Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Swans v Blues Fri 26th May 7:50pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sydney-vs-Carlton.png

12th v 11th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 11
SYDNEY V CARLTON
FRIDAY MAY 26TH 7:50PM AEST (S.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

SWANS

B: L.Melican, N.Blakey, R.Fox
HB: O.Florent, J.Lloyd, H.Cunningham
C: Ch.Warner, L.Parker - C, J.McInerney
HF: R.Clarke, H.McLean, W.Hayward
F: T.Papley, L.Franklin, I.Heeney
FOLL: L.McAndrew, E.Gulden, J.Rowbottom

I/C: A.Francis, B.Campbell, T.Hickey, S.Wicks
EMG: W.Gould, A.Sheldrick, Co.Warner, D.Stephens

In: L.Melican, T.Hickey, S.Wicks
Out: W.Gould (Omitted), D.Stephens (Omitted), P.Ladhams (Injured), A.Sheldrick (Sub)

BLUES
B: S.Docherty, J.Weitering, N.Newman
HB: B.Kemp, M.McGovern, A.Saad
C: B.Acres, P.Cripps - C, O.Hollands
HF: M.Kennedy, H.McKay, T.De Koning
F: C.Durdin, C.Curnow, J.Motlop
FOLL: M.Pittonet, G.Hewett, S.Walsh

I/C: J.Boyd, A.Cerra, M.Cottrell, M.Owies
EMG: E.Curnow, J.Silvagni, Le.Young, L.Fogarty

In: B.Kemp, T.De Koning
Out: Le.Young (Omitted), E.Curnow (Omitted), J.Silvagni (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

:carlton: Carlton News

2023 Indigenous Guernsey

This year’s Indigenous guernsey reflects traditional Tiwi culture representing the Kulama Ceremony, Pamajini (arm bands) and spear and has been designed by proud Tiwi woman Russellina ‘Russy’ Puruntatameri. The Kulama Ceremony is an annual celebration of life and an important ritual for young men. It consists of three days and three nights of ritual body paintings, singing and dancing which happens towards the end of the wet season when a ring appears around the moon. The circular shapes on the guernsey represent the ceremonial dancing ground, an important ceremony in the Tiwi community that symbolises good health, hunting and initiation. Russy wanted to showcase the strength and resilience of the Tiwi women through illustrating a Numwariyaka (spear) and Pamajini (arm bands)which sit proudly across the front. The arm bands are woven from pandanus and are an important part of Tiwi ceremony. For the first time, the guernsey will be worn by both the AFL and AFLW teams this year.

Gift exchange

Taking place at the coin toss pre-game, the Blues will gift Sydney a Pukumani Pole, designed by proud Tiwi woman Russellina Puruntatameri. The Pukumani Poles are part of a major ceremony of great significance to the Tiwi culture. The Pukumani ceremony is the culmination of ritual mourning for a deceased person. Several months after the burial, family commission in-laws of the deceased to carve and decorate elaborate tutini. These are then placed at the gravesite during a showy performance of song and dance, and tunga (bark bags) are placed upside down on top of the poles to signify the end of life.

Mitch McGovern – 50 Games

Carlton defender Mitch McGovern will play his 50th Carlton game tonight against Sydney. McGovern joined Carlton at the end of the 2018 season after a trade with Adelaide. Having played the majority of his career as a forward (having kicked 104 career goals), McGovern made the switch to the backline following the 2021 season, filling a gap alongside Jacob Weitering. Despite a hamstring injury ruling out the middle portion of last season, McGovern slotted seamlessly into the back half, with his intercept marking and pinpoint delivery proving to be key assets of his game.

:sydney: Sydney News:

SIR DOUG NICHOLLS ROUND

Our players will wear our Marn Grook guernsey, which was designed by GO Foundation scholar, artist Lua Pellegrini, a proud Wiradjuri woman who grew up on Darug country.

GIFT GIVING
These are a set of black wattle timber hunting and ceremonial boomerangs. These were traditional and are still used to hunt animals and used in ceremony to accompany song and dance. The shape of the boomerangs are dependent on the natural bends found in the branches of the trees. Co-captain Luke Parker and Lance Franklin will present the gifts.

MATCH DAY PARTNER – GO FOUNDATION
The GO Foundation creates opportunities for Indigenous young people through the delivery of their scholarship program, with a focus on culture and education. You can donate to the foundation here:

MILESTONES

• Chad Warner will play his 50th AFL game this Friday night. Warner was taken with pick 39 in the 2019 National Draft.
  • Lance Franklin (1057 goals) requires one more to pass Doug Wade in outright fourth spot on the all-time goal kicking list.
  • Luke Parker is set to play his 100th game as co-captain of the club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't want McGovern Ed Curnow in my side again and I have serious issues with Weitering. Hollands needs a break.

Kemp Dow TDK Binns need to come in

In the end changes won't matter unless we play a better cohesive brand of football and bring 100% effort.

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio
I don't want McGovern Ed Curnow in my side again and I have serious issues with Weitering. Hollands needs a break.

In the end changes won't matter unless we play a better cohesive brand of football and bring 100% effort.
So another loss then... Sydney will springboard from this game while Carlton will be having one eye on the draft.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
A battle of who shits the bed the least.

Both sides out of form and should be looking at this game to turn it around.

I actually think the smaller ground will suit us. Our game plan is boot the ball as close to Charlie’s head as possible so it can’t be a hindrance.

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton

weitering is so unbelievably lucky sam durdin is injured.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Wouldn't watch this as a neutral, both sides playing terrible the only hope is that one of us might find some form.out of it.

melbun

Premium Platinum
Jan 15, 2023
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Giants.
As far as tipping goes, it is wrong to have to pick one of these teams as a winner.
At this stage of the season, both teams have great skill in finding ways to lose a game.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Depends if T McCartin is cleared to play. Without him, his brother and Rampe, the backline is a lay down misere (see some of the contests Swans v Geelong with Mills on Hawkins).

Why not move Heeney down there?
He's a splendid mark. Similar to Sicily who is also undersized.
He'd make a decent interceptor because at the moment, he ain't kicking enough goals.

Back