Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Suns v Dogs Sat May 27th 7:25pm AEST (TIO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can’t stand that this will go unspoken about in the media all week, we will pretend like this never happened by tomorrows arvo game
The worst officiating of a sporting context I’ve seen in any code of sport globally
Either way up the suns

It was the 50 that gave it away for me.

Weightman has milked frees his entire (short) career. But the 50...that was something you never, ever see in a game. Umpires are directed to tell the player where to stand. Whether it be manning a shot at goal, or manning the mark across the field. Nearly every player is told about 50 times a game 'back 2 metres...stand.' Giving the 50 without any instruction, was blatant cheating - and I never complain about umpiring.

If you guys hadn't of won, I think the footyverse may have lost their collective minds.

Umps did everything to keep Gold Flogs in it in the final 5 mins, AFL's love child getting the preferential treatment as always.. that Naughton goal called a behind is an absolute disgrace.. Gold Coast were throwing the ball the whole night as well.

A classic of the cognitive dissonance/troll genre.

Superb.

The umpiring we had against West Coast in Perth was worse than Melbourne or the Dogs but we won easily so it just goes unnoticed.

Yep, the umpiring in the game against West Coast, was scratch my head type of decisions.

Maybe the Suns are forwarding their EFT funds to the wrong Jolimont bank account ?.

Umpire didn't even give the Suns player time to move back, just called the 50m instantly, one of the worst calls I've ever seen! With <10 points in it and not long to go.

Did the umpire actually set the mark ?.

The only audio I can hear is paying the 50, you’re 2 metres over the mark.

How can you be 2 metres over a “non existent mark” ?.

Brad Johnson reckons the Suns were lucky with a few decisions and a few bounces of the ball... what the actual feck!
About as one eyed as it gets if that’s his honest opinion
Did the umpire actually set the mark ?.

The only audio I can hear is paying the 50, you’re 2 metres over the mark.

How can you be 2 metres over a “non existent mark” ?.
no, that’s what makes it even more baffling

Suck s**t you cheating campaigners.
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
campaigners
Gotta be one of the best posts in BF history 😂 Well worth the suspension!

This happens every single mark and the umpire simply calls the player back. Then gives 50 of the player doesn’t do it. I have never seen a 50 given so quickly
That instance, along with the series of Weightman frees that simply weren’t there, indicated that the umps were desperate to get the Bulldogs back in it, or even over the line. Then the non-call of the marking interference on Lukosius just before Humphries’ great goal. It was really blatant and all going in one direction.

How will the AFL respond to this?

Crickets
If the AFL were to respond then it up to them to prove that it all above board and the deck is not stacked in this card game.
This would be a difficult task for the AFL, because such proof would need someone from the AFL with a lot of credibility.

I mean Weightman did say it’s a skill rather then dive to do what he does.

He’s a star player. But he’s bringing this into his game and it’s effecting his talent by having to prove a point. He deserves the Ginnivan treatment.

On the flip side, if the dogs can’t beat a bottom 8 side with the umpires gifting them the game

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

At least we can beat Adelaide 😳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back