

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing win by the Crows! Great pressure and intensity all game and it was too much for the Lions in the end. The crowd going ape-shite helps a fair bit too! I think this will stamp Adelaide deep inside the Top 8 and they may be a Top 4 chance playing like that.
We're still a pretty poor travelling side at this point so I don't think we are as comfortable as that. Our best at AO is clearly very good but losses like the one to your mob probably hurt our chances of being more entrenched imo.

Happy to be proven wrong of course

Frustrating game to lose when you dominate. Feels like a classic premier league game when the Top 6 team just batters the weaker oppo but they get a few on the counter attack and cause an upset.

Credit to the Crows for capitalizing on our sloppyness but you play this game over again and I don't think you get the same result.
So very gracious of you

Nah... That's bulls**t.

I have seen the crows been on the other end of umpires on certain games.

2016 vs the dogs at docklands was one of those games.

Umpire Troy Pannell face 18 free kicks in that game. 17 to the dogs and only 1 to the crows

I constantly remind crows fans such as Kane McGoodwin that game
Thanks, too true, but I was being sarcastic

A point about scoring shots tho: this can be misleading. Scoring a point gives you a strong chance of scoring again. If you keep missing, you can control field position. Similar story for inside 50s.

You can't do a Dwayne Russel and say, wow if that 6.14 was 14.6 it'd be a different game. No one can predict how the game would have gone if some missed shots were goaled. Does the opposition answer straight back? Maybe kick a few in a row? It's possible to be in an even worse position, we simply can't know.

That said, Pies were definitely the better team when they had 28-26 scoring shots against Brisbane 😜

Hadn't thought of it like that but good point.

Disappointing that Brisbane couldn’t win this, they need to perform better on the road. Adelaide, however, are very good. Would love to see them go deep into September, however the main thing is they play finals with a view to a flag next year. Cheering very hard for Port or Brisbane as Melbourne are junk.

We've heard that about many sides over the years. It's a long season. Pies the most trustworthy side at the moment but things can change or another side can run hot when it matters.
Hmmm, yes agree, but I think they’re just a bit above the rest. Adelaide will be top 2 next year I reckon, very good side. Just got to make the 8 this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back