Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Saints v Hawks Sat May 27th 1:45pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing what happens when they can kick straight.
Have the Hawks turned the corner, or has the St Kilda bubble burst?

Having Mitch Lewis healthy makes a massive difference. Some of our early losses mightve been wins if he wasn't injured coz we didn't have a forward target. He gives us a forward structure which we missed when he was out.

Hawks a just a bunch of racist bullies that get away with playing like cage fighters because the umps fall in the trap that it's "poor old hawks", Mitchell taking off where Clarkson started. Pandering to the umpires so they get away with bullshit tactics like elbowing guys in the head.
Ha! Those 13 Hawthorn players out there today who've not yet played 50 games, were being too rough were they?

I was there and saw it....you?
Being there doesn’t make you somehow superior. It just makes you old.

That aside, you seem like a terrible human being for justifying nearly killing a bloke for a bit of alleged “niggling”.

Your joking, Not one single HTB was called for the Saints all game, although Mackenzie tried to run through packs like he was the Hulk. Sicily grabbing and smacking any Saints forward but yep no free kick.

Hawks a just a bunch of racist bullies that get away with playing like cage fighters because the umps fall in the trap that it's "poor old hawks", Mitchell taking off where Clarkson started. Pandering to the umpires so they get away with bullshit tactics like elbowing guys in the head.
Sorry mate just came here to apologize for the behaviour of some of our known bullies .
Seamus 'mad dog' Mitchell , Cam ' big Arnie ' Mackenzie , Conor ' gun show' Macdonald and Josh 'tank' Weddle .

I can see why you guys and the umps would feel physically threatened .

Sicily, incredible.
Dominated and owned his back 3rd of the ground to an extent you don't often see. The launch pad for the final 5 in a row.
Fantastic!

Saints looked flat as a tack. Their usual strong defensive system seemed lost in qtr4 agains a bit of Hawks chaos and the unexpected.

Speechless.

We threw a win away, that stuff up from Higgins cost us the game, opened the door for the Hawks who were good enough to storm right through it.

Credit to the Hawks though, they worked harder than us all day and deserved the win.

Hopefully that's the kick up the arse we needed, too many passengers today, Owens, Windhager, Bytel and Billings need to get a crack in our midfield.
You are not blaming the umpires?

No umpire blaming from me today for our loss.

The blame lies solely with our players and coaches.

We weren't good enough and the Hawks were too good.

As Ross says failure is feedback and we got some strong feedback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Hawthorn well done. Awesome performance what a come back! Onwards and upwards 👍

Speechless.

We threw a win away, that stuff up from Higgins cost us the game, opened the door for the Hawks who were good enough to storm right through it.

Credit to the Hawks though, they worked harder than us all day and deserved the win.

Hopefully that's the kick up the arse we needed, too many passengers today, Owens, Windhager, Bytel and Billings need to get a crack in our midfield.
I thought we had shot ourselves in the foot badly with our first half goal kicking. Stoked we came back, with a young team heads can easily drop in that situation, commiserations for the loss, hard to take when you play badly and lose.

You’ll play finals this year still, may be the loss that gets rid of some complacency.

That "loss you needed" trope. Probably ends up being the loss you didn't need in order to finish top 4.
Plenty of teams have an embarrassing loss and come back hungrier. Any loss could be the loss that causes you to miss top 4. Saints still can make top 4, especially with Geelong and Melbourne playing so poorly at the moment.

Plenty of teams have an embarrassing loss and come back hungrier. Any loss could be the loss that causes you to miss top 4. Saints still can make top 4, especially with Geelong and Melbourne playing so poorly at the moment.

Our players looked tired and lacking energy yesterday, they had two tough road trips before this game and were coming off a 6 day break this week.

Hopefully the bye next week will give our players the chance to freshen up for the rest of the season, we should get a few more good players back too.

Also the Melbourne, Geelong and Bulldogs losses yesterday worked in our favour as well and it means that we will maintain 5th spot on the ladder.

Our players looked tired and lacking energy yesterday, they had two tough road trips before this game and were coming off a 6 day break this week.

Hopefully the bye next week will give our players the chance to freshen up for the rest of the season, we should get a few more good players back too.

Also the Melbourne, Geelong and Bulldogs losses yesterday worked in our favour as well and it means that we will maintain 5th spot on the ladder.
Yeah, it can be a long season at times. Bye coming at the perfect time for you guys to regroup.

The whole top 8 has question marks, if you guys can rebound from this I see no reason why you can’t finish top 4. From there it only takes a bit of luck for you to end up in the big dance.

Yeah, it can be a long season at times. Bye coming at the perfect time for you guys to regroup.

The whole top 8 has question marks, if you guys can rebound from this I see no reason why you can’t finish top 4. From there it only takes a bit of luck for you to end up in the big dance.

I doubt we will make it all the way to a GF this year, I'd be pretty happy fi we could just play finals and maybe win one, anything more is a bonus.

I doubt we will make it all the way to a GF this year, I'd be pretty happy fi we could just play finals and maybe win one, anything more is a bonus.
You’ll play finals. If you can finish high enough (still an if at this point) I don’t see why you couldn’t have a good run at it. The teams around you have some serious weaknesses - mental (Melbourne, Brisbane, Port), Age (Geelong), Scoring (Fremantle). There aren’t any stand out teams this year, any of the current top 9 could win it on their day.

Back