Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Eagles v Bombers Sat May 27th 7:40pm AEST /5:40pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WCE-vs-Essendon.png

18th v 9th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 11

WEST COAST EAGLES V ESSENDON
SATURDAY MAY 27TH 7:40PM AEST/5:40PM WST (OPTUS STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

EAGLES

B: R.Bazzo, T.Barrass, A.Witherden
HB: S.Hurn, J.Rotham, L.Duggan
C: J.Hunt, T.Kelly, L.Edwards
HF: D.Sheed, J.Waterman, J.Petruccelle
F: N.Long, O.Allen - C, C.Jamieson
FOLL: B.Williams, E.Yeo, A.Gaff

I/C: R.Ginbey, B.Hough, L.Foley, C.West
EMG: C.Chesser, X.O’Neill, Z.Trew, G.Clark

In: T.Barrass, S.Hurn, L.Edwards, E.Yeo
Out: X.O’Neill (Omitted), C.Chesser (Omitted), H.Edwards (Injured), J.Jones (Injured), G.Clark (Sub)

BOMBERS
B: A.McGrath, B.Zerk-Thatcher, J.Laverde
HB: M.Redman, J.Ridley, K.Langford
C: S.Durham, Z.Merrett - C, D.Heppell
HF: N.Martin, J.Stringer, J.Caldwell
F: W.Snelling, S.Weideman, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti
FOLL: S.Draper, B.Hobbs, A.Perkins

I/C: D.Shiel, N.Hind, M.Guelfi, J.Menzie
EMG: N.Bryan, K.Baldwin, M.D’Ambrosio, A.Davey Jnr

In: J.Laverde, D.Shiel, M.Guelfi
Out: A.Davey Jnr (Omitted), K.Baldwin (Omitted), M.D’Ambrosio (Omitted), A.Phillips (Managed)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Not good for the comp when a team is such an easy kill, amiright Beerfish ;)

It isn't good.

I'm thinking we need to look at mid season draft concessions where the bottom 4 can select any player from any other club, if they have played less than 4 games out of 10 and in at least their third year.

I feel like most West Coast sides I’ve known would show some fight after the week they’ve had, but it’s bloody hard to do that when you’ve barely got a list to choose from. Given that, it’s hard to blame them if it ends up being another heavy defeat really. If they keep it under 50 points it’s an amazing result.

It isn't good.

I'm thinking we need to look at mid season draft concessions where the bottom 4 can select any player from any other club, if they have played less than 4 games out of 10 and in at least their third year.
Nah real supporters just ride these occasional s**t seasons out, we don’t want the League to bend and twist to accomodate us. It’s our turn to be crap and that’s all there is to it, it won’t last for like 6836 days amirite zackah and eth-dog 😊

I feel like most West Coast sides I’ve known would show some fight after the week they’ve had, but it’s bloody hard to do that when you’ve barely got a list to choose from. Given that, it’s hard to blame them if it ends up being another heavy defeat really. If they keep it under 50 points it’s an amazing result.
I’ll just watch like this

IMG_1242.gif

Right now I’d consider anything under 100 an amazing result lol

Nah real supporters just ride these occasional s**t seasons out, we don’t want the League to bend and twist to accomodate us. It’s our turn to be crap and that’s all there is to it, it won’t last for like 6836 days amirite zackah and eth-dog 😊

Personally I love footy and enjoy watching other sides as much as I do port. Even watching SANFL or WAFL is great, when seeing the young kids develop. What I don't find entertaining is watching sides who simply can't play footy........and yes every club hits this point at some stage. So a part of what I suggest is to enable the AFL to have a better quality product more regularly.

In the case of the eagles..........it is currently very ugly on the park. but from a club perspective the eagles' business will continue to thrive. Clubs like the Roos and Suns don't have that privilege................when they are down and out, so to is their club and to such an extent their existence is in question.

To mitigate this, the weaker clubs fear bottoming out and make short term decisions like recruiting poorly in a bid to remain competitive (roos). In doing so, they will always struggle to compete for a flag or worse dig the hole they seek to avoid. Essentially undermining the competition as a whole.

What I'm proposing brings integrity to a competition that has so many inequalities such as travel, footy vs non footy markets, club revenues, club supporter bases and marketing etc etc.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
You'd remember better than me, but in my life of watching footy since 1990, i can remember 2 eras of poor eagles sides outside this current couple of years where covid and injury has ravaged a post-flag list.

Judge era, and that post flag woosha era before it bounced.

You guys are never down long.
Compare that to our last 20 years..... :p

Back